first time mommies

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Peytonsmomma
what have you learned so far about your pregnancy? it can be anything physically, emotionally etc.

I have learned that my butt does not look good anymore! lol! and i can cry at the drop of a hat!
April 22nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
i have learned that the maternity pants i thought i would love i actually hate! They are all tooo big in my legs and thighs.

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

April 22nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Peytonsmomma
oh gosh girl! that is the reason i am so scared to buy maternity pants! have you bought a bella band?
April 22nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
I too can cry just out of the blue and not even know why. I also find water is the best tasting beverage in the world and I can't get enough. I also discovered a body pillow makes sleeping on your side so much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampsMom View Post
i have learned that the maternity pants i thought i would love i actually hate! They are all tooo big in my legs and thighs.
You said it...I went to try some on and I looked like I was swimming and the size down I couldn't even get them over my hips. The Bella Band has been my best friend so far.

April 22nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Crying for no reason is completely weird for me. I'm not an overly emotional person normally and now I cry because someone looks at me funny.

To go along with the overly emotional thing I think that I'm falling in love with my SO. This was an unplanned pregnancy and at the time we were only casually dating. I don't fall in love easily so I'm worried that it's pregnancy hormones and not the real thing. I'm not going to drop the L Bomb until I can sort all this out in my head.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never realized how nerve wracking pregnancy was going to be! I worried constantly in the beginning that something was going to go wrong...I've eased up a little now, but I thought the difficult part was going to be getting pregnant...not growing the baby!

April 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
hoping4more
you guys are great!
April 22nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnancy doesn't really feel like what I thought it would. I guess I thought I would notice the baby more, but it doesn't even seem real there's a baby in there. I also didn't realize how emotional I'd be. I used to make fun of my mom when she got a little "misty eyed" when she was watching TV or saw a new baby or something. Now I'm the queen of that! I have a feeling that's not going away after baby comes.

For people who are having trouble with prego pants... have you tried maternity section at macys? I got a great pair of capris that dont look like prego pants at all (not the low crotch look with extra baggy, more fitted and my style). They were like $35, which I think is totally reasonable since I'm planning on having more children and would rather be comfortable and they are jean. Target, not flattering AT ALL on me.

April 23rd, 2009, 06:02 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never realized how much attention you recieve when you're pregnant!

It's crazy and I think my DH is now adjusting - people don't really ask about us or him anymore. It's all about the baby and me!! I think its good training for him b/c when the baby comes, it will be all about her for a long while.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 23rd, 2009, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I learned that my DH and mom are the best caretakers. That you cease to be "Megan" and friends start calling you "mom." All questions and conversations turn to baby. I learned that water is a miracle and I crave it all day long. I thought I used to be emotional but now I've taken it to a whole other level (example: aren't those flowers so... sniff!... beautiful!). And that those cute sandals from last summer may not fit my swollen feet.
April 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
I realized that everyone that know I am pregnant constantly looks at my belly..lol Also, that I am emotional and finally know what it feels like to have the pressure of a baby down there!
April 23rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've learned that pregnancy is in no way what I expected it to be! I don't mean that in a bad way or anything, it's just that I spent sooooooooo long preparing myself for this and once I was pregnant I was like "what the hell!?" lol. I agree with a PP, sometimes it's easy to forget there's a baby in there and then all the sudden you get a cramp and are like "oh yeah!"

I've learned that hormones are capable of much crazier shenanigans than I ever thought they could be! I swear they're responsible for everything! Having to pee all the time... Emotions... Acne (okay, that one I knew)... All these things completely reliant on my stupid hormones.

While I expected this from all the research I did before getting pregnant, it was still such a shock to see how many things we can't eat or drink! Most of the time I could care less, but I have days where I'm like "I want sushi NOW!" or "I want a glass of wine!" and it sucks to not be able to have that. I intended on not drinking ANY caffeine whatsoever, but that went out the window real quick - I was deprived enough already! I do keep it to one cup of coffee though, but it still makes me feel better - not even because of the caffeine (really, what does one cup do for you?), it's more about my emotional well-being. Yeah, I know...
April 23rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Regular
everyone makes pregnancy look so easy ya know, and you think man i cant wait to be pregnant...i agree that its nothing like i thought it was going to be, however i wouldnt change any of it b/c its all going to be worth it in the end. you get pregnant and think ****....i know i stayed tired for the longest time and sick for about 3 weeks straight it finally went away. but the first trimester is the worst of course i dont know about the third the first for me so far was hell.....and again i wouldnt change it for nothing.
April 23rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Regular
everyone makes pregnancy look so easy ya know, and you think man i cant wait to be pregnant...i agree that its nothing like i thought it was going to be, however i wouldnt change any of it b/c its all going to be worth it in the end. you get pregnant and think ****....i know i stayed tired for the longest time and sick for about 3 weeks straight it finally went away. but the first trimester is the worst of course i dont know about the third the first for me so far was hell.....and again i wouldnt change it for nothing.
April 23rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Peytonsmomma
i learned last night that when you are in stressful situations you need to really think about the baby and calm down!!
April 23rd, 2009, 10:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I have deffinalty learned that I hate gaining weight, I have always been fit and watching my belly expand as great as it is(esspecially now I can feel movment) is very hard for me. I never thought it would bother me. Oh and I agree I hate materity pants.

April 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Peytonsmomma
natty i am having that problem also
April 24th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Super Mommy
Gaining weight!!!! I thought or wished I was going to be one of those mums who only gained weights in the stomach only…I’m gaining everywhere so fast!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search