Back from my appt!!!!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 07:47 AM
Super Mommy
Ok ladies, I actually had a good appt today FOR ONCE! LOL Dr. put the doppler down on my belly and we didn't hear anything but I felt a mass to the right a little bit and told him to move it, what do you know!!! He found it right then and there! The machine he used didn't give a number count but he assured me baby and uterus were measuring just right... i am going around noon to get my quad screen done at labcorp.

I also asked him about plans for a scheduled csection and he said they actually do Vbac if thats what I wished to do, now I am confused and kind of upset about having to make the decision. I don't want to seem lazy and would love to try for it but I had such a horrible experience trying to have Chase it actually scared me, I was passing out and begging for a csection at that point!

Anyways, all around good appt... tough personal decision I have to make... Also anatomy scan will be last week of May which is only 4 or 5 weeks away!! WHOOOO HOOO!!! It's starting to get real here!
April 21st, 2009, 07:52 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear your appointment went well!! That is a tough decision to make. Just let it soak in for a few weeks and do what you feel is right... no matter what the little baby you'll be holding at the end will make whatever you chose feel right. Good luck!

April 21st, 2009, 07:57 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your appointment went well! Don't stress over the decision you have to make. Do what you think is best.

April 21st, 2009, 08:07 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Glad the overall appointment went well!! Try not to stress over making the decision right away, and trust your heart with what you feel is best for you and the baby

April 21st, 2009, 08:12 AM
*Hayley*
glad you had a good appt!! not to be nosy, but if you don't mind me asking...is there any medical reason why your body wasn't able to push Chase out? Was he too big?

and i see his bday just passed...happy bday!!!
April 21st, 2009, 08:15 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything is ok. Honestly, don't stress over it. Way your pro's and cons to each and go from there. You have PLENTY of time to just think it over and do what YOU feel is best.

April 21st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear your appointment went well. don't stress about the delivery decision yet...you have some time to think about it. Congrats on things going well!

April 21st, 2009, 08:18 AM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
yay awesome appointment! I got a surprise too, when my DR. offered me the VBAC. When I gave birth to Carly 2 1/2 years ago, they didn't offer it at all. I went with my gut and went with the scheduled c section, I had so many problems last time I didn't think it would work. Just think it through, you have plenty of time and you'll make the right decision for yourself and you baby!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 21st, 2009, 08:29 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hayley* View Post
glad you had a good appt!! not to be nosy, but if you don't mind me asking...is there any medical reason why your body wasn't able to push Chase out? Was he too big?

and i see his bday just passed...happy bday!!!
Well my son was born 9lbs but I could only crown him because my dr., despite a u/s when I got into the hospital, decided not to tell me that the baby was facing the ceiling and not the floor... which made it almost impossible for me to push out a 9lb baby, he later told me that he didn't want to see me have to get a c-section because I am big and it would take longer to heal because my belly would hang over the scar which I think was a crock of sh**!
So, I was in labor for 22 hours (4 days if you count the sleepless nights because I had such bad irregular contracts) and pushed for 2.5 hours just to have a csection, I remember they were pulling me into my c-section and I couldn't stop pushing and he was actually yelling at me... All I was thinking was "well you shouldn't have let it get this far!"

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I am getting quesy thinking about my experience. Ugh LOL atleast I had a beautiful baby come out of the whole ordeal.
April 21st, 2009, 10:23 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Sounds like the appointment went well.

As for the VBAC... if its something you may want to try talk to over in lots of depth with your doc, the pros cons and if they think you can do it.

I have had babies that were 8 1/2 lbs and down to 6lbs 3oz. the 8 1/2 pounder popped out in one push, the 6lbs 3oz one was harder cuz she was face up. But the chance of that is very slim i know.

April 21st, 2009, 01:10 PM
Snowpeas
Glad your appt went well. Wow, that's neat that you can feel where the baby is...I definitely can't yet.

It is a tough decision. You have a lot of time to think about it. Go with your gut and what you're most comfortable with.
April 21st, 2009, 01:15 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a good appointment. I'm going to get my quad screening done today or tomorrow.
April 21st, 2009, 05:37 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a good appointment.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search