Can't sleep...need some T&P's (not baby related)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2009, 12:52 AM
CriscoNinja
So if you remember, I lost my teaching job for next year. Ok, so we redid the budget on DF's job. Well found out earlier today DF is laid off too! Argh! He's the first to get called back when there's an opening and if things pan out right with someone retiring, he may get called back in August. It's a really good job, he just happened to be one of the lowmen on the totem pole. We will be ok until August, but I get my last school paycheck at the end of august and we'll be in trouble. Either I need a job, or he does! I'm really worried and would love any T&P's you may have laying around. I'm hoping he gets that call in August.

The not sleeping part isn't necessarily about the job, but Isabella decided its the perfect time to play soccer with my bladder!
June 13th, 2009, 04:14 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
My T&Ps are definately with you! I understand exactly where you're coming from and sadly, finances can be a big time stress, especially with a baby on the way. I'm the only one working right now I couldn't even begin to imagine if neither SO or I had a job. I really despise money but love it only because we need it to live a comfortable life. My dream growing up was to be financially stable, not living paycheck to paycheck, so far it hasn't happened yet lol.

I really hope he gets called in August! Good luck and keep us updated! Hope your bladder doesn't get to bruised up in the game!

June 13th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Snowpeas
Big ((hugs)).

My dh was laid off in March and we're living on his unemployment check. It is stressful for sure. I'm not working right now. Who's going to hire an obviously pregnant nurse who won't be able to help with all the heavy lifting, etc. Somehow, someway we always have enough to cover our bills, even though I don't know how. lol

The good thing is you have your paychecks until August so that buys you some time and it sounds like your dh's job really likes him. I will be praying that someone retires so he gets his job back.
June 13th, 2009, 07:52 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, that's tough. I really hope he gets a call and gets to go back to work. Are there no other teaching positions available that you could apply for, just in case? I really wish this economy would turn back around and save some jobs. T&P to you guys!

June 13th, 2009, 08:00 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a tough situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Is you job loss final? I ask because the district I work for hired back 300 teachers yesterday.
June 13th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything works out!

June 13th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that you two have to deal with this added stress but it sounds like his job really would love to take him back so hopefully that works out. Hang in there!
June 13th, 2009, 09:06 AM
CriscoNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
What a tough situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Is you job loss final? I ask because the district I work for hired back 300 teachers yesterday.

Unfortunately my job loss is permanent it was a personality conflict with the principal... ( I choose all the right people to piss off! lol) He's a very vindictive guy even if my position opened again, he'd open re-hire. I'm glad to be out of the district. I am job-hunting but it's pretty obvious I'm pregnant and a lot of them are hesitant I think to hire me when I need maternity leave a month into the school year. I know the whole "not supposed to discriminate against pregnant women" but in all reality it happens. *shrug* Worst case scenario we can move in with my sister and I'm getting unempolyment and he's applying also so we'll have somewhere to live and some money to eat on... So I'm trying to think positively and I know we'll survive... we were just so ready to be done renting and were looking for a house! Guess not now!

Also DF is very versatile and could find a job at a mecanic's shop i'm sure.... so it's just a matter of getting new perspective of our budget. Thanks everyone for your T&P's! They mean a lot!!
June 13th, 2009, 09:16 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) Our admin will basically force out those they don't like. It's practically impossible to fire a permanent teacher, but it's not impossible to make his/her job miserable. We had a teacher leave last year b/c they would single her out on everything. She finally got fed up and went to another school.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and DH.
June 13th, 2009, 09:29 AM
*Hayley*
i can totally relate. I'm in the same position as you. My teaching job expired this year (yesterday, actually) and I haven't found another one yet. Lots of T&Ps for your family.
June 13th, 2009, 09:36 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That kind of stuff can be so stressful. I hope that you're able to find another job soon or that your DF does. Just keep looking! I know my district hired a teacher last year who only taught 2 weeks into the school year before going on maternity leave. It can happen!

Go through your budget with a fine tooth comb and really think about what can be cut. Eating out, cable, internet are all things that can easily be cut. If you have a home phone line and cell phones cut back to just the cell phone. Stay home as much as you can to cut down on using gas. It's tough and it sucks but you will make it through this!

June 13th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Peytonsmomma
we are in the same situation to, i lost my job last month, DF is waiting to hear back about a job offer that he was given a few weeks ago and since he was self employed before we are living off of my unemployment checks right now, my t&p are with you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search