Stay after baby

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Snowpeas
How long do you plan on staying in the hospital/birthing center after giving birth?

Do you want to stay as long as possible or do you want to get out as soon as you can?
June 15th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
Probably two days after the delivery. That's the norm, right?
With DS he was born on a Friday evening and I was out Sunday afternoon. I think I was able to leave on Saturday but they wanted DS to stay because he hadn't been circumsized yet, so I stayed because there was no way I was leaving him!

I was just ready to come home. I was lonely in the hospital because DS's donor wasn't there and my parents had to leave. Plus you get no rest with the nurses coming in and out every 2 hours. Also, I didn't want to deep sleep because DS was right next to me and I was nervous.
June 15th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
At Puget Sound Midwives and Birth Center (where I plan to deliver) they only have you stay up to 6 hours after you birth your baby. As long as you've eaten, breastfed, and can move around just fine they will let you go. If in that time frame you're still not suited to go home, they transfer you to the hospital. I am just gonna play it by ear, hopefully get some rest and eat then be ready to snuggle up in my own bed at home fairly soon after this baby comes

June 15th, 2009, 10:22 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i want out as soon as possible!! i hate hospitals they stink!

June 15th, 2009, 10:23 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
With DS I got there around 1 a.m on a Saturday morning and delivered right before 7 a.m. I stayed until Monday afternoon. I had to stay that long because we were waiting for DS to be circumsized and then we had to wait for him to go to the bathroom after that.

I didn't mind my hospital stay. It was actually relatively peaceful but it wasn't a busy hospital. This time I figure my stay will be about 2 days.

June 15th, 2009, 10:24 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD I Labored all night and had her at 6am, spent the day & night and went home the next evening. I think it was a total of 36 hours after baby was born. It was still Too Long!! I just wanted to go home!

This time I have a different doctor & I'm really hoping that if I need to be induced they will do it in the AM this time instead of 6pm and that way I should have the baby at night and maybe be able to go home the next evening. As long as baby and I are healthy and he/she latches well...I'd wayyyyyy rather be at home!!

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
June 15th, 2009, 10:45 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Here they usually keep you 2 days.. enough time for the baby to be circumcised (if thats what you decide) and be checked out by the pediatrician.

June 15th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Super Mommy
I was hoping to leave the next day (normal discharge time) but after other posts I guess I might be staying 2 days if I want baby boy circum.
June 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I'll have a c/section. With my first, I think it was 5 days, with my 2nd, I was going home on day 3 but they kept me an extra day because my dd had a heart murmur. Now this time I hope to leave on day 3.

June 15th, 2009, 11:54 AM
*TJM*'s Avatar Veteran
I plan on leaving as soon as my 24 hours are up! I hate being at the hospital & just want to get home & relax. I left within 12 hours of having my first DS but they don't allow that anymore because baby needs 24 hour blood work & they had too many not returning for it

June 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The norm around here is to stay one night for a vaginal birth, and leave the next day after the pediatrician has seen the baby, and the OB has discharged the mom. Personally, I don't really care, so long as they don't try to boot me out at 8 am, lol.

June 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
It will depend on how it goes. With DD I was in the hospital for 3 days which is long but I had a lot of issues.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

June 15th, 2009, 12:25 PM
megan72782's Avatar Veteran
I want to leave as soon as possible. I have had horrible experiences with PP nurses with both of my previous babies, so I really just want to squeeze this one out, and come home. ha

June 15th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As long as I have a normal delivery my doctor usually lets me go after 24 hours.

June 15th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Peytonsmomma
I think it's 24 hours - 4days depending on the birth, if it's a vaginal birth then it's 24 hrs. c-section 4 days
June 15th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to leave as soon as possible. With dd I was there for 2 days because of group b strep. With ds I was there 23 hours. I am hoping that everything goes smoothly so I can get home and comfortable right away.
June 15th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here ... its a full 2 days after a vaginal delivery and 4 days for a c-section.
They give you a fantastic going home dinner before you leave for you and the Daddy.
I am sure I will stay the full 2 days just to kind of wrap my head around it all before returning to reality and 2 cats and 2 dogs and people coming over all the time !

I swear ... I think I am going to have to put up a visiting schedule on the front door just to save myself !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search