Doesn't make sense to me

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 07:12 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't make it to my quad screening this weekend. In fact, I can't go until tomorrow (Wed). Well, I called the dr's office to see if that was okay and the nurse said I was supposed to go when the doctor told me to go. I don't get it. I thought the optimal time to get the screening done was between 16 - 18 weeks. I will be either 17 weeks 1 day or 17 weeks 4 days on Friday (u/s was measuring ahead by 3 days).
April 21st, 2009, 07:35 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I'm not sure. I'm supposed to be reading up on quad testing right now and weather or not I want to do it. I'm not sure that I'm going to. What are your reasons for wanting to get it done?

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 21st, 2009, 07:55 PM
Dh has been on pain medication for 15 years (nerve damage due to an accident). He is very nervous that the meds could cause complications. So, to ease his mind and mine, I have decided to get the screening done. I know there are false positives, but I figured that there are steps beyond the screening to check.
April 21st, 2009, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I know my OBs office gets a little ticked if I dont call in advanced when I cant make an appt, maybe thats why she acted like that?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 21st, 2009, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by little duckie View Post
I know my OBs office gets a little ticked if I dont call in advanced when I cant make an appt, maybe thats why she acted like that?

I didn't need to go to the office. The lab is located on the 1st level of the building and all paperwork was given to me on Thursday. Lab tests are done on a walk-in basis.
April 21st, 2009, 09:56 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just went last Friday to have our Genetic counseling and to go over the screening. They all said that 16-18 weeks is OPTIMAL and they say that to give themselves a window because peoples schedules will get busy. I told them I would be out of state weeks 16-18 and they said it was no problem as long as you get it done by 20 weeks. Oh..and that what week you go does not matter with regards to the outcome of the tests.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

April 22nd, 2009, 04:44 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Maybe she was just having a bad day or something. There shouldn't be any problem with you getting it done now. I'd just go today if you could.

April 22nd, 2009, 05:23 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know doesn't make sense to me either. Maybe the nurse was having a bad day

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 22nd, 2009, 05:53 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it's just walks in, then I think the nurse was just being a snob.

April 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the replies. The nurse who called me yesterday is quite rude, so I called the advice nurse and left her a message. Of course, she was a sweet as always and said it was just fine to come in today.
April 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Snowpeas
Sounds like she was having a bad day and took it out on you. They really shouldn't do that to pregnant woman!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search