Did something very stupid

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2009, 10:21 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, quite a few things. My diet was beyond awful yesterday. I had 2 nitrate and nitrite free hot dogs in the morning (reheated in the microwave, a McDonald's chicken club with fries, nachos, and....worst of all, a bite of the same kind of hot dog that had been cooked earlier in the week, but I did not reheat."

I feel sick just looking at all of that food. How could I eat like that? How could I do that to my baby? I'm also worried that the bite of the non-reheated hot dog did harm. I have a terrible headache today.

I'm done with the junk food!
April 24th, 2009, 10:28 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Relax! You are allowed to have a few off days And trust me, one bite to an unreheated hot dog didn't do any harm.
April 24th, 2009, 10:28 AM
hoping4more
ive never heard of nitrate hotdogs or nitrate free, however i think your fine. everyone goes through i binge here and there. try not to beat yourself up over it. as for hotdogs i kow many women who eat tons of hotdogs during pregnancy, and was never concerned what was in them... i try and eat as healthy as i can, mostly for the health of myself and my family. however i still have days where all i want is a big mac as long as thats not your regular diet then your fine. especially if you make sure you exercise properly. try not to beat yourself up your not a horrible person.
April 24th, 2009, 11:00 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for making me feel better ladies. That is definitely not my regular diet. I just needed some comfort food yesterday. I'll load up on fruits and veggies today.
April 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM
BentleysMommy's Avatar Member
With all the things we have to worry about don't put this kind of pressure on yourself! You had one day of comfort food - it's ok...i think it's perfectly normal for us to eat all weird now and then - don't stress it! I'm sure your baby is fine
April 24th, 2009, 11:05 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no worries we all have off days. I had a bunch of candy and chips the other day and felt really guilty but sometimes you just give in. I think I gave baby quite the sugar rush!
April 24th, 2009, 01:12 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Don't worry about it! I've eaten so much candy today that this baby might be born looking like candy corn! Everyone has off days.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 24th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was being really harsh on myself a few weeks ago as well... then I went on vacation and talked to a pediatrician who specializes in infants and premies. She told me a lot of encouraging things that I'll pass along:

1. Most doctors warn about lunch meat, cheeses, etc. because a tiny percentage of women have contracted bacteria that was harmful to the baby and they feel its their responsibility to inform and educate. But you probably have a better chance of falling, getting into a car accident, etc. and hurting your baby in the routine of normal life than through consuming these types of food.

2. The normal American diet, even if not the best, provides more than enough nutrients for your baby - even without a prenatal.

3. She has worked with women who continued to smoke, drink and use drugs while pregnant and have had healthy babies. Her point here was NOT to have a 'free for all', but our body does a better job than we think protecting our baby.

4. Caffeine in moderation is 100% ok, especially after the first trimester - they even give it to premies to help stimulate them.

5. One beer or glass of wine once in a while will not harm your baby in any way. There have even been studies done that women who drink 1 glass of red wine every so often during their later trimesters have a lesser chance of having a child with learning/ADHD disorders.

My response to her was, "But if anything was wrong with the baby, I would feel so guilty and wrong for doing any of the above things"... she said that if anything was wrong, I would feel guilty even if I have done everything perfect.

Now, don't get me wrong - I don't necessarily approve with throwing all of the doctor's advice 'out the window' and I may not personally agree with all of the above, but it did help me relax and not stress about every little thing I put into my body.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I wouldn't even worry about it. Lots of women eat way worse than that on a daily basis and their babies are just fine. Don't be so hard on yourself!

April 24th, 2009, 05:28 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh phooey i eat hot dogs all the time, the baby will be just fine!!!!!!! :HUG:

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 24th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't worry...so many of us have days like those. I actually have had quite a few of them. baby will be fine... and, the stuff you ate sounded pretty good to me. Yum LOL

April 24th, 2009, 08:50 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't stress! I never heard anything bad about hotdogs with Holden and I ate them all the time and he is the absolute picture of health (same with junkfood, deli meat and I prob drank a soda a day too).

I really feel like a lot of these things they tell you to stay away from are way too strict!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't beat yourself up! It's okay to splurge once in a while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search