Spotting at 20 weeks?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Has this happened to you?

On Friday I had slight spotting and it was bright red.. It scared the crap out of me.. But it only lasted less then a hour.. I'm guessing it has something to do with my low lying placenta or I over did it at work.. The past few days I've been super tired.. Waking up at 4am for work and working non stop for 10 hours, then getting off work and then come home and take care of my 20 month old with lots of energy.. I've also had a terrible headache for the past 2 days.. At first I thought it was my blood sugars, but when I checked them, it was only 71.. Which is perfect.. We are also in the process of building a house and that adds on a little more stress.. And also, we gave away my furbaby yesterday.. She was to much to handle for me and with another baby on the way, there's not way I can give her the proper attention she needs.. I thought I could handle all of this.. But I guess it just takes a toll on me.. I need to learn to slow down, which is vary hard for me to do..

June 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
If you have a low lying placenta it can definitely happen especially with all you've been doing lately. You really need to take it easy. Keep your feet up today and relax as much as possible. I'd probably mention it to the Dr as well. Are you still feeling movement?

June 14th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
If you have a low lying placenta it can definitely happen especially with all you've been doing lately. You really need to take it easy. Keep your feet up today and relax as much as possible. I'd probably mention it to the Dr as well. Are you still feeling movement?
I'm still feeling movement.. He was moving like crazy yesterday, which he normally doesn't do. I think this is God's way of telling me he is alright.. .. Today I plan on just relaxing, but unfortunately I have early shifts on Monday and Tuesday.. But I'm going to take it slow. I haven't contacted my doctor yet, since this happened on Friday night.. But I'm going to give him a call on Monday and see what he says..

June 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
The fact that you're still feeling movement is great! I'm not sure what type of work you do but it sounds like you need to take it easier. This is your body's way of telling you that you need to slow down. I had a low lying placenta with DS and would bleed easily sometimes (after sex or after being too active). I had to slow down and stay off my feet more.

June 14th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Snowpeas
((hugs)) Hope you're able to find some time to relax.
June 14th, 2009, 03:53 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope everything is ok.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

June 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try to take it easy!

June 15th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Thanks ladies.. This week is going to be a busy week for me, but I'll take it as slow as I can.. Unfortunately, with my type of work, there's rarely any slow days..

June 15th, 2009, 05:00 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it could be from your low lying placenta

I hope it stops soon for you.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 15th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I can't remember when, but it was well into my second trimester when I posted I had spotting - scared me too, but everything ended up ok. Try to take it easy and drink lots of water.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
June 15th, 2009, 11:26 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((Hugs))) Hoping all is okay with you and baby.

June 16th, 2009, 05:33 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana's Mommy View Post
I'm still feeling movement.. He was moving like crazy yesterday, which he normally doesn't do. I think this is God's way of telling me he is alright.. .. Today I plan on just relaxing, but unfortunately I have early shifts on Monday and Tuesday.. But I'm going to take it slow. I haven't contacted my doctor yet, since this happened on Friday night.. But I'm going to give him a call on Monday and see what he says..
I just had this the other day. I was 21 weeks. I was told at 13 weeks I had placenta previa, and I have had a sub-crono whatever bleed all along. But never any bleeding or spotting till friday. It let up.. I still have some here or there... I assume its from doing too much. I am not suppose to lift... but thats kinda hard when you have little ones in the house and all. Make sure you mention this to your doc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search