baby gate question

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering if anyone here knows about baby gates for tricky situations. The place I'm moving into has a really steep set of stairs leading up to it and no door at the top. The walls are in a really tricky place to get a baby gate straight across. Anyone have any advice?? I dont even know if that made sense... maybe I'll take a pic next time I'm at the new place for clarity.

June 16th, 2009, 08:12 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Hmm...I'm not really sure. A picture would help if you get the chance. Is there anyway to block the area off before the steps instead of right at the steps? You'll have a while to figure it out since you don't even need baby gates until the baby is mobile anyway.

June 16th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Snowpeas
They make all kinds of gates now for all kinds of situations. If we had a picture it might help.
June 16th, 2009, 10:30 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree a picture might help

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 16th, 2009, 10:33 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One Step Ahead Baby - Kiddy Guard

One Step Ahead Baby - Configure Gate

these are the most innovative ones ive seen for odd sized openings...but this website has a lot of cool gates
One Step Ahead Baby - Gates

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

June 16th, 2009, 01:36 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmmm.... that mesh one probably is what i need.... I don't want it right at the top of the stairs, because I was thinking that if he breaks that thing, it would be horrible. I fell down the stairs once when I was 9 months old and my parents said it was pretty scary... I ended up with a broken nose and 2 black eyes, so I'm a little paranoid about the whole stair thing.

Haha I gotta get a pic of this space probably. I made a diagram for the time being. Of course none of the doorways line up (not just bad use of photoshop hehe). The pink is walls, and the yellow thing is a short little wall that kinda sticks out and is about 2 feet high. I won't be offended if you cant tell when I mean from my diagram.

The goal would be keeping him in the main room side of the house without falling down the stairs. I know its really early, but I noticed right off the bat that its gonna require some problem solving and want to make sure he's safe when the time comes (I essentially want to make sure that there is some sort of gate that would work).... oh did I mention I'm bored .

June 17th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i owuld just put a gate in the baby's room its self. i think gates at the top of stairs are pretty scary.. and could be dangerous.

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
June 17th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscheriezach View Post
One Step Ahead Baby - Kiddy Guard

One Step Ahead Baby - Configure Gate

these are the most innovative ones ive seen for odd sized openings...but this website has a lot of cool gates
One Step Ahead Baby - Gates
I looked at your diagram and it seems like the second one that 'mrscheriezach' mentioned would work.

June 17th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBean View Post
I looked at your diagram and it seems like the second one that 'mrscheriezach' mentioned would work.
That's what I was thinking.

I have a swinging gate at the top of my stairs. It's been 5 yrs with no problems(and no accidents). I got my gate at IKEA.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search