Question

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2009, 07:14 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
How often do you clean house?

I'm just curious cause I usually do it every day or every other day if I cant get around to it but with a toddler its still always messy! So last night I decided I would just start cleaning as he messes and its unbelievable how fast this kid manages to make a mess! I swear I'd never be able to sit down! So I was just wondering how you guys (especially with toddlers) manage.

June 12th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Snowpeas
That IS the question! lol
While we're working on our house we're living in a 400 sq ft two room apt (kitchen/dd bedroom and living room/our bedroom) and keeping up with Olivia is impossible!

I clean everything at night after she's in bed. During the day I spot clean as needed if she makes a big mess. But as far as toys and stuff they stay put until nighttime. Otherwise, like you, I wouldn't get to sit at all and it's not just worth it.

I do keep the kitchen and bathroom clean as much as possible. It's our living area that looks like a tornado went through it during the day. ha ha

Toddlers - gotta love 'em!
June 12th, 2009, 07:34 AM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly I have to admit I only really clean my house on the weekends. I know that is kind of gross but I work full time and just don't have the time or the energy to do it at night. I have worked since my daughter was born. But when they were littler I made sure to pick up toys and stuff like that. Spot clean I guess each night. But any kind of big cleaning is saved for Saturday morning.

Now since my kids are older they get to help!!

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

June 12th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We clean everyday, and some areas get cleaned multiple times a day.

June 12th, 2009, 09:05 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Yea.. I really need to spend the money to child proof more stuff.. mine is always getting into dressers and the desk drawers and pulling everything out on top of throwing his toys everywhere.. makes for such a disaster.

June 12th, 2009, 09:52 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I clean everyday all day it seems!

I will do a BIG house cleaning where I clean top to bottom, well at least HOPE to that is, every other week if I can... my back is keeping me from doing it as much/as well as I usually would

June 12th, 2009, 09:55 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a schedule for cleaning, I clean something everyday and then I take the weekends off. I do the common stuff daily, like wipe my counters, dishes, etc, etc... but the bathrooms, once a week, vacuum, once a week, etc... Actually, I usually vacuum twice a week since we got the puppy. She's worse than the toddler. lol
Her toys and stuff, I straighten at Em's nap.. and then again after she's in bed.

June 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
Wow this IS the question lol.

I live in a very small 2 bdrm apt with my SO and 2 other roomates temporarily because I need the help financially. Needless to say it's extremely hard to keep the place spotless. I work fulltime so when I get home at 11 p.m. I don't feel like doing much of anything except relaxing. The roomates and SO help but I'm a neat freak so of course it's never "done right" and I end up cleaning on my 2 days off. As soon as SO gets another job we're moving into something a little more "us" and then hopefully we can keep the house as clean as I want it lol.

June 12th, 2009, 10:36 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I do whatever needs to be done each day. Between DS and the boy I babysit I end up having to vacuum at least every other day. I also wipe of the coffee table every day because DS always gets it sticky or messy somehow. I sweep the kitchen when it needs and mop when it needs it.

I pick up DS's toys at naptime and bedtime. Other than that I don't worry about it much because I put it away and it's all right back out 5 minutes later.

June 12th, 2009, 12:20 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I clean on the weekends but need to get in a better schedule

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
it depemds on what you consider cleaning we pick up clutter and do dishes everyday. I have a Rumba so it vacums once a day but like laudry and bathrooms and stuff like that is once a week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search