"Bringing Home Baby" on Discovery Health

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
CriscoNinja
So I'm enjoying baby week, hehe, and I just have to say most of the time, the show Bringing Home Baby just cracks me up. I mean when I brought my first son home I was just as naive but man I'm glad it wasn't on national tv!! lol

The show on right now, she is ff and bf'ing and can't understand why baby isn't latching on... at least in my experience once a baby gets a bottle, they tend to prefer it, since it's easier than bf'ing... but I do know there are some babies who can switch.
June 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohhhhhhhhhh I so love those shows. I go home every night and watch them all night long. I am so addicted. I love the "I DIdn't Know I was Pregnant Ones" and Deliver Me. My DH thinks I am nuts watching them. He says I am going to scare my self silly with some of the sad stories on there but I don't think so. I love them.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

June 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Snowpeas
I miss those shows!
It made me feel better about how dh and I coped with a newborn. ha ha

The only thing that bothered me about them was the bf'ing issues.
They make it seem so hard and difficult and I want to tell them so bad how easily it could be corrected - but they don't listen to me through the tv. LOL
June 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
bringing home baby is the one show I cannot watch anymore. EVERY SINGLE EPISODE the mom is planning on BFing but is FFing as well. I did that with Thomas "bc my milk didn't come in", and quit BFing at 2 weeks. With Collin I did FF as well, but I waited a bit longer and man did it make a huge difference!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
June 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like those shows as well.

I am loivng I didn't know I was pregnant and Deliver ME as well!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 16th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so/so on Bringing Home Baby - love the Baby Story though - especially when they have natural or water births (even though I'm not planning one, I still like to watch the experience!)

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
June 16th, 2009, 12:55 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't watch those shows anymore, not since Holden popped out! Don't know why.. find myself cringing or saying "PSH MUST BE NICE!" when someone has an easy birth

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

June 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Deliver me and I didn't know I was pregnant, too. I didn't know I was pregnant cracks me up!

I watch bringing home baby, but sometimes I question where they find the people. Like them getting ready for bed and putting the baby down and becoming upset to find out the baby doesn't want to sleep. Then having to call in the grandma for reinforcements because their baby is just sooooo needy. Haha and that's only night one. Plus the cheesy one liners they have before commercials like "Will Lisa ever get used to waking up to feed baby Noel?" or "Will Ryan ever learn how to change little Frank's diaper??" My guess is yes. Haha. Maybe I should stop watching that show hahah it really gets me really critical for some reason....

June 16th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Peytonsmomma
lol Monica!

I Like bringing home baby, there was only one episode where i did get kinda upset about, the father just left the mom at home the day they came home b/c that was "her responsibility" now-whatever

I don't get to watch them anymore b/c we disconnected our tv
June 16th, 2009, 03:59 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some of those shows just annoy the heck out of me. I don't know why. Deliver Me is the worst. It just really grates on me for some reason.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search