Instincts regarding Gender

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 08:43 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
For those of you who don't know what you're having yet.... What are your instincts on what you're having? Does DH/SO/DF think differently?

From the very beginning I've felt like I'm going to have a boy, but I can't help but wonder if it's wishful thinking lol. Since I already have my little girl, I'd love to have a boy this time around (although I'm blessed either way). Its funny though, 'cause Hubby thinks we're going to have a girl - lol

For those of you who now know the sex of your baby.... Were your instincts right?

April 21st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've felt like this baby is a boy all along. DH 'wants' a girl since we already have a lot of boys. I prefer a boy but will love it either way. My mother instincts have never failed me.

April 21st, 2009, 09:08 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My instincts from day one were boy. Dh doesn't have a guess, he doesn't want to set himself up for disapointment. lol EVERYONE has told me boy.
With my youngest, DH wanted a boy and my instincts said girl and told him to be prepared for another girl. That's when he had me make him a deal that if it were a girl, we'd try for a 3rd. lol My instincts were right.
I can not wait to find out!!

April 21st, 2009, 09:09 AM
*Hayley*
i've felt like boy until recently and now i'm having doubts lol BUT last pregnancy my first instinct was boy, and then i convinced myself it was girl and he's all boy.
April 21st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Boy...but, I don't know if it's instinct or if it's just that after having three boys I figure that's what we have. Not a big deal either way. I've never had a gut instinct with any of mine. I always guess, but, I'm never sure... I actually think this is the most sure I've ever been.

April 21st, 2009, 09:21 AM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
I have thought girl from day one. I'll be happy with either, although I'm a little intimidated by a boy, LOL. DH is desperate for "his boy" but I just really think its a girl! All my dreams are about having girls, the chinese lunar calendar says girl, intelligender said girl. The Lunar Calendar said girl last time and I had a girl - all my last pregnancy I was convinced Carly was a girl and she was! So I just don't hold out much hope for a boy, I'll be shocked if we get one!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 21st, 2009, 09:45 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly's Mama View Post
I have thought girl from day one. I'll be happy with either, although I'm a little intimidated by a boy, LOL. DH is desperate for "his boy" but I just really think its a girl! All my dreams are about having girls, the chinese lunar calendar says girl, intelligender said girl. The Lunar Calendar said girl last time and I had a girl - all my last pregnancy I was convinced Carly was a girl and she was! So I just don't hold out much hope for a boy, I'll be shocked if we get one!
I'm actually intimidated by a girl. I really hope this baby is a girl. But if it's a boy I'll be happy too. Boys are just so easy it's crazy. Well my son is. He just goes with the flow and he's such a good boy. Plus, he LOVES his mama. This morning when we were getting dressed he taped me on my shoulder, i turned and said yes, and he said I love you mommy. My heart stopped. Now if I can keep him from saying that to little girls in about 10-12 years we'll we good. My instincts with this baby say girl. DF says girl too. All the charts say girl so we shall see.
April 21st, 2009, 09:48 AM
Regular
My instincts from day one has been boy, DH wants a boy too. We'll be happy either way though.
April 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always thought that my first child would be a girl...but ever since I got pregnant, I've been wondering if it could be a boy. We would be thrilled either way, but I'd always imagined myself with a little girl first...my friends and family are all divided, and the Chinese calendar predicts girl.

I would love to do the Intelligender test, unfortunately, I read that if you have PCOS (which I do), the test is not accurate...so we'll just have to wait until our June appt to see

April 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I have a feeling I'm having a girl.. I had this same feeling with Adriana and in the end I was right.. I guess we'll see when I have my next U/S..

April 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Instincts for me are girl, BUT, with my dh's family history, it's highly unlikely. A boy would be easier but deep down, I would love another girl and I'm terrified I'm going to be slightly disappointed if it's a boy, although I love my boy.
April 21st, 2009, 10:33 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my son I was convinced I was having a girl. Now this time around I am trying not to think about it! I desperately want a little girl, but have no intuition when it comes to this. With my son I had girl dreams constantly and with this one I have boy and girl dreams. My friends think it's a boy, but my mom and husband think it's a a girl. I have my ultrasound June 1st so I guess I will find out then. I'm trying to prepare myself for a boy though...
April 21st, 2009, 10:35 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
have no instincts to be honest. I know what i WANT, but as far as any indication in my mind? none!

and I was wrong with Holden, definitely thought he was a girl

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 21st, 2009, 10:35 AM
Snowpeas
I think it's a boy, dh thinks it's a boy.

I am horrible with instincts but dh knew that Olivia was a girl from the beginning so I'm trusting him.

Last edited by Snowpeas; April 21st, 2009 at 10:38 AM.
April 21st, 2009, 11:24 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I don't have one really. and even with my others I didn't really have it. I thought #4 and #5 were gonna be girls... but I think that was my hoping for a girl each time.

April 21st, 2009, 05:38 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
i kinda feel like the baby's a boy.. but like the original poster said, it could be wishful thinking lol! my husband doesn't have a guess or a preference.

April 21st, 2009, 05:57 PM
Regular
i have from the start thought it was a boy. my hubby has thought it is a girl, however he thinks that b/c he already has a daughter with a previous relationship i told him just b/c he has a girl now dont mean this one will be. but i honestly think its a boy we shall see soon i hope!!
April 21st, 2009, 06:24 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a feeling its a girl. Either way though I don't care as long as s/he is healthy this time.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 21st, 2009, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first, I wanted a girl SOOO badly I would actually get upset and cry if I started thinking it was a boy, but she turned to be a girl and I was over the moon! I told myself over and over again that it's gonna be a boy so that I was prepared so I wouldn't be let down, terrible huh? With my second, I thought at first that it was another girl but then the further along I got, the pregnancy started to be different than with DD and I found myself mentally referring to the baby as a "he" and I was right, he was a little boy and I love him dearly. I would absolutely love to have another baby boy but I truly feel that this baby is a girl, which I would also absolutely love, so I am not partial one or the other, but I have felt from the beginning that this baby is a girl so we will find out in 26 days!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search