Getting used to being at home

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
CriscoNinja
Ok, well I'm a teacher so you'd think I'd be used to spending summer at home. But maybe its the fact I know I'm not going back to work next school year that's semi-freaking me out! lol It's only day 3 for crying in the beer! I have to get used to this again. I need to make some schedules... take the kids to the park... put em in swimming lessons. My house is so clean right now it's just wrong.

Any tips from the SAHM's? I know my house won't be this clean after the LO arrives. And the weird thing is I used to be a SAHM with my two older ones for 5 years! You'd think I could just roll with it again. Guess it'll take some adjustment time...

Maybe I'll go bake some cookies... mmmmmmmmmm... cookies.
June 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, I love staying home. I have my schedule that I pretty much follow, if I have something else scheduled, I just go with it and then go back to my normal schedule. With school being out, it's an adjustment but we've already found a new routine that works well.
It's summer, so we'll be doing a LOT of outside playing, sprinkler park, etc.. Just enjoy it!

June 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love to stay at home full time, but everyone is different. I'll be taking most of the first semester off. If I can't work part time at the same school during the spring semester, I will leave.

I think Paula gave some great advice.
June 10th, 2009, 11:07 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Catch up on things you've been wanting to get done, go to the library and check out some books that you've been meaning to read but just haven't had the time for, go for walks. You'll get used to being home!

June 10th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I am in the same dilema, now I am in the process of moving but as of the end of June I will be a SAHM and that is just wierd I have never not worked

June 10th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Snowpeas
For me a (still flexible) daily schedule and usual routine is essential. It's the only way I get anything done.

For instance I vacuum on Mondays, change the sheets on Wednesdays, etc and I try to plan meals out ahead of time. I love using the crockpot as it tastes good and it's so easy to get supper together in the crockpot while Olivia is eating her lunch.

I also try to get dressed before 10 a.m. (pathetic I know) and do my hair and put on makeup - even if I'm the only one besides dd that sees me. I feel better and more grown up.
I also make sure to get out of the house for a little bit every day if possible. Even if it's just going for a walk or running to the store, etc.

Are there any projects you want done before baby comes? Maybe start planning and/or making meals to put in the freezer, cleaning out closets, making room for baby stuff, etc?

I really enjoy staying at home but it was a huge adjustment at first.
Give yourself some time - it takes a little bit to adjust. Enjoy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search