They changed my due date.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Super Mommy
Hello,

my name is Katie, I am 22 years old and until Friday they had been telling me my due date is Sept 26th. I had a u/s where they said the baby is measuring for Oct. 3rd.

This kind of confuses me since at 20 weeks he was still measuring for Sept. 26th (a little earlier actually). I have heard that dating ultrasounds aren't very accurate after 20 something weeks. However, they must really be going by it because when the doctor came in post u/s he mentioned the change. So, going by that, I am 24w1d. I like the idea of being 25w1d better, but, I guess I can't make it true. LOL

I have an incompetent cervix and had a mcdonald cerclage placed at 14 weeks. I lost my first little boy at 19w5d due to this. So now w/#2 (also a boy) they are being super cautious. I am on modified bedrest as well.

Hmm, nothing too interesting other than that I guess. I am an extreme animal lover. I have over 50 bunnies. I raise them for show. Also hubby and I share 2 dogs, 1 cat, a bearded dragon, 2 gray treefrogs, 1 painted chubby frog, 1 albino pac-man frog, and a blue dumbo rex rat. We did have 2 mice yesterday but our beardie & pac-man frog were finally big enough to eat them so I guess I can cross them off the list now after having them for 3 months (glad I avoided petting them).

June 14th, 2009, 06:19 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I don't understand why the Dr would change your DD this late in the pregnancy. U/S are always accurate for dating at this point. It's common to measure a bit off but usually Drs won't change your DD. I'd continue to go by your original date especially if you think that one is the more accurate date according to your last menstrual period.

I hope things go well for you and that the cerclage does it's job. I'm so sorry about your previous loss.

June 14th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Snowpeas

Sorry to hear about your first little boy that must have been absolutely devastating. We have several members here who had later losses too.

Wow, that's a lot of animals! I am a huge animal lover too but my dh would have a fit if I tried to have that many. lol It's wonderful. Your little boy will grow up with a huge love of animals too I bet.

Welcome to the DDC. If you're not sure which due date to use - post in both due date clubs - that way you're covered.

Jump right in. Looking forward to getting to know you.
June 14th, 2009, 07:17 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome to the october DDC..

and i thought I had a zoo!! I currently have 2 english bulldogs, 2 cats, 1 ferret, 4 hedgehogs and a ball python.

June 14th, 2009, 07:26 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Hi! I'm Nicole and we sort of run a little zoo around here...we have 6 children hehe! No animals though...Caitlyn (my 10 year old) did have a small turtle that we purchased at the pet shop for her birthday, but he recently died It was so sad! I think we may get her another, I'm just not sure that we know how to take care of them since this is the 2nd one that just mysteriously died

I'm sorry about your loss, we lost one at 18 weeks...it was devestating! I'm with the others on changing your due date though, and I HATE it when the doctor's change due dates so late in the game because it can potentially mean that your baby is later than what they think if he doesn't come on time..kwim? That's scary because of placental issues. I'm sure he knows what he's doing though...perhaps ask him about what the very FIRST ultrasound said? When did you have your first ultrasound?

Oh and I forgot to mention that for the longest time, this baby was measuring small....he's FINALLY measuring what he needs to be measuring along with my due date, but my doctor never changed my due date on me. We always went with the original measurements at 8 weeks.

June 14th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi welcome to the board! My name is Meg and this is our first actual baby. We have a very pampered cat, dog and parakeet that we've been practicing on but thats nothing compared to your house!

I am also a little confused about why they changed your due date but hey, I'm new to all this so thats not unusual I really hope that the modified bed rest and cerclage do the job and your little boy waits to make his grand entrance. He is gonna have a ball growing up with so many animals to play with!

can't wait to get to know you better- hang in there!
June 14th, 2009, 08:09 AM
*Hayley*
welcome and congrats on your little boy. so sorry to hear of your first loss...i hope you find everyone here as supportive as we do!
June 14th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Welcome.. My name is Melissa and I'm due Oct 29th.. I too am a animal lover.. Unfortunately I had to get rid of my beautiful PB yellow lab because she was to much for me.. She was a field Labrador with LOTS of energy. I know with baby #2 coming, it would get even worse.. Our plans are getting a small dog a few months down the road.. My home is not the same without a dog.. But we have one cat to keep us entertained for now.. I would love to get more, but my DH won't let me.. lol And dont' worry about the due date change.. Adriana's was changed a bit during this phase of my pregnancy.. Her original due date was 10/4 , but I had her 5 days early because I had GD and they don't let you go to 40 weeks.. But in the end, everything worked out and I love my September baby.. I wouldn't change it for the world..

Do you have any advice on a good small family dog? We are thinking about getting a miniature Australian Shepard.. But wow, they are expensive!!

June 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm really surprised they changed your EDD this late. The earlier u/s are the best for predicting an EDD, just because later the babies all grow differently. Lots of things factor in and can make baby bigger or smaller.
Anyway, welcome to our DDC. I'm so sorry about your loss. Congrats on your little boy, do you have a name picked out?

June 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the welcome. I had my 1st u/s at 5w4d, the baby was measuring sept. 26th, then my u/s on the 9th week, oct. 3rd, then 13w, sept. 26th, then 15w, oct. 3rd again,my 20w they said they were going with sept. 26th, but they coudn't get a head measurement. Then Friday they went with Oct 3rd again. But, I was also going 2 different places for u/s's. One was always getting Oct, and the other Sept. So, I guess since it's only a week difference it doesn't make too big of a deal, I would just really like to know for sure.

My big milestone was 24 weeks so at least I'm there at either edd. Now for 28 weeks, then 34, then 37!

I just really want to be able to bring my little guy home with me this time. I'm already in love. We are naming him Kayden Gabriel, since he is our little angel after the storm.

As for dog suggestions, honestly, it sounds weird but I think a Beagle makes the best small dog. I grew up with a beagle, she was smart sweet, and protective. I adopted an older beagle 2 years ago but she passed away after almost a year, but she was already over 10. They are such sweethearts. Plus it's short fur, I have allergies to long haired dogs but never had an issue with her.

June 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search