Maternity swimsuits?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2009, 08:03 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need a suit desperately! I have been to Target and really didn't like any of the maternity suits they have there. Has anyone seen any cute ones any place else? And for not tons of money? I am so cheap..lol. I just hate the idea of spending a lot on a suit that will be worn for one summer and that's it.
April 24th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Peytonsmomma
what about the tankini's? have you looked online for maternity swimsuits at the different companies that sell them?
April 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I have been looking for maternity swimsuits for weeks now. They are so expensive. Motherhood has one but its $40.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 24th, 2009, 08:17 AM
They are expensive! I was just on Motherhood Maternity online and I guess plan on going to the store by me today. I want the tankini style....ugh. I hate suit shopping weather I'm pregnant or not. I never find what I want and when I do it's crazy expensive. When I'm home in our pool I will probably just wear my bikini, but I need one for when we're at the gym pool.
April 24th, 2009, 08:17 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I recently went to a children's resale that also had maternity clothes. I found a bathing suit there that was brand new with tags and they were only asking $5 for it so I got it. I figured I didn't care if someone else had tried it on or whatever since I was going to wash it first anyway!

Old Navy sells maternity bathing suits but they might only be online. I'd check there and see if you can find anything.

I recently went to a children's resale that also had maternity clothes. I found a bathing suit there that was brand new with tags and they were only asking $5 for it so I got it. I figured I didn't care if someone else had tried it on or whatever since I was going to wash it first anyway!

Old Navy sells maternity bathing suits but they might only be online. I'd check there and see if you can find anything.

April 24th, 2009, 08:19 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got mine at Mother Maternity when I was pregnant with Breana for only $30

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 24th, 2009, 09:28 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't really found one I like. The tankinis at Old Navy are okay, but pretty pricey - esp for Old Navy! I'm hoping they go on sale soon... Of course, the bathing suit I like the most is from A Pea in the Pod and costs $140! No thank you! lol.
April 24th, 2009, 09:34 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got mine at motherhood maternity when I was preggo with my dd. It was onsale when I got it.

April 24th, 2009, 11:38 AM
CriscoNinja
I'm looking for one too! And I'm not a small person, I need a size 16 before the pregnancy, and I had a set of DD's. NOW, I'm overflowing my DD's and all the maternity swimsuits I've seen have these piddly little straps to hold up your sisters OR they have the one big strap that ties behind your neck. HELLO! That doesn't work to hold my sisters up!!

I just may skip swimming.
April 24th, 2009, 11:45 AM
CriscoNinja
OMG. who would wear this????
http://www.jenifersdesignercloset.co...sh_658676.html
April 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow - thats one ugly swimsuit!!!

Ladies! Check out Kohls - not the maternity section, but the regular swimsuit section. The new tankini style is for the tops to be really long, like 50's style, so you only see a little bit of the bottom.

I bought 2 non-maternity tops for $20 each and 1 pair of bottoms that go with both tops. I don't think they will fit my 8th month - but they are definately long enough and roomy enough to fit until then. Not to mention they are super cute.

Here are the tops - I promise you, it fits longer.

ELLE Mosaic Bandeaukini Top

Malibu Dream Girl Swim Separates

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 24th, 2009, 04:29 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think the best are at motherhood maternity. i got one i love it!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 24th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Snowpeas
I haven't been able to find any maternity swimsuits yet.
April 24th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriscoNinja View Post
that is beyond ugly!!!! Im not sure what to say about it...

I haven't found one yet, either.

April 25th, 2009, 08:03 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hahaha i guess that mesh is so you can have your big belly in it.... thats so ridiculous

April 25th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I haven't worn a bathing suit in over 8 years.....

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 25th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Glad I'm not the only one having trouble! I am going to check out Old Navy's I suppose. Also will look in Kohl's at their tankinis. I think today it will have to be my normal bikini with a tank top over it. I don't want the old boobs putting in an appearance! Even though it's a halter style top I don't need any wardrobe malfunctions..lol!

Oh and that suit with the mesh thing for the belly...BLECH! Couldn't believe that one...and I'm not sure who would wear it???
April 25th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Super Mommy
I bought two maternity swimsuits when i was pg with my first and discovered that I hated them. They are like a tankini but when you get really big it really only covers the top of your belly anyway...leaving exposed the bottom and usually the uglier part of the belly (the part with c-section scars and stretch marks and the ugly brown line). So, this time I am saying NO to them and am going to just wear a regular bikini and let it all hang out!

April 25th, 2009, 11:47 AM
hoping4more
haha i bought two new bikinis in jan. and found out i was preggers in feb
April 25th, 2009, 02:39 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even begun to think about swimming suits yet...summer doesn't come to Maine for a long time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search