Not Gaining Weight

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2009, 09:21 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I was super excited to have finally gained 5 lbs when I went to my doctor last month. Then when I went this last Wednesday I found out that I have lost that plus another half a pound. I haven't had any morning sickness and I'm definitely eating for two! I've been eating good healthy food as well as brownies, cookies and pudding cups galore. Baby is getting enough nutrients so I'm not worried about that but it seems like I should be gaining. The doctor says not to worry unless I lose more than 10 lbs in a month and that it will all catch up with me soon.
Is anyone else out there with me?

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
June 12th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
With DS, I lost weight. I was 10 pounds lighter than my prepregnancy weight after I had him. (I was 170 before I got pregnant...after i gave birth I was around 160). He was 6lbs 9oz. So I must have lost alot of weight and gradually gained it back. IDK.

With this pregnancy I've only gained 2 pounds. It's crazy to me because I EAT EAT EAT and not really good stuff either. And I don't throw up. Maybe it will all catch up with me by the 3rd trimester...well actually I hope it doesn't :-)
June 12th, 2009, 09:55 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I have lost weight and am now kinda staying there, but im a very fluffy momma so I can stand to drop a few hundred pounds... well not quite a few hundred! LOL

June 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I'm not a thin girl by any means. I started out at 167 and I'm 5'3". Maybe that's why I'm not gaining? It was already there to start? My super skinny friend who is five weeks ahead of me has gained nearly 30 and seems to think that I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
June 12th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Snowpeas
It sounds like you're eating enough and baby is getting enough nutrients. Sounds like your body is just very efficient.

I wish my body was! I did really good the first 18 weeks but my body is kicking into "pile it on" mode lately and I'm really struggling just to maintain a healthy weight gain and no more.

It's funny how everyone's bodies react differently to pregnancy.
June 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
I'm in the same boat. I eat and eat and yet nothing happens, if anything I lose a few lbs. I started out weighing 126-128lbs and am finally up to 134-136lbs. My weight has always altered a little but now I find myself getting worried when the scale doesn't change. My doctor told me as long as I'm taking my vitamins and eating healthy I have nothing to worry about unless I lose 10lbs or more within one month. I'm sure everything will even out before our little ones pop out!

June 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I haven't been gaining as much as I should be either.. with ds I started off at 101 and by 35-36 weeks I was up to 131 which was where I stayed til I was induced at 37 weeks every time I stepped on the scale I'd gained a pound or 2. This pregnancy so far not so much.. I started off at 114, at 12 weeks I was down to 112 then around 18 weeks I was 116 and now (at 21 going on 22 weeks) I'm 118. So up only 4lbs from pre-pregnancy weight when with DS by this point I was already up at least 10. By the charts is says I should be about 125 at this point.

June 12th, 2009, 12:19 PM
megan72782's Avatar Veteran
I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the baby is growing, there shouldn't be anything wrong. I have a hard time gaining weight too. With my first baby, I only gained 12 lbs, and he was over 8 lbs at birth! My second, I gained 13 lbs, and baby was 7 lbs at birth.

This time around, I have so far gained 6 lbs. Everyone is different.

June 12th, 2009, 10:10 PM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
Right there with ya...still about 10 lbs under pp weight...I was wondering when I am going to start gaining?!
June 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I wouldn't worry.. I'm still 12 lb under pre-pregnancy weight.. Plus, when I was pregnant with Adriana all I gained was 5 lbs and I lost it all when she was born.. It was wonderful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search