Getting Frustrated

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 04:05 PM
megan72782's Avatar Veteran
Choosing a name shouldn't be this hard! It is seriously the only thing that I think about. I have read every name ever invented, and have a list of 3 boy names, and 5 girl names. DH keeps shooting me down with every suggestion, until I said my top girl name. He said, "I don't know, let me think about it"

So I'm all excited that he didn't say no, and just for fun, I typed it into google, and it's a freaking celebrities kid's name!! First and middle names!! The middle name I'm not totally set on, but I really like the flow.

Should I just not mention it to my husband? lol Would it be really lame to have the same name as a celebrity kid?

April 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM
Snowpeas
Don't mention it to him would be my advice.

No matter how much you research chances are there will be another child with the same name. If you really like it (and dh does too!) go for it.

It was so hard to pick a girl's name with my first pregnancy that my husband and I both liked. Olivia was actually the only name we both agreed on. lol
April 21st, 2009, 05:25 PM
Super Mommy
I am in the same boat as you and DF keeps coming up with these off the wall names! I am so upset.

It's not stupid to have the same name... could you give any insight on what the name is? lol
April 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM
I don't want to say the name until I am 100% sure that is the name we are using. I am still absolutely in love with it though, and it almost makes me want this baby to be a girl just so I can use it!

The celebrity isn't hugely popular, but I think lots of people know who she is. (The father was more in the public's eye, but he has passed away) Are those enough hints?? lol

April 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eh, if you love the name, who cares if someone else has it!

Tori Spelling??? off the wall guess @ the celebrity

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 21st, 2009, 07:45 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heath Ledger?
April 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I would use it anyway if he agrees to it. I picked my girl name Bailey Grace back in sept '06 since them, I have seen 3 just here on JM

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
Yes, it was Heath Ledger. And you know what, I don't care! We have offically decided on names, we even shook on it. lol

Boy- Nolan David
Girl - Matilda Rose

I am extremely happy with both names, and I don't care who else has them!

April 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
BentleysMommy's Avatar Member
it shouldn't matter - cause you know what even if you don't realize you will learn when the child is born and by then it's defintely too late.

For example: Our sons name is Bentley - after Dierks Bentley...however, once Bentley was born we got "Oh like the car" ***: I didn't even know there was a car - I know, I am in the wrong tax bracket.

So I say If you like the name use it - regardless of what anyone else says...I never told anyone our names until the baby was born - so no one could make "ugghh really" faces at us...once our baby was born - they can complain about the name on the way home in their own cars lol
April 22nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleysMommy View Post
So I say If you like the name use it - regardless of what anyone else says...I never told anyone our names until the baby was born - so no one could make "ugghh really" faces at us...once our baby was born - they can complain about the name on the way home in their own cars lol

I have only told my parents the names, and they really like them. I won't be telling anyone else until the baby is born, which is why I posted them here! I had to tell someone!!!!! I am so happy to have a name. It makes it just that much more real.

April 22nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love both of your names! Totally worth fighting over and who cares what anyone else thinks? There is always someone else with that name that pops up Your girls name is so close to the one we chose: Maura Rose (family names). And I'm using it no matter who else does!
April 22nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ah ha! I knew it was Matilda Rose! I totally say go for it. Actually when my husband and I were watching something on tv (think around Oscar time) and they were talking about Heath winning they mentioned his daughter. My husband really liked the name...he's an Aussie too so it sort of reminds him of home I guess...Waltzing Matilda and all that. I think it's pretty...and NOT common...yet also not weird! Seems people I know and meet keep coming up with the same names or they just simply make names up.

Glad you're settled on names now. It is so hard..I think boys are harder than girls. We're Catholic so this time around I am going for saints names if it's a girl...for a boy probably not just cause there aren't too many I like.
April 22nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan72782 View Post
Yes, it was Heath Ledger. And you know what, I don't care! We have offically decided on names, we even shook on it. lol

Boy- Nolan David
Girl - Matilda Rose

I am extremely happy with both names, and I don't care who else has them!
oh my goodness those names are Fabulous!! I especially love Matilda Rose
Congrats on Choosing!!

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
April 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I like those names. I think as long as it isn't the same as some wacky stars kid like Pilot Ispektor you're good! If you picked a name like that we may have to reach through the screen and smack you around a little! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search