Scared and worried

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 07:55 AM
Regular
My doctor wanted at CT scan of my chest done because I'm at risk of aortic dissection during pregnancy, I did a lot of research and there's pretty much no risk to the baby as long as it's not an abdominal one; and the benefit of checking my heart outweighed the risks. They had to do a qualitative pregnancy blood test before the test because of their hospital protocol, even though I told them I already knew I was pregnant. The tech came back 30 minutes later and it was NEG!!!???? I'm trying to get an ultrasound this afternoon because I'm freaking out that something is wrong. I've heard sometimes that qualitative ones can be wrong but I wouldn't think it would be at 13w1d. I'm really worried now that something is wrong.
April 21st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
That's odd. Maybe there was a lab error. Go buy a pregnancy test to calm your nerves. If it's positive then you know they were wrong.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
April 21st, 2009, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's strange! I'm really betting it's a lab error - even if you HAD lost the baby and didn't know it, it would take a long time for the hCG to leave your system at this point.

April 21st, 2009, 08:06 AM
*Hayley*
they probably ran the wrong test on your blood and it came back neg for something else.
April 21st, 2009, 08:08 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
weird... maybe a test error?

April 21st, 2009, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How bizarre...of course you're freaking out. Go get a digi and calm your nerves. I'm sure everything is fine and they made a big oops. Hey, you may get to see pictures of your little one today!!! Please KUP, I'm thinking of you! When was your last appt? Call your doc's office!

April 21st, 2009, 08:12 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's just crazy!! I guarentee their tests were wrong. Even if (god forbid) something were wrong, unless you have miscarried already, your HCG levels are still there and would show on a pregnancy test.
Trust me, wouldn't be the first time some moron in labs messed up.
Everything will go great today, you'll see your baby and it's beating heart!

April 21st, 2009, 08:12 AM
Regular
My last appt. was at 10 weeks, my next one is not until 18 weeks. I've been calling my ob's office he out on vacation today (go figure) so I'm trying to get a hold of the doctor covering him to see if I can get a u/s. still waiting for a call back from when I called earlier.
April 21st, 2009, 08:15 AM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
yeah I'm with the others, if somehow you did have a loss, your levels would definitely still be high enough to register. I'm betting they made a mistake! You poor thing!!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 21st, 2009, 08:21 AM
Super Mommy
I read up for you and it says that even if you were to have lost the baby and not expelled it your test would come back positive for 2 weeks even after your D&C/labor. Just as it would for an abortion. Don't worry, got by a dollar store test, i'm sure it'll come back positive.
April 21st, 2009, 10:17 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
That is really strange! I would bet some sort of a lab error

April 21st, 2009, 10:29 AM
Snowpeas
If they don't get back to you maybe you can go to the ER with some complaint so that you could get an u/s. Definitely sounds like they're making tons of mistakes. ((hugs))
April 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, that would be so scary. I'm hoping that it is just lab errors and that everything is ok with your baby. I will have you and the little one in my thoughts and prayers.

April 21st, 2009, 10:44 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It has to be a lab error. You would have known if you miscarried.
April 21st, 2009, 11:33 AM
Regular
Dr's office finally called me back and said they can't get me in for a u/s until tomorrow!! I would take a hpt but I'm too afraid of it being neg. ugh, I'm such an emotional roller coaster right now.
April 21st, 2009, 11:59 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Aww sweetie, I can understand being scared. I'm sorry they can't get you in until tomorrow. I really bet that it was a lab mistake. I know you're worried but go get a home test. I bet it will be positive and relieve your worries a bit until tomorrow when you can see the baby yourself.

April 21st, 2009, 12:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
oh hun I am so sorry this is happening I would be scared as well! I just know the u/s will be perfect tomarrow!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 21st, 2009, 12:20 PM
Super Mommy
Wow, sorry you are going through this, I pray it's some kind of mistake. I know better said than done but I think if I was in your shoes I'll wait until the u/s since it will be more accurate. Urine test at this stage can be whacked.
April 21st, 2009, 12:55 PM
Snowpeas
Can you go take an hpt and have your SO check the results?

I can't believe your doctor's office would make you wait until tomorrow. That's ridiculous!! I am praying the time goes by quickly for you ((hugs))
April 21st, 2009, 01:07 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I can't believe they are making you wait. They always have a couple emergency spots, if this isn't an emergency then *** is it? I'd be finding me a new practice to go to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search