M/S back...or food borne illness?? or virus?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2009, 05:18 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
So, I last night I had a salad from subway. I had a huge test in anatomy, and afterwards had to wait for everyone else to finish. I went to subway and had a salad. I made sure he warmed over the chicken, so I felt it was probably ok. I also had a salad with BBQ'd pork on it for lunch, and for breakfast I had cereal. Last night after my test, I started feeling kind of woozy...I thought it was probably because it was warm in the class. By the time I got home, I felt a little bit worse with a headache....still nothing to really "concern" me. This morning though I woke up feeling REALLY nauseated! It feels like M/S and I feel better after I throw up...no other symptoms. Do you think perhaps I'm just getting a wave of m/s. It WAS pretty bad this time....but I've been feeling better for a while now. What I'm really concerned about is some sort of food borne illness from one of the salads I had yesterday. Has anyone ever had that...what's it like?

April 24th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Super Mommy
Food poisoning you would feel like you want to die but I wouldn't eat subway salads anymore anyways... I got a turkey and cheese when I was pregnant with Chase and there was actually peices of plastic mixed in with the lettuce... needless to say I don't recommend anyone to subway LOL.

Something you ate probably just didnt mix right with you
April 24th, 2009, 05:37 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Thank you! Ok, I feel better now I can handle a little bit of nausea...I would just feel AWFUL if it were something that could affect the baby I try not to eat subway at all...but it's the only place close to the school lOL. I normally eat before I go, but I wasn't really hungry before the test (too anxious) lol

April 24th, 2009, 05:45 AM
CriscoNinja
Yeah, I agree, it's probably fine... I had food poising once after eating raw cookie dough and I felt like dying... OMG. I didn't eat cookie dough for like 3 years. I had a horrid headache, I puked/dry heaved CONSTANTLY and had a fever for about 48 hrs.

Good times.

I've noticed when I'm preggo, my body doesn't like a lot of raw veggies (like lettuce) and I tend to get nauseous when I eat too much of them. I have to eat cooked veggies...

Hope you feel better!
April 24th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Snowpeas
With my dd I have m/s go away for a few weeks only to come roaring back for a good month but that's the exception and not the rule.

I hope you're feeling better!
April 24th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you're feeling better. You'll have to keep us posted.

April 24th, 2009, 07:37 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
About 4 weeks ago I had a subway sandwich and felt horrible the whole next day! I swear it was the lettuce...the lettuce just didn't taste right, but I ate it anyway (stupid me) because I was starving and figured my taster was just off due to being pregnant. And like you I ate there out of convenience..lol The other sub/sandwhich shop was closed and I REALLY wanted a sub!

Never again

I hope you feel better!!
April 24th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Peytonsmomma
the food just didn't settle right i had the same thing happen last weekend with a taco salad in fact we both had one and we both got sick from it but i got it worse puking for a few hours, we think the cheese was old. Lettuce can contain salmonella ( sp?) my friend got that once from eating a salad. So just be careful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search