For those of you who have 2 or more children...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
If you're planning on having another baby shower, what's going on your registry this time? Or even what things do you think you'll be purchasing this time. This is my second baby so many of the things I got last time I can still use. Of course if I'm having a boy then I'll need boy clothing and such but as for the stroller and car seat and many of the other big items I can use them again this time. I am in need of a new diaper bag, ours is falling apart... plus I'd like something a little bigger. A friend is actually giving us a crib so no worries there. I've got tons of baby toys, although I'm sure I'll get new ones. I want to make sure I get things that I'll really need and I'm drawing a bit of a blank. I am switching over to Cloth diapers and cloth wipes this time around, so that's a new experience for me. I think I'm gonna go for the Bum Genius all in one diapers and/or bum Genius 3.0 one size. Also I really want to get a baby sling/wrap this time. Any other suggestions?

April 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
megan72782's Avatar Veteran
I am not having a baby shower, but family still want to buy things, so I made a registry.

I needed a new infant car seat, because the one I had used for my previous 2 expired. I got rid of most of the baby stuff I had, because I honestly thought we were done.

Here is my registry. The things like the reveiving blankets were put on there as an idea of color/style. I know what I needed and didn't need before, so there's not too many things...

Target - my baby registry

April 26th, 2009, 01:03 PM
hoping4more
if its a girl i need everything material wise. if not then im pretty much set except for
another convertable car seat.
a new potable playpen (gabriel got a hold of scissors and cut holes all in mine it was a nice
one too)
a bottle of tylenol.
if i had a shower i may ask for cloth diapers.... i think i would be all about it if i didnt have to buy everything to find out if it was for me or not. id hate to spend that kind of money and decide disposables are better for me.that would be sad... and my hubby may be mad
April 26th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Snowpeas
I doubt I'm having a baby shower this time since I just had one not too long ago. lol

If it's a boy we will need clothing, etc. Otherwise diaper showers are very popular if you already have what you need.
April 26th, 2009, 04:21 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
I'm not having a baby shower this time around but I'll definitely be buying new things. If it is a girl I will need most everything. If it's a boy I won't need as much.

Gotta haves:
new baby car seat
new portable pack-n-play (ours is old and antiquated now!)
breast pump
bottles
and more I'm sure!

April 27th, 2009, 05:34 AM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Renee, maybe you could do a cloth diaper registry (I did with Hugo and coworkers shopped from it) or order a sample pack with a few kinds of diapers to try for a minimal investment... if you don't like them, you can sell them and get most of your money back!

My coworkers already asked where I'm going to register so I guess we will. Don't need much, though. We're babywearers and already got a convertible carseat for #2 and have a sling for going place to place that Hugo's outgrown. Also got an Ergo with infant insert. And we have cloth diapers so we're good on diapers.

I think the only things I'll register for would be a booster seat just like Hugo's for the eating at table stage (so they won't argue over colors, lol). Also maybe some baby meds, detergent, probe covers for thermometer, and wipes- you can always use baby wipes. It will be a boring registry unless it's a girl and then I guess I could register for hairbows and clothes and stuff, though giftgivers often like to choose that sort of thing themselves.

April 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I had one with bella... but much of our stuff was needing upgrades... like the bouncey for one. But this time.... we really don't need much... clothes... its always nice to stock up on diapers, wipes and soaps though.

April 27th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Veteran
So funny - I just went through this dilemma last week!
I actually ended up registering at Target (even though there are no plans, as far as I know, for a shower) but same as the earlier poster, I figured family might like some direction. Online (not in the store) they had a TON of organic products, so I went ahead and put O receiving blankets, and a couple of Bum Genius (also some 7the gen sposies, JIC) O baby wash and products, and some things for me on there (like bf balm and such)
I also made a Universal wish list on Amazon for some of those other things I've seen that are must-have (ooh, like the MoBoleez nursing bonnets ! OH so cute!!!) So I hope that works for some of my online-savvy shopper relatives.
Anyway, I think it was good move, you just never know.
I also think that the cloth-diaper shower might be great - if you decide not to go CD, it seems there's a great resale market out there for them, I'm sure you'd get the $$ back.
(BTW, I just made the leap, too and bought my first diaper cover - I couldn't help myself! It has little lace ruffles on the behind...if this is not a girl in there, I'll have at least one for sale )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search