Had my 16 weeks Appointment!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 07:58 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Everything went well... for the most part lol.

It wasn't until 6pm yesterday and I thought we were going to be late and we left in such a rush. Surprisingly we got there right on time but it was kind of busy so the ladies at the front desk seemed a bit distracted. They told me they'd let Val know that I was there and we went and sat down. A half hour later I went back to the front desk to make sure all was ok, but no one was there. I rang the little bell on the desk a couple times and finally someone came out, told her my appointment was at six and I was still waiting and she went back to remind Valarie. Turns out Val didn't know we were there, so we ended up not even getting started with the appointment till 45 minutes after the original time that was scheduled.

It was so nice once we got in though, I really love this woman ... she has such a good heart. Every time I have an appointment I feel so good about my decision to be going to a birth center with midwives and she seems to genuinely care about how I'm doing and what's going on. It wasn't a particularly long appointment, just a check up really. BP was good and the Baby's heartrate was 160 bmp Second time I got to hear it and both times they found it right away!

Still getting headaches so we got to talking about that. I'm going to lay of the prenatal a bit for now and also find someone who can either give me a massage or an alignment. My neck, particularly the right side, has been really bothering me lately. She also told me this could be what's causing the "motion sickness" I've been feeling when in the car.

Regarding Acne (since many were asking) she recomended Fish Oil... and since I will be laying off the prenatal vitamin I think I'll try taking a B complex and Fish Oil daily to make up for it some.

She seemed completely fine with my weight and everything, and I told her we will probably be moving. Hubby and I have talked about moving in with his mother (north to Arlington) because she is struggling with finances. This would put us another half hour out of the way (an hour from the birthcenter) which makes me nervous when the baby comes but my midwife said that if we wanted they would come to us. It's nice to have that option.

I will be scheduling the genger ultrasound this week, although the actual u/s won't be happening for another four weeks. My midwife wants me to set up the appointment for around 20 weeks pregnant and I just hit 16 weeks on Sunday. (posted a belly pic btw in case you'd like to check it out! ) I'm ok with that, although I'm getting really eager to know lol.

April 21st, 2009, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment, even though it started late. Good news. And, I can't wait to hear about our u/s! 4 weeks and counting...

April 21st, 2009, 08:08 AM
*Hayley*
glad you had a good appt!!!
April 21st, 2009, 08:13 AM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
sounds like a good appointment. And was your daughter born in January 2007? I think we were in the last DDC together, she looks familiar and so do you!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 21st, 2009, 08:17 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you had a good appt!!

April 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly's Mama View Post
sounds like a good appointment. And was your daughter born in January 2007? I think we were in the last DDC together, she looks familiar and so do you!

Oh my Gosh, YES! I thought you looked familiar too! How cool

April 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM
Snowpeas
Sounds like it went well. Sorry they made you wait, that stinks!

I lived an hour away from the hospital where I had Olivia and it really did work out fine but it's nice they give you the option to have them come to you. Glad you are so comfortable with her.
April 21st, 2009, 10:23 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Sounds like things are good!

April 22nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Mommy View Post
Oh my Gosh, YES! I thought you looked familiar too! How cool
Aww I knew it! How neat!! When was Rayne born? I swear she and Carly had the same or close birthdays! Carly was born 01/05.
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 22nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Peytonsmomma
i live 30 minutes away from the hospital, and i started taking fish oil after my last apt which was last month, it's supposed to help with there development also, it hasn't helped my acne at all, in fact i think mine hasn't gotten worse. i'm glad your apt went well!
April 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly's Mama View Post
Aww I knew it! How neat!! When was Rayne born? I swear she and Carly had the same or close birthdays! Carly was born 01/05.
Rayne was born on January 5, 2007 as well!!! How crazy is that! Maybe our babies will be born the same day this time around also, you never know! That would be too funny

April 22nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
hoping4more
sounds awesome congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search