i sorry for getting you guys upset or etc

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2009, 06:39 AM
michelleof4's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to michelleof4
. I am also a PART of this birth month. I havent posted in a while because I am having some problems with my pregnancy.
when I saw this post I was taken back. knowing what I am going through.. and how I could loose my baby.. it hurt to hear that someone was upset that they were having a boy instead of a girl.. in my eyes ... WHO CARES.. I would take any sex if my baby turns out to be ok..

I didnt mean to bash any other pregnant mother or to be mean. I have all these hormones going through me right now.. With whats going on I dont know where my pregnancy is going..I have to go have US every 3 weeks to make sure the placenta stays attatched.. I havent been posting in about 1 1-2 months.

again im sorry.. I didnt mean to bring up a ny harsh feelings

April 25th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I can understand how the ladies feel if they don't get the desired gender.. But that's natural.. I'm sure these ladies will love their babies no matter what gender or problems they may have..

I too am high risk and I worry every single day about my baby.. Granted, I've never had a loss.. Which is a blessing from God because I don't know if I could handle it.. But deep inside I'm hoping for a girl, but if my baby is a boy.. I'll still be happy..

And don't be sorry.. Your expressing your feelings and I'm sure everyone understands.. That's why I like this forum.. We are free to express our opinions.. I too post topics about my pregnancy and granted 99% of these ladies have NO idea on what I'm talking about.. But it's good to vent..

April 25th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Everyone here is entilted to their opinion including you. But you have to allow them to express theirs freely as well. Trust me you are not alone in your worries. I have to worry about having Placenta Previa plus PIH. Not to mention that I have had many losses and its the worst feeling in the world. Like I had said in your other post I really want a boy this time around but I wouldn't love a girl any differently. The point of this place is to feel like you can say whats bothering you without being judged. Take care. I hope things start getting better for you.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

April 25th, 2009, 08:10 AM
michelleof4's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to michelleof4
thank you girls for understanding..I received a email in my email telling me to "step off".. to email me about this is not right.. its fine to receive a pm about it.. so if anyone wants to express feelings please do it here please do not email me..thanks

April 25th, 2009, 08:28 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
awww, well I think for those of us who have lost a baby or who are at risk...It just rings too close to home and we have stronger feeling about it than those who havent. Especially when it's happening to you now or has recently. I lost a baby at 18 weeks and it killed me when I heard that from people too, BUT mostly because of the way I personally felt about the baby we lost. She was our 5th girl and although I loved her to absolute pieces, we hadn't found out it was a girl yet and and I knew I would have been dissoppointed at that u/s appointment...my husband would have been too because we desperately wanted a boy. When we lost her, our world was turned upside down and it really bothered me when others said they were sad they didn't get what they wanted....but I only felt that way because I knew they could be taken away in an instant and that person would have to deal with their feelings as I personally had to. That was not an easy thing for me to get over later on. From being on the other side though, it IS hard when you are done having children and you know you'll never get "your boy" or "your girl"...it's normal for everyone to want a specific gender, but getting the opposite in NO way changes how they feel about it once that little bundle is laying in their arms I know that from personal experience as well It's a good thing we can find out early because we have time to get over it before the baby comes! LOL

Anyway, I just wanted to send a hug. I hope that everything goes ok with your little pumpkin!

April 25th, 2009, 08:30 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sure the ladies have forgiven you.

I hope everything with you goes ok.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 25th, 2009, 09:12 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Sending positive thoughts to you and your baby.
April 25th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Snowpeas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlica View Post
I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Sending positive thoughts to you and your baby.
Keep us posted on how you & the baby are doing!
April 25th, 2009, 10:24 AM
*Hayley*
i am sure your apology will be accepted! hope everything is ok with your baby.
April 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I doubt anyone here is going to hold a grudge. Afterall, we have little miracles growing inside of us. How can anyone stay upset when such a wonderful thing is happening?
April 25th, 2009, 12:38 PM
hoping4more
dont worry about it. i know i posted a topic called so sad, and i thought i was very clear i wasnt sad at all about a boy but that i may never have a daughter. it was also sad for me because we had already been told that they tought it was a girl. then some exp. tech. who we thought was going to give us confirmation, when she said boy. it was like having my daughter taken from me. i posted right after that, so my preggo emotions threw me for a loop. esp. because this preg. is difficult for me in the sense that it may be my last. boy or girl, i would like to have more really badly, but hubby i think it done. it makes me very sad to think that this is the last time i will be pregnant, this is the last time im going to have that newborn. im so grateful for my baby either gender, i had a miscarriage last dec. and it was so difficult, and continues to be difficult. it still haunts me with this one. im scared of every appt. i go in for and excited at the same time. its only natural for a women to feel hurt if she thinks some other women isnt happy to have her child be a certain gender. though i dont think anyone here is actually unhappy to have a certain gender, just sad that they wont have the experience of raising one of the genders.... its hard to explain. what makes me angry is to hear a couple say they may get an abortion because it wasnt the gender htey wanted! i actually read a post that said that on another site of course. i cant comprehend that, not even a little. im glad you didnt decide to leave even with the misunderstanding. and ill say a prayer for you and your pregnancy.
April 25th, 2009, 06:54 PM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope that everything is ok with your little one. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

April 25th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope that everything turns out well for you and your baby!

I was going to post this in the other thread - for those who are really hoping for one gender, if they are told the baby is the opposite gender, in some ways it is a LOSS for them, especially if this is the last pregnancy. So they need to grieve the child that they had hoped for and dreamt about. Not unlike someone who finds out their child has something like Down Syndrome - those parents will still love the child, but they need to grieve the "normal" child they hoped they would have.

April 26th, 2009, 09:41 AM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
awww, well I think for those of us who have lost a baby or who are at risk...It just rings too close to home and we have stronger feeling about it than those who havent. Especially when it's happening to you now or has recently. I lost a baby at 18 weeks and it killed me when I heard that from people too, BUT mostly because of the way I personally felt about the baby we lost. She was our 5th girl and although I loved her to absolute pieces, we hadn't found out it was a girl yet and and I knew I would have been dissoppointed at that u/s appointment...my husband would have been too because we desperately wanted a boy. When we lost her, our world was turned upside down and it really bothered me when others said they were sad they didn't get what they wanted....but I only felt that way because I knew they could be taken away in an instant and that person would have to deal with their feelings as I personally had to. That was not an easy thing for me to get over later on. From being on the other side though, it IS hard when you are done having children and you know you'll never get "your boy" or "your girl"...it's normal for everyone to want a specific gender, but getting the opposite in NO way changes how they feel about it once that little bundle is laying in their arms I know that from personal experience as well It's a good thing we can find out early because we have time to get over it before the baby comes! LOL

Anyway, I just wanted to send a hug. I hope that everything goes ok with your little pumpkin!

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I was pregnant with my last ds I so desperately wanted a girl, (I thought we were finished having children after him) and when I found out at my 21 week u/s that my "she" was a he, I'm ashamed to say it, but I cried for a few days. At 28 weeks, I had a 3D u/s, and I fell completely in love with him....Fast-forward to delivery day.....I nearly lost him giving birth..... Believe me, I can't even begin to explain to you the guilt I felt (and still feel) about how I reacted to finding out, at the original u/s, that I was having a boy. It took me a long while to deal with that....
This time, boy or girl, I will be delighted because I, too, know how fast they can be taken away.=)

(((Hugs))) to you Michelle. I hope everything turns out okay for your little one.

April 26th, 2009, 12:52 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son was stillborn at 21 weeks. I know what you're saying.......

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
April 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
It's okay ~ we're all preggo here and all understand how hormones can affect us not to mention that it sounds like you have a lot of worry and stress going on. I'm sorry that you have to go through so much while preggo. I hope your lil bean makes it. I think the ladies here are pretty forgiving. I had a preggo blow out moment a few months ago and they didn't seem to hold it against me. It happens.

April 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
CriscoNinja
I hope everything is going well with you and your bub! I'm glad you didn't leave!
April 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I understand the feeling of being sad or upset of the baby not being the gender I had hoped for, but I too understand the feeling of being scared or worried something will go wrong as well as going through losses.

But we have to try to remember that even though we have strong feelings about something, we have to still agree to disagree and still respect one another.

((((HUGS)))) to all

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search