Can the baby moving too much cause water to break?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
No no, mine didn't break -- but I am curious if the baby making all these HUGE friggin movements (feels like he is rolling all over the place -- its actually painful!) would make the water break.

I don't even think I know how water breaks in the first place lol.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 9th, 2009, 07:06 PM
fresh's Avatar Veteran
i've wondered the same thing, but figured since i had never heard of it happening, that it wasn't anything to worry about.

but yeah, i don't know how the water breaks either??

June 9th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Niki.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a pretty good question and unfortunately I cannot give you an accurate answer. But in my honest opinion, I wouldn't think so. Caiden moves around a lot, in fact he's so active that he keeps me up at night on occasion. I would think that if his constant movements were to break my water, it would have happened a while ago. But that's just my

June 9th, 2009, 07:26 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the amniotic sac is a pretty tough membrane meant to withstand the vigorous movements of a fetus. Think about it, they use that sharp little hook to rupture it artificially, and it takes a great deal of pressure in labor to make it rupture on it's own.

But we have some tough little babies in this group, LOL!

June 9th, 2009, 07:34 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope baby isn't going to break a normal healthy bag of water, its very supported by the uterus. Now IF you were dilated past 5 cm and baby was breach and kicking your bag where your cervix is at (no uterus to support it) it COULD break it then....but at 5cm your usually in active labor already anyway.
June 9th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rebekah88 Send a message via MSN to rebekah88 Send a message via Yahoo to rebekah88
what causes it to break when it does naturally? I feel like and idiot aasking that.. but i wanna know

June 9th, 2009, 08:53 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^^^pressure with no support. Your cervix is opened (even a little) and your uterus is squeezing in getting smaller---the water takes the path of least resistance.

Your bag is stronger then what you think---it actually takes a bit to pop those puppies on purpose---have you seen the hooks they use at the hospital---they are JUST like a crochet hooks!
June 9th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SFOTraveler
Side note: My last pregnancy I didn't experience my water breaking. Even when in labor. They are not sure what happened but they think that maybe it was a slow leak, and her head came down and blocked the hole? This is the reason they didn't know there was meconium present. I did ask the midwife if it broke at one pt because I felt a "pop" and she checked and said no. WEIRD.

So yeah.... water breaking... foreign topic here! I kinda want it to break just to say "Honey, my water broke!" : P Dork I know.

Thanks cavewoman!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search