fishysticks i have aquestion for you, and anyone else really...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
hoping4more
i originally didnt want a 3d cause i thought it gave a lot away. but now thinking this is another boy, i find it hard to be excited about it. not that i want be super happy after hes born... but right now i dont know. ive been preggers with two boys ive delived two boys, theres nothing different you know? anyway when i saw your pics i couldnt get over how cute they are! it was kind of like falling in love the first time you hold your baby and look at their sweet face. no matter boy or girl you always have that reaction at birth. anyway i was thinking that if i had a 3d before my 19 week u/s i would not only be prepared for the gender cause most likely ill already know, but ill have had pics to google over and that original excitement would probably still be there, cant wait to see that cute face in person ya know? well any toughts from you ... or anyone else who can give advice.

my hubby originally said no 3d especially before the 19th, cause he thinks its a matter of inpatience... which it was originally, now its more then that. i need to be prepared, and excited, otherwise this may be a long sad pregnancy.
April 23rd, 2009, 09:02 AM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, I don't have any advice on the 3d ultrasound.
But...
I've know how you're feeling, because I've been there before. When I was pregnant with my third child (my first two were boys), I was hoping and praying for a daughter. It was constantly on my mind, and when I found out that my third and probably last child was another boy, I almost cried. Not that I was unhappy to have another boy (I love my boys), but I just wanted a daughter so badly. Anyway, after the initial shock that it was a boy, I realized that I was blessed to be given another child at all and that I would love him as much as any other. Now that it's all said and done, I wouldn't change it for the world. He is my little man and I love him with all my heart. Now that we ended up pregnant this time (and it will be our last), I would really love to have a daughter, but if I'm having another boy, I think I am super ok with that now. After all, I am super experienced with boys and I know pretty much everything there is to know about them. A girl on the other hand may just throw me for a loop.

April 23rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
hoping4more
Quote:
Originally Posted by billie1978 View Post
Sorry, I don't have any advice on the 3d ultrasound.
But...
I've know how you're feeling, because I've been there before. When I was pregnant with my third child (my first two were boys), I was hoping and praying for a daughter. It was constantly on my mind, and when I found out that my third and probably last child was another boy, I almost cried. Not that I was unhappy to have another boy (I love my boys), but I just wanted a daughter so badly. Anyway, after the initial shock that it was a boy, I realized that I was blessed to be given another child at all and that I would love him as much as any other. Now that it's all said and done, I wouldn't change it for the world. He is my little man and I love him with all my heart. Now that we ended up pregnant this time (and it will be our last), I would really love to have a daughter, but if I'm having another boy, I think I am super ok with that now. After all, I am super experienced with boys and I know pretty much everything there is to know about them. A girl on the other hand may just throw me for a loop.
sometimes i feel that way about a girl also i have four boys in my house not including my husband. i wonder what we would do with a girl we always wanted a girl from baby number one, but im so happy to have my boys. they are beyound anything i ever expected. i think its difficult to because we were so sure it was a girl this time, judging by early u's, but when an exp. tech looked at them and said boy. it was like a total shock, i never thought she would say that. i know that im blessed to have this child, and i know regardless of gender it is the baby god choose for me. so i do have comfort in that. i was just looking at those 3d pics, and couldnt help falling in love with them, and thought maybe i should have them done... if i didn,\t i think i would still be ok with it, but having them i think would give me more attachment i guess... if that makes sense. i didnt really have attachment until i saw my babies. i dont know.. well see.
April 23rd, 2009, 09:31 AM
hoping4more
thanks, one of my fears is crying at my ob/s office. i know id cry cause im pregnant and super emotional. not cause its a boy but cause its def. not a girl last time i wasnt super excited close to tears and the tech kind of made me feel like i was wrong. and i dont wanna ball, even though i am happy to have another. i love babies and if my hubby would agree id have 7 or 8 i think anyway i would like to be prepared so i dont act like some ungrateful person... i lost my last baby dec. 1 believe me im very grateful everything is going goos so far.
April 23rd, 2009, 09:34 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always think it's good to get the 3d, especially if you're disappointed about the gender. it helps you SEE your baby, and like you said, fall in love with them and not just be concerned with whether they're packing heat or not, KWIM?

I got it done twice with Holden and I was disappointed about him being a boy, but actually SEEING him helped me get over it a LOT faster. I feel the same about this one. it's definitely a worthwhile experience.

Oh, and it really doesn't give TOO much away. While Holden looked like his 4d, seeing him in person was still a surprise.. hard to explain they're much different in person!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 23rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
hoping4more
thanks, my hubbys on his way home for lunch now. i think im gonna talk to him and show him your pics.
April 23rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I got pregnant with my youngest I said, NO 3D!! I thought for sure it'd ruin the surprise of her looks when she was born, kwim? I was finding out the sex, she had her name, I wanted SOMETHING to be a surprise.
However...when I went for my gender u/s the Dr switched it to 3D, didn't even ask and I was totally in aww! I could SEE her and it was amazing!!
Yet, when she was born.. it hadn't ruined it at all!! I can't wait for my 3D US this time.

April 23rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I say go for the 3d, I am with you, I am petrified of crying my eyes out if I find out its another boy. I want a girl so desperatly.I totally think, if it were another boy, the 3d will help fall in love a bit more, not that you dont already love the child. The worst part for me is two people very close to me found out they are both having girls, due two weeks and one week before me..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 23rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
double post.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Last edited by MommaDucks; April 23rd, 2009 at 11:29 AM.
April 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Snowpeas
3d sounds amazing. I would totally do it if we had the money.
April 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think you should def go for it and honestly i dont think you will ruin anything at this stage there features are still being developing and they barley have any fat on them. We did one with my ds at 20wks and i can tell he had my lower lip and my dh upper lip but you still coulnd t relaly tell who he looked like and he was scrawny too. he did look diffrent when i saw him at birth as a matter a fact he looked alot different and i was a lil dissapointed bc i had that 20wk old image in my head they entire time but i think it will prepare you before you go the the docs office and they dont look at you all crazy for crying because you didnt get the sex you wanted kwim.

April 23rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Veteran
That's the exact reason we don't want to find out....but MY question is: can you NOT find out gender if you're having the 3D done? Our office already does them, and I'm not sure if they'll be able to avoid it, with all the detail?? Thanks!
April 23rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
hoping4more
i just booked my appt earlier, and on the package it said gender determination is desired. so they dont have to tell you, however it may be more visible i would think. unless they just kept it at top shots. i would call around and ask some 3d places in your area. i would assume by the way they wrote it that they could avoid it.
April 23rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can definitely tell them NOT to look between the legs- although, with some boys (like mine) the pecker won't hide!

I think if the tech is experienced enough, there are ways to avoid looking in that area. I know the place I went to said you could get the gender determined 'if desired', so i'm assuming that means if you don't want to know it, they won't tell you!

One girl in my PR just gave birth to a surprise baby she got a 4d with

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search