Gtky 4/22

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Its Earth Day.
When you shop, do you shop organic?
Do you try and use just green cleaning supplies?
What are someways you try to "save the planet?"

I am not in anyway earthy or green or organic.
I always buy whatever is the cheapest.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 22nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can't say I'm that good yet, but I'm trying.

I don't shop organic...it's way too expensive for my budget.
I do try to use the green cleaning products now that there are so many out there.

I did just switch from bottled water to a water cooler, so I don't have the plastic bottles to recycle all the time, just the big one that we re-use over and over.
I also use re-usable grocery bags, alot of our stores now charge you for plastic bags so it's easier, and they are easier to carry and no bags cluttering our garbage.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 22nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't buy organic, I just don't buy into at all.
I do reuse shopping bags.
And we did switch ALL of our light bulbs a couple of years ago, to the florescent.
I do use the Clorox green cleaners, they work, they are cheap and they don't have fumes that kill me.

April 22nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't shop organic.
I do buy the green cleaning supplies and I switched most of our light bulbs out with those new bulbs that are all swirly like. I reuse plastic grocery bags. And, I've been teaching my boys that turning appliances off and running water whenever they're not in use also helps the environment. Also, we are working harder to unplug appliances and other stuff when they're not being used also, such as our cell phone chargers, the coffee pot, the tv's in the bedrooms...stuff like that. We've been working really hard to lower our household CO2 emissions, but I know there is more that we should be doing such as recycling, but I'm planning on starting that soon.

April 22nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I buy organic fresh fruits, veggies and dairy (I think the milk tastes so much better). I haven't switched over to meat cause quite frankly its expensive! We reuse bags, switched our lightbulbs to flourescent (sp?) and have a rain barrel for watering my flowers. I'd love to say that we unplug appliances and recycle and make our own cleaning supplies but none of that happens. Its always on my to-do list so maybe one day?? ugh i always feel guilty that I'm not doing enough.
April 22nd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
the only thing I buy Organic is Stonyfield yogurt, I am obsessed with it! We just can't afford it. I do always try to buy locally grown fresh produce, though.
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 22nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Snowpeas
When you shop, do you shop organic? not usually, due to the expense
Do you try and use just green cleaning supplies? I will use either or depending on the cost. I would prefer green cleaners if they're cheap enough
What are someways you try to "save the planet? turn the light switch off when we leave the room, are careful with how much water we use, use cloth diapers
April 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Peytonsmomma
Its Earth Day.
When you shop, do you shop organic? the only thing i have bought that was organic was lettuce and it was $3.00 a head of lettuce!! the "regular" kind was sold out
Do you try and use just green cleaning supplies? i just bought the Clorox green wipes or whatever they are called.
What are someways you try to "save the planet?" we take our garbage to the dump, we recycle, we haven't switched the lights out, i just buy whatever is cheapest, but good ideas for unplugging everything i will have to start doing that. I was thinking about buying organic baby food

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search