sorry it took me so long. Here are the results

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt View Post
I am soooo excited for you. I have three boys and it is truly wonderful. They are best friends and they are wonderful to watch as they interact. I would recommend boys to everyone
I totally agree. I also have 3 boys ages 10, 7, and 3 and they are all the best of friends. My three year old is much smaller than the other two, but he doesn't care, he thinks he's just as big as his older brothers. They have so much fun together, and it's a blast watching them sometimes.

I will have you and your lil man in my thoughts and prayers.

April 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I called the doctor today, and while they didn't seem too concerned since it is so early- it must have sent up a red flag of some sort because they're bringing me in Monday for an ultrasound to take a look at his brain. I think just so that if there IS something, they can let the people know who are doing my anatomy scan next month to look for it.

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 23rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
sorry you didnt get your girl hun! Boys are so easy though, i will all work out how it is suppose to. On another note, your blog is freakin' hilarious, you definitely sound like my kind of friend! Too bad you are in Virginia and I'm in Washington!
April 23rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Aw he's adorable and wow what a photo. I wouldn't worry too much about the excess fluid. I hope it all turns out ok.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Well, I'm sorry you didn't get your girl BUT I have to say...I have 4 girls and 2 boys and my little boys are SUCH mama's babies!!! I know that probably doesn't make you feel better because most mommys really want at least one little girl of their own, but ALL of my girls (every stinkin single one of them) are daddy's girls. They love me to death, but they go to my husband for everything...even though he is primarily the disciplinarian LOL! I keep hoping that will get better as they get older, but my 12 year old is such a daddy's girl! Don't get me wrong, I have an amazing relationship with my girls, but they are definitely daddy's girls There is just something about a father's relationship with his daugther that I longed for in a child as well. I got that when I got my sons! My sons love their daddy...they build with him, they wrestle on the floor with him, but they LOVE their mommy!! When we say the blessing at night, we make the kids go around the table and say one thing they are thankful for that day and 90% of the time, my 4 year old says " I'm fankful for my mommy"....he started this when he was about two years old and NOONE told him to say that. LOL Anyway, thought that may make you feel a LITTLE bit better anyway They aren't as fun to dress up, but they sure do have a special relationship with their mommys I sure hope that never goes away

On another note, Emily had the fluid on her brain as well. They told us it could be indicative of Trisomy 18 or Downs...but she was FINE! We went back a few weeks later and the fluid was gone. We were scared to death as well...who wouldn't be? Call your doctor as she told you to get a diagnostic ultrasound but my bet is...it clears up Did you by chance have a nuchal done??

April 23rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Snowpeas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
Well, I'm sorry you didn't get your girl BUT I have to say...I have 4 girls and 2 boys and my little boys are SUCH mama's babies!!! I know that probably doesn't make you feel better because most mommys really want at least one little girl of their own, but ALL of my girls (every stinkin single one of them) are daddy's girls. They love me to death, but they go to my husband for everything...even though he is primarily the disciplinarian LOL! I keep hoping that will get better as they get older, but my 12 year old is such a daddy's girl! Don't get me wrong, I have an amazing relationship with my girls, but they are definitely daddy's girls There is just something about a father's relationship with his daugther that I longed for in a child as well. I got that when I got my sons! My sons love their daddy...they build with him, they wrestle on the floor with him, but they LOVE their mommy!! When we say the blessing at night, we make the kids go around the table and say one thing they are thankful for that day and 90% of the time, my 4 year old says " I'm fankful for my mommy"....he started this when he was about two years old and NOONE told him to say that. LOL Anyway, thought that may make you feel a LITTLE bit better anyway They aren't as fun to dress up, but they sure do have a special relationship with their mommys I sure hope that never goes away
I'm so glad to hear this. I love having a little girl but she's such a huge daddy's girl. I used to joke that if her daddy could have breastfed her she wouldn't have known I was alive.
I want another little girl because I think it would be great for Olivia but this definitely cheers me up if it's a boy. I would love to have a momma's boy.
April 23rd, 2009, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
oh hun! I am sorry If you need to vent or cry I will be glad to lend an ear and a shoulder

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 23rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
I didn't have the nuchal scan done and now i'm kind of kicking myself for it- BUT- when the tech noticed the fluid she did a quick check of everything else and said EVERYTHING else looks healthy. She couldn't make any specifics because of what she is and isn't allowed to do, but i'm assuming she meant the thickness of his neck and his eyes.

the doc is taking a peek monday so we'll see what happens then. I have my official anatomy scan next month.. seems like a very long time to wait now

I didn't have the nuchal scan done and now i'm kind of kicking myself for it- BUT- when the tech noticed the fluid she did a quick check of everything else and said EVERYTHING else looks healthy. She couldn't make any specifics because of what she is and isn't allowed to do, but i'm assuming she meant the thickness of his neck and his eyes.

the doc is taking a peek monday so we'll see what happens then. I have my official anatomy scan next month.. seems like a very long time to wait now

April 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that you didn't get the results that you wanted. I am sure Holden is going to be very excited about having a little brother. Please keep us posted on the fluids.

I didn't know you lived in VA! I live in Goochland... right outside of Richmond.

Last edited by *Crystal*; April 23rd, 2009 at 03:31 PM.
April 23rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well congrats on your boy. sorry it wasn't your girl though.

I am sure the fluid on the brain will go away

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 23rd, 2009, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Crystal* View Post
I am sorry that you didn't get the results that you wanted. I am sure Holden is going to be very excited about having a little brother. Please keep us posted on the fluids.

I didn't know you lived in VA! I live in Goochland... right outside of Richmond.
I'm in Newport News, south-eastern va

I swear, everyone that I ever find on here that lives in VA is always an hour+ away!

April 23rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
Congrats on the boy!

April 27th, 2009, 10:02 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im sorry you are disappointed sweetie. But I think its natural.... soon you will adjust and be excited.

Sorry abou tthe bad news as well I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search