Who has done the needle and thread/ring and hair test?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have done it twice now and both times it has said girl, it was also right for my DS, (I would have done it with DD but I didnt know about it then) and everyone I know it has been right for too. I think we should make a list of those results like we did with the IntelliGender and sticky it just to see how many people it's right for, and then compare it to the IntelliGender results! Ok, so maybe I'm going a little overboard, but what do you think?
April 22nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the needle thing done to me and it said boy

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 22nd, 2009, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is that what you feel like you are having?
April 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM
BentleysMommy's Avatar Member
I had the needle and thread thing done to me about 10 years ago in high school by an old teacher. he did the entire class. Mine said 2 boys and a girl! Currently I have a boy...

funny thing is - I was with a boyfriend at the time and his was exactly the same...lol we thought we were going to be together forever...hmmm, if we only knew.

But I would like to see if this comes true because DH is convinced we are only having two - so I don't know where the third is coming from....and no I am NOT having twins this time - so that's not it lol
April 22nd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did the thread with the ring. Depending on where I held the thread, the results changed. When I held it by the knot, it was a boy. When I held it just below the knot, it was a girl. And, I read different result interpetations on two different sites. I've never done the needle and hair thing.

April 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
Snowpeas
I keep getting a boy result.
It was right with dd.
April 22nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I won't be doing the test.. I did it when I was pregnant with Adriana and it said boy.. It was clearly wrong..

April 23rd, 2009, 04:49 AM
Super Mommy
How do you do the test???? I wanna try!
April 23rd, 2009, 05:54 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A co-worker just did it to me yesterday. She took a thin piece of thread with a needle tied to the end. She held the string end with the needle pointing down right above the inside of my wrist. It started moving while her hand was still - circle is a girl, straight line is a boy. It will continue moving to tell you how many kids you are going to have and then stop.

It probably doesn't work - but it said I'm having a girl (which I am) and then I will have a boy.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I predicted boy and we'll find out for sure in a few weeks.
April 23rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You have to be atleast 12 weeks and you hold it over where you uterus is and if it swings in a circle it's a girl and if it goes back and forth it's a boy, it was right with my son, which is the only pregnancy I have done it with and it was right. It says girl with this pregnancy and that is what I feel like I am having, my IntelliGender also said girl and I was looking at those "nub" analyzer people's web page and even at 12 weeks you can totally tell what most baby's gender is by the angle that it's at. I was studying my u/s pics and the pics on the webpage and my baby totally looks like a girl.

I have never heard of using it to predict how many kids you will have.....
April 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I did it. It said boy. I did it twice. Both times it went back and forth. I hope its right.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search