Update on appointment with Bella...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2009, 04:53 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
It was a stressful appointment thats for sure.

We ended up leaving here at 6am and got there in time for the appointment. It very much so is a childrens hopsital! Huge playland outside, and when you walk in there is a TON of wagons for patient transporting. LOL So many fun cute kids things all over the place.

Anyways.... we get to the cardio office and we were whisked right back. And then the fun started..... NOT

I was back in the room with bella for about 2 hours and I would say at least an hour and half of that she was hysterical. I was so glad that DH came with cuz at one point, for the EKG I had to have him come back cuz I lost it there were 4 people holding her down just to do that test alone and by the end of it a 5th had come in. It broke my heart that I couldn't comfort my baby. Of course when that was done and she was back in my arms she was fine.

But thats pretty much how it went. whenever they did something to her or actually just came in the room she would start.

They wanted to do an echo, but there was no way she would have never been still and wouldn't have been calm without givin her something.

So what the doc said... the bluing... (they way he explained I understand.... but I dunno if I can explain it) Its something that can happen with kids around this age. It is a nero thing... the brain tells the vessels in the arms and legs to close and that will cause the blue look, and it could be just triggered by her blood count being off. It will stop, and he said we can do a multivitamin with her.

But the premature heartbeat (pvc) they don't know much about it. So they wanted her to do a 24 hour heart monitor. They put that on her yesterday and I can take it off today and send it back. They want to see how often the premature beat happens and if there are any that are 2 in a row. They doctor said he will be in touch with me in a bout a week or so. So until them we just don't know much more.

I guess im just a baby being worn out from that appointment... but to see your baby screaming and so upset..... it just killed me.

April 25th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Super Mommy
Glad you guys got through it though! I hate taking my son the regular doctor let alone having to making him sit through a 2 hour appt!!

Are they even sure she has the premature beat or was that your doctors dumb attempt to try to put together whats going on with the bluing? I hope after everything she'll be perfectly fine and be able to be done with the testing! Good luck with you and your family!
April 25th, 2009, 05:16 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry her appt was so rough. Let's hope this is the end of it and her heart is fine and she doesn't have to go back.

April 25th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I'm sorry things didn't start out good. Hopefully she will get better. Did they say if she will grow out of it?

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Sorry it was so stressful! Keep us posted on the PVC please!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 25th, 2009, 07:59 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're absolutely not being a baby...you had an emotionally draining day to say the least! I'm sorry it was so stressful and your poor baby was so upset. That is so hard for any mother to handle, you just want to be able to take their place. I hope they get this all figured out and get you some more answers soon about the PVC. She will definitely be in my prayers!
April 25th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OH, I feel awful that you had to go through that... When Joey had to have chest xrays as a baby, I went through something similar. They were holding him down, putting sand bags on him (or something that looked like sandbags) and he was SCREamiNG!!! Like you, I felt soooo helpless as a mom. I don't blame you for breaking down. I did...

I hope they get you some answers and figure everything out. KUP. You're in my JM prayers!

April 25th, 2009, 08:30 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
awww, well I'm glad the appointment went well! lol. Poor baby! It IS exhausting, so take a couple of days off and do what you want to

April 25th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry it was so stressful. Keep us updated.

April 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Snowpeas
Oh my! I couldn't imagine having to be in that situation as a mother. I have a hard enough time when she's getting her shots.

I am glad that it doesn't seem to be anything serious. Keep us posted on what the doctor says next week.

((hugs)) to you mama
April 25th, 2009, 12:28 PM
hoping4more
im glad the bluing is going to be fine. im sorry you dont have any news yet on her heartbeat. one week can feel like an eternity. and as far as beinga baby i certainlky dont think so. i remember they were going to vacinate jesse with i think four separte shots this one visit. normally my kids do great for shots, but they brought in 2 nurses held him on each side and they bother at the same time gave him his shots in both legs! jesse was freaking out, i was beside myself! i still dont think what they did was right. but it killed me to watch that happen. and what your little wone went though was much more stressful then a couple of shots.
April 25th, 2009, 12:32 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry it was so stressful. Please keep us updated.
April 25th, 2009, 01:26 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
It is absolutely awful when you have to watch them poke and prod at your child while someone holds them and you can't do anything about it.

I think it's a good sign that nothing immediately jumped out as a major problem and that they didn't want to keep her there or anything. Hopefully this is just a childhood thing that she will outgrow and it won't cause any serious problems.

April 26th, 2009, 08:16 AM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you and Miss Bella had to endure such a stressfull day. (((Hugs))) I hope the issue she's having turns out to be nothing.

April 26th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it was so stressful- but it sounds like at the end you got good news and Bella was fine. Hopefully you get more good news later this week- KUP and keep your spirits up!
April 26th, 2009, 05:00 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
OMG, you're braver than I. I can't even get through my 1 yr olds immunization appts. I make DH take him because I cry worse than he does. I can't handle seeing my babies in pain either. I guess it's a mommy thing. I'm glad you were able to get through it though it sounds like you need some R&R! I hope the PVC tests come back and things are okay. KUP!

April 27th, 2009, 02:02 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyEliChase View Post
Glad you guys got through it though! I hate taking my son the regular doctor let alone having to making him sit through a 2 hour appt!!

Are they even sure she has the premature beat or was that your doctors dumb attempt to try to put together whats going on with the bluing? I hope after everything she'll be perfectly fine and be able to be done with the testing! Good luck with you and your family!
Yes its there... its been seen on the EKG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonkcc View Post
I'm sorry things didn't start out good. Hopefully she will get better. Did they say if she will grow out of it?
They haven't said yet. We should find out mroe this week I hope.

Thank you all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search