Isn't this supposed to be the time for energy?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I was always told the 2nd trimester was when you have all this energy and feel really good. So why is it that I'm not. I'm so worn out. I feel like all I want to do is sleep. My back hurts, my feet hurt, my whole body feels as if it wants to shut down. Where is my energy. I can barely make it through a grocery store trip. By the time I'm done I'm ready to sit down and rest. My entire lower stomach feels so heavy. I know a lot of my issue is stemming from work. They have been piling more work on me. Not small things either. Dh and i have talked about me quitting my job in August. I'm just trying to make it to that point.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

June 16th, 2009, 08:27 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I know how you feel. I'm still so tired. Part of it is because my hips hurt so much when I'm sleeping that I'm constantly shifting around in bed trying to relieve the pain so I don't sleep well.

Plus now I have a toddler to chase after! That is the biggest difference with this pregnancy! It's almost DS's naptime and I think I'm going to join him.

June 16th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Snowpeas
I finally had three wonderful days of feeling like myself and actually having energy. Now the last two days are back to dragging around.

I remember getting the energy burst with Olivia - but I definitely feel cheated this time around. lol
I can only imagine what the next trimester is going to feel like.
June 16th, 2009, 09:05 AM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
I was feeling the same way...I asked my doctor about being so tired and she suggested that I have an iron defiency...she said I looked paler and had dark circles around my eyes...she gave me an iron rich diet so we can try and get the count up before I have more bloodwork...hopefully this isn't the case for all mommies, but it is something to think about!

As far as the achey part, ditto to that too! And just like you, it's worse when I am at work and too much is being demanded of me...I have decided not to go above and beyond anymore for the time being...because it's me and this baby's health we need to be worried about! That would be awesome if you could stay home in August, that would be great! KUP on how your feeling, I hope you feel better!
June 16th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't think about the iron thing. I was anemic with dd. That could have a lot to do with it. I think I will ask the dr about it next week.

June 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not tired as in sleepy, but I do find I don't have as much energy for hauling my big belly everywhere. I've felt like that for several weeks now - I assume it's a twin thing.

June 16th, 2009, 09:24 AM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am DEAD tired all the time it seems like it. I go home most days after work and take about a 45 min. nap. And I never have a hard time falling asleep at night. Now staying asleep is the hard part. If I don't have to go to the bathroom then my hip hurts or the baby is moving. I swear I am up about every hour in the night. So I assume that is why I am still so tired. Just can't seem to get a good night sleep any more. I'm really scared to see what next trimester is going to be like. I will probably be a walking zombie by then.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

June 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know, I just told Dh yesterday that I was feeling great and now, I'm just exhausted!! ALL I want to do is sleep!

June 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thats funny cause i was logging on to post that i am feeling very weak today and to see if anyone else felt that way.

i always exercise (i have to cause of my back really) but today i cant finish. im very weak.

i heard one way to see if you are getting enough iron is to see the inside of your lower eyelid, if its nice and pink youre getting enough iron.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

June 16th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscheriezach View Post
thats funny cause i was logging on to post that i am feeling very weak today and to see if anyone else felt that way.

i always exercise (i have to cause of my back really) but today i cant finish. im very weak.

i heard one way to see if you are getting enough iron is to see the inside of your lower eyelid, if its nice and pink youre getting enough iron.
I never heard of that. Now I must look at my eye. LOL.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search