Baby Slings/Carriers

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
Hey ladies!

I was wondering what type of sling/carrier you had for you babies or are going to get. I had a regular front carrier for DS...with the adjustable straps...I think a snugli...it was tight though. I've gained some weight since I had him so I know it will be tighter. I was looking at slings and cotton carriers...I don't want to spend alot of money on one though.
June 11th, 2009, 07:24 AM
What type of fabric are you going to use and how long should it be....that doesn't look that hard and I can at least practice before he comes :-)
June 11th, 2009, 07:30 AM
*Hayley*
we had a baby bjorn with cohen that was used maybe a handful of times. I've heard the Ergo is really popular
June 11th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I pulled out my Moby. I'm so excited to use it again! I want to get a sling this time too.
June 11th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use a Maya sling.

June 11th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Snowpeas
I'm going to make my own moby wrap too. Someone on another board made her own and she used stretchy jersey knit material that was 5 yards long and 20 inches across. The moby wrap website has instructions on how to wrap it.

I really need to get started on that - I'm sure it will take me awhile to get the whole wrapping thing down. lol
June 11th, 2009, 08:49 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I have tried a TON of different carriers and found in the end that the Moby wrap was the best thing ever!

Slings made my shoulder hurt and I couldn't get the baby up high enough, it didn't feel snug, and the bjorn hurt my shoulders and back, didn't have enough support

But the moby! LOVED it!

June 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Hmm all the fabric I see online is like $6.00 a yard. I wonder if it will be cheaper to buy a a Moby...I think it's like $40.00. Maybe I can use a Michaels/Joanns coupon when it comes out.
June 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a hotsling (because I wanted something easy that I didn't have to wrap and tie) and I also registered for a Baby Bjorn Carrier that my hubby can use.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
June 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I registered for this one
The Ultimate Baby Wrap - Heather Gray - Parents of Invention - Babies "R" Us
I thought is was cool with like 5 diffrent positions you can use and it is good for up to 35lbs

June 11th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natty View Post
I registered for this one
The Ultimate Baby Wrap - Heather Gray - Parents of Invention - Babies "R" Us
I thought is was cool with like 5 diffrent positions you can use and it is good for up to 35lbs
That one looks like the Moby. But you can only get it online. My fam isn't too savvy when it comes to online shopping...LOL!
June 11th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Peytonsmomma
i'm going to be buying a sling or the one that natty posted, i have a problem with baby carriers like snugli
June 11th, 2009, 12:26 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
i'm getting a sling of some sort, the really simple kind that goes over one shoulder. I have no idea what kind yet, though.. i registered for the one at Target, i think it's made by Munchkin?

June 11th, 2009, 12:56 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to get a Moby wrap!
June 11th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Quote:
Originally Posted by codasgirl04 View Post
i'm going to be buying a sling or the one that natty posted, i have a problem with baby carriers like snugli
I have a friend that bought it and loves it but get it early it comes with an instructional DVD but it is strechy jersey so it should fit anyone I am excited to get it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search