So Mad. So So So Mad. (o/t)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister. Oh my sister..... I'm so tired of how selfish she is. She's just one of those people that puts herself first, over everyone including her kids and it drives me INSANE. She already has two kids she doesn't appreciate and now she's adding another one to the mix, even though her youngest is only 4 months old & she complains about how broke they are and can't afford anything. And they were trying, because I am pregnant again - why wouldn't she be? ugh lol anyway, so she's gotten the morning sickness meds before her morning sickness even kicked in, doesn't take any sort of prenatal vitamin, is taking pain killers on a daily basis because she has gallstones, and has opted to have the surgery to have her gallbladder removed ASAP so that she doesn't have to deal with the inconvienence of not being able to eat whatever she wants whenever she wants Like she wants it in the first trimester. I told her she should maybe do a little research first cause that seems a little risky to me and she was like yea I will...hang on a sec...well the things that ive seen they do a couple holes right under the belly button and then put the microscope thing in and remove it that way. Jeez I'm glad you did your research on what happens to YOU.... what about what happens to THE BABY, while you are knocked out!? It's NOT recomended in the first trimester because the drugs could cause BIRTH DEFECTS. Research the effects on the BABY, pleeeeeease? Grrrrrrrr.........I know that gallstones are painful. Very painful. But honestly...it's a few months of not being able to eat Fatty foods & dealing with occasional attacks Vs. Having surgery while pregnant. I know sometimes the surgery is completely necesarry if the gallbladder is in bad condition - but this is the same person who (when pg with her DD had gallstones too) would eat a bowl of ice cream and a brownie and say "I'm gonna be in so much pain, but its soo worth it!"
I dont understand her.

lol okay /rant. She just makes me so mad

eta: apparently I wasn't clear.... I know it CAN be bad, but hers isn't thats what I'm saying - she gets painful attacks but that is it. She has said she's opting to have it removed so that she can enjoy her pregnant and eat whatever/whenever.

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008

Last edited by BellaBellski; June 10th, 2009 at 03:00 PM.
June 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Regardless of what your sister says, will the doctor's actually do it knowing she's pregnant? They may tell her she has to wait - there's a lot of liability there for the doctor's should something happen to the baby.....and woudn't it help if she just laid off the fatty foods for now? You said she only gets attacks when she eats bad, right?
June 10th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightdreams86 View Post
I see where you are coming from. And it is very selfish of her to think about herself... but I had my gallbladder removed back in December and it is very painful and you can get extremely sick from it. I was hospitalized for 4 days and had to have 2 different surgeries and had high billiruben levels. Now i don't know if her's is this severe but you can go into liver failure and get pancreatitis. Now, if she can wait I think she should, but it is possible that she may need to have it removed. It is also really painful, when i was in the hospital I had to have morphine for the pain.

Do you honestly think - that if she was as sick as you just described - I would react this way? If it's NEEDED it is NEEDED. I don't have an issue with that AT All. But when you can control the stones by eating properly (like she can) I really strongly disagree with opting for surgery while you are pregnant just so that you can eat junk food without having to be in pain afterward. Especially without doing ANY research on the affect it will have on the baby. She only gets gallstones when she is pregnant. She's only had them in preg #1 and #3. They stop as soon as she has the baby and she didn't even have them with #2.

Last edited by BellaBellski; June 10th, 2009 at 03:13 PM.
June 10th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaS. View Post
Regardless of what your sister says, will the doctor's actually do it knowing she's pregnant? They may tell her she has to wait - there's a lot of liability there for the doctor's should something happen to the baby.....and woudn't it help if she just laid off the fatty foods for now? You said she only gets attacks when she eats bad, right?
Her doctor told her he would even before they were diagnosed He said it has to be before 20 weeks, so she wants it ASAP but everything I've read said you CANNOT have the surgery in the first trimester because its really dangerous for the baby. So hopefully he at least makes her wait until the 2nd trimester & yes it would . Thats the really frustrating part. Like I said before, with her daughter she would eat crappy and then joke that she would be in pain later and probably have to go to the hospital for some morphine. Hilaaaaarious.

June 10th, 2009, 03:25 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know anything about it but I do know that no matter how painful it was, I would NOT risk my baby for it. I'm sorry your sister is so selfish!

June 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I had severe gallbladder attacks while pregnant with my first. Having had those and given birth I can tell you that the gallbladder attacks actually hurt more than giving birth. It feels like you're having a heart attack. The pain can go on for hours and it doesn't let up.

I can assure you that's it's also not as simple as just not eating fatty foods. There were times I'd eat a piece of bread and end up having an attack. Usually towards the end of the attack I'd vomit violently and then it would be over until the next time.

I didn't have my gallbladder removed while I was pregnant. By the time I was having serious attacks I was in my 3rd trimester and they won't do the surgery then unless it's life threatening. I wouldn't have done it even if I had been in the 2nd trimester because I felt the risk was too great.

June 10th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Oh my goodness. I never said that gallbladder attacks can't be awful or serious. I said hers -aren't- From what she has told me, she hurts for a few hours and then its over. It's really bad pain, but it's just pain. Not puking, not sick, just hurting. & Yes she has also said she only gets them when she eats Fatty foods & if she stays away from them she's fine. I'm talking about HER attacks, not generalizing.

June 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I don't feel attacked, I just feel like people are taking what I'm saying the wrong way. I was just ranting about her putting herself ahead of everyone else - even when it came to the research of the surgery her main priority was -her- she didn't even consider the effect the drugs would have on the baby. And then to have people start telling their horror stories about gallstones, I felt like everyone just thought I was downplaying how bad they are. She has told me how they effect her, and none of her stories were like yours. I just feel if she can control it she should - if she absolutely needs the surgery because she's really ill - that makes sense. But to choose to have surgery while pregnant so that you can eat all the junk you want doesn't. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I did lose a baby at 21 weeks so I'm really cautious and worry about the effects of Everything.

June 10th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Snowpeas
Ugh. From your previous posts too it sounds like your sister is so incredibly selfish. I feel SO bad for her kids and for this unborn baby. I hope she grows up soon and realizes what wonderful treasures she has.

It must be hard to be exposed to her attitude all the time. ((Hugs))
June 10th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmmm - does she even realize that a lot of people, after the surgery, have a hard time digesting fatty, crappy foods, and end up having diarrhea??? Sounds like she wants to have the surgery so she can eat the crap and not have to worry about the pain.

I don't imagine that her Dr would even risk doing it in the first trimester.

June 11th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I agree with you. She sounds very selfish. She reminds me of my twin sister. Lucky us to have such wonderful siblings. Hopefully the dr will tell her no during the first trimester.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

June 11th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurroDoula View Post
Hmmmm - does she even realize that a lot of people, after the surgery, have a hard time digesting fatty, crappy foods, and end up having diarrhea??? Sounds like she wants to have the surgery so she can eat the crap and not have to worry about the pain.

I don't imagine that her Dr would even risk doing it in the first trimester.
I don't think so... and this is Definitely her last pregnancy because her dh got a vasectomy and she only gets them while pregnant. . . so you'd think she'd just deal with it for 9 months and then never have to worry about it again instead of having it removed and dealing with the crappy consequences.

Thank you for the replies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search