Gtky 4/21

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
What do you do for a living?

If you are a SAHM, do you ever plan on returning to working outside the home? If so, when do you see it happening?

If you are a WOHM, are you leaving work soon before baby, or not until baby? When do you plan on returning to work after the baby is born, weeks? months?

If you are one "mommy", would you rather be the other "type"?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 21st, 2009, 08:19 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a SAHM and won't return to work unless I'd have to.
I LOVE being a SAHM and wouldn't trade it for anything!!

April 21st, 2009, 08:21 AM
*Hayley*
I'm a 5th grade teacher. I'll be home with the new baby for about 8 weeks. I'm glad to be a WOHM. I was a SAHM for the first 6 months with Cohen, and I loved every minute. But, I like working and getting out of the house and bringing home income.
April 21st, 2009, 08:23 AM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
well... I WAS an apprentice Pet Groomer. I am apprenticing under my father who is a professional dog groomer - I work a couple days a week and its nice because I can bring my daughter with me. BUT my OB put the kaibash on that because of risk of toxoplasmosis (we have to express anal glands all day and stuff) so now I SAH with her full time. I miss work
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 21st, 2009, 08:26 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a medical transcriptionist/medical secretary at a children's hospital. I will leave work probably about 2 weeks before EDD and won't go back until 50 weeks later (August 2010 I guess).
I haven't experienced by a SAHM so, I'm not sure which I would prefer. But I know we will need the income after my leave is over, so I won't have a choice.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 21st, 2009, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Right now I wait tables to get through my masters program. I was supposed to graduate dec of next year but obviously that got pushed back I always wanted to be a SAHM and I'm thrilled that we can afford it. I'll finish the two classes I need while the baby is young and when he/she goes to school, I'll start teaching (I wanted to get my masters before starting). That's if we haven't given the baby a brother or sister yet.
April 21st, 2009, 09:13 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now I'm a stay at home mom and I enjoy it for the most part. Some days I want to pull my hair out, but it's because we homeschool too and that can be stressful at times, but well worth it. It's hard to connect to other homeschooling moms though, because I'm not your typical homeschooling mom and right now only have one child so I tend to always be the odd chick out.

I like making money and somedays I would love to be receiving my own paycheck, but for right now it's not possible. I'm thankful we can afford for me to stay home. I am a licensed massage therapist and would eventually like to set up my practice mainly doing energy work and natural healing stuff. The good thing about that is the hours are very flexible since I would be working for myself, etc. So, I don't know...we'll see. Kinda taking it as it comes. Oh I would like to start an internet business too which I hopefully will get up and running before the baby comes. Sorry for the ramble...a little all over the place this morning..LOL!
April 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Snowpeas
I have my nursing license and loved working as a nurse but I am currently a SAHM.

I will go back to work if I need to but I'm enjoying every single moment of being at home with my child(ren).
April 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I work in custom framing because I live in a small town, my real job when in larger cites is project/office manager but we are moving in june and I will be quiting and not looking agian for a year or two. I have never not worked so it will be weird

April 21st, 2009, 10:38 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
What do you do for a living? im a SAHM/ Goodmama worker/ Photographer

If you are a SAHM, do you ever plan on returning to working outside the home? If so, when do you see it happening? Not likely.. unless all my kids are in school full time

What do you do for a living? im a SAHM/ Goodmama worker/ Photographer

If you are a SAHM, do you ever plan on returning to working outside the home? If so, when do you see it happening? Not likely.. unless all my kids are in school full time

April 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
What do you do for a living?
Currently I am a waitress or lane server/bartender at AMF Circle Lanes (bowling alley) I bartend and waitress on Sunday and Monday nights and just waitress on Wed/Thur/Sat. I strangely love it. Though its just min. wage, the tips are pretty great for it not being a resturant, and as the girl that has always been the fat/non attractive type of all my old friends its pretty awesome getting hit on all week especially since I started working here after losing 50+ lbs.

If you are a SAHM, do you ever plan on returning to working outside the home? If so, when do you see it happening?
n/a

If you are a WOHM, are you leaving work soon before baby, or not until baby? When do you plan on returning to work after the baby is born, weeks? months?

My OB believes I will deliver in Sept, so I plan on leaving my job in Aug, to spend some time with the boys before new baby comes. I plan on returning to work between the end of Oct-start of Dec. All depends on our financial situation.

If you are one "mommy", would you rather be the other "type"? I would love to be a SAHM, but 1. We cannot afford it, and 2. I just plainly do not have the patience. When Collin was born in Jan 08 I had been a SAHM from Nov. '07-June '08, and being home all day everyday took a huge toll on me.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 21st, 2009, 11:29 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm a SAHM mom for the most part. I work a few hours one night a week at a seasonal job. I also babysit in my own home.

I'd like to go back to teaching someday but not anytime soon.

April 21st, 2009, 01:46 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I work in a Pharmacy in a Hospital.. I will be returning to work after my 3 months of leave is done.. I honestly don't mind working.. I believe it's a tougher job then staying at home.. At least for me anyway.. **no offense to those SAHM**

April 21st, 2009, 01:46 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
double post..

April 21st, 2009, 07:09 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you do for a living? SAHM

If you are a SAHM, do you ever plan on returning to working outside the home? If so, when do you see it happening? Probably when all my kids are school age.

If you are one "mommy", would you rather be the other "type"? No

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search