Who else CAN'T WAIT for the u/s?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey guys... I'm dying over here reading about those of you who have had your big u/s. Ours is May 4, which is only this weekend and one week away! But, it still seems so far away. I can't wait to be able to stop calling this baby "the baby" and hopefully know its gender and share its name. We have so many pg people in our friends and family that we're waiting to share the name b/c we've already had it stolen by the one person we told (yes, stolen, b/c it's VERY uncommon, like Hugo, and wasn't a fluke that they picked it!). So I can't wait to "claim" our name in our circle.

Our relatives who are pg and due in September have already found out they are both having girls, so part of me wants a boy for that reason (more "special", haha), and also, I think Hugo would request a brother if he could. However, we'll be happy either way.

Anyone else can't wait? How are you passing the time?

April 24th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Snowpeas
I can't wait either!! I have a little less than four weeks (I think, not scheduled yet).

I am so excited for everyone who is finding out but it's making it so hard to wait!!
I am so impatient. I "know" that this baby is a boy but I want confirmation. I feel like it will be so much more real and I can start making some real preparations once we finally know.
April 24th, 2009, 08:08 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
i can't wait!! i have a long time to go though.. 6 more weeks

April 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tell me about it. My coworkers have already started asking about a shower (wow!) and if it's a boy, we honestly don't need much. We already got a second carseat so we just need another booster for at the table and maybe a few clothes because they'll be opposite seasons. We cloth diaper so we are good on diapers; DH and I decided if it's a boy and people want to get gifts, we would like gift cards for restaurants!! A girl would be another story... we would suggest hairbows and clothes, since we have none of those. LOL.

I can't wait to know so that I can buy things ahead of time if I see great deals... I'm also waiting to order address labels until I can get a set of boy or girl ones too.

April 24th, 2009, 08:31 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Oh I definitely can't wait and I still have probably about 6 weeks or more to go! So I'm jealous that your time isn't too far away.

I hope no one steals your name!

April 24th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I can't wait too.. I don't have the big U/S date yet.. I'll find out at my next OB appointment on May 8th.. I have a feeling the U/S will be in June.. I have a long time to wait..

April 25th, 2009, 03:08 AM
BentleysMommy's Avatar Member
I too can hardly wait - I have three weeks left...however I am still torn on whether to find out the gender or not.

I feel like it's a girl. But we never found out with Bentley and was such a firm believer that we will never find out but this one seems so different and I really really really want a girl that I feel like I should find out to save my self disappointment. Although I know I could never be disappointed regardless of the sex - I really want dresses in my house lol
April 25th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Super Mommy
I can't wait. We are moving in the next few weeks and are painting the new place and I soooo want to paint the baby's room but can't since I don't know what we are having!!!!! Grrr! And I don't even know when my US will be. My next OB appt is May 7 and I will be 16 weeks so I am hoping he will schedule it then.

April 25th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I know how you feel. Its killing me. I have to wait till June 3rd. I will be almost 20 weeks. Its torture.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 25th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Mine is Friday and I am going nuts..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 25th, 2009, 07:04 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm dying here! Ours is set for June 1st! I will be 22 weeks 1 day at that point. We are so tempted to do the Intelligender, but I don't know if I want to. My hubby thinks it would be fun, but I don't know....
April 25th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Mine will probably be the first week of June. I don't feel to impatient about it yet.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
April 25th, 2009, 07:19 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
We aren't finding out, so I'm not like "I can't wait" like I was with Noah LOL. I'm still looking forward to seeing him/her on ultrasound again, but we are waiting for the surprise at birth

April 25th, 2009, 07:31 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Mine isn't till June 10th! That's forever away! I'm not even that impatient to find out the sex, although that's exciting, I just want to see the little nugget and know that everything is ok.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 25th, 2009, 08:37 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so impatient! Ours is May 19th. I got the warning that if baby isnt co-operating we wont be able to to tell. I am seriously not going to get off that table until baby co-operates!!
April 25th, 2009, 01:44 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
me me me!! I thought I was gonna be one of the first to find out, so it's kinda surprising that everyone else is finding out already. My docs appointments are just far enough off that last time it was too early. I don't have to wait much longer though... thursday is the big day woohoo!!

April 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol! I can wait! I'm actually not really sure when we will find out the gender - our amnio is booked for May 22, and the ultrasound is booked for June 2. So who knows? We could end up seeing it at the amnio if babies aren't shy, they might have some of the results before the ultrasound, or we might have to wait for the ultrasound. But it really makes no difference to me - it will be cool to find out though!

April 25th, 2009, 05:40 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
I can't wait but it will be in June sometime with the high risk doctor.

April 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
I'm so excited and can't wait. Our big U/S is on May 4th too. It's also the day I met my husband. We think it's kind of awesome to find out the gender of the baby that day. It's not as cool as if we actually got to meet the baby but it will at least be a big step, since the baby will have a name and not be "the baby" any more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search