Clothes....

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I finally broke down this weekend and purchased some materunity clothes. I really didn't want to because I can still fit all my prepregnancy clothes but heres the problem. Most of my pants are too big. I have about 3 pairs of jeans that I love but they are all falling off of me now. I know that seems weird. But see I wear my pants below my waist to its below my baby bump. And I am assuming since I have lost weight instead of gain weight yet that they are just two big. So instead of buying normal size clothes that probably won't fit me after I have the baby I broke down and bought materunity pants.

Any body else have a problem like this or are they having a hard time wanting to wear materunity clothes?? Thats my problem I just don't really want to wear them yet.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

June 16th, 2009, 10:08 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, not me. My bump is big and it takes maternity clothes to go over it!

June 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope I am in maternity clothes as well. My regular shirts are too tight for my taste

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 16th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I still have 2 pair of jeans I can wear that are non-maternity and I wear them as much as possible I have to wear maternity shirts though, UNLESS it's my hoodies... and when I wear those, I can still hide my belly. I'm certain it's because I'm carrying high this time and can't seem to gain weight.
June 16th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like my maternity pants are always falling down - I feel more comfortable in non-maternity dresses and skirts.

When I do wear maternity pants, capris, etc. I use the bella band to hold them up. Perhaps you could use the bella band with the jeans that are too big? I wouldn't wear maternity if I didn't have to!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
June 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Snowpeas
I actually really like maternity clothes - they're so comfy, like wearing pajama's all day.
June 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine_D View Post
I feel like my maternity pants are always falling down - I feel more comfortable in non-maternity dresses and skirts.

When I do wear maternity pants, capris, etc. I use the bella band to hold them up. Perhaps you could use the bella band with the jeans that are too big? I wouldn't wear maternity if I didn't have to!
I am sorry to sound stupid but what is a belly band?? I have never heard or seen one before.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

June 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not much of a choice here with my little basketball belly. I know you didn't ask, but I highly suggest motherhood maternity in Macy's. It really wasn't that pricey compared to old navy, target, and kohl's maternity, and the stuff fits sooooo much better and doesn't look like maternity stuff style wise (well some did, but they had a wide selection of styles). In particular got some cute capris that are super comfy.

PS. I notice you live in Olathe... I used to live in Lenexa prior to Rhode Island (so about 5 years ago and still have family there). Haha its kinda fun to see someone on here from there... I'm a dork.

Last edited by monica8; June 16th, 2009 at 02:04 PM.
June 16th, 2009, 04:07 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having the same problem. Luckily its winter here right now and I can tuck undershirts into my pants to stop them falling down.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

June 16th, 2009, 05:52 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I broke down and bought some tank tops from Motherhood Maternity last week. My shirts just aren't long enough anymore. I bought a pair of pants with the secret belly panel but I don't like them. I don't have a big enough belly to wear them yet. I'm still just wearing my comfy pants that sit on my hips and will continue to do so until I can't anymore.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
June 16th, 2009, 06:21 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
I can still wear my pre pregnancy shorts and pants (well, one size up because my butt grew! LOL), but it's just now getting to where when I sit in them, the rim of the pants dig into my uterus (LOL), and that HURTS....so I'm in maternity now Not because I "have" to, but because it's just more comfy and I give in to comfort My bump still isn't where I'm showing all that much yet though. I've only had one regular client ask me if I'm expecting and she was scared to ask. NOONE else has noticed! LOL

I had one client ask me today if we were thinking about having any more yet....lol....uh, yeah...we're thinking about it

June 17th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Teresa - the bella band is a piece of fabric that helps hold pants up when you wear unbuttoned or when maternity pants are still too big. Here's the link to the one I bought, but you can buy at Target, Motherhood Maternity, etc.

Ingrid & Isabel - BellaBand

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
June 17th, 2009, 05:33 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I have the same issue with my pants and shorts. Stuff I wore last summer is now too big. My pants and shorts fall around my ankles. I've worn maternity shorts and stuff recently because they actually fit better by hugging my belly. I've lost weight too so that's why.

June 17th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had your problem. I am carrying really low for the most part and my pants just don't fit the same anymore. I have spent this whole pregnancy in maternity clothes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search