Question about diaper pails...(x-posted)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Which is the best??? The top two I'm looking at seem to be either the Diaper Genie II (Elite) or the Diaper Dekor.

Anyone have experience with either? I know the biggest pain with them is that you have to purchase the refills...

DH has an EXTREMELY sensitive nose, so I really want to choose the best out there!!

June 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Snowpeas
I used the diaper champ also. You can use regular trash bags or the plastic bags from the grocery store and Wal-Mart, etc.

Refills on the other brands seemed so expensive to me.

Plus the diaper champ works with cloth diapers too so that's why we chose it.
June 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't do the whole diaper pail thing- just stick poo diapers in the main trash and take the trash out and we don't have any issues with smell. pee diapers generally don't smell at all so I can fill up the bathroom trashcan with them without a problem (potty training).

I've heard if you ARE going to get one- the champ is the one to go with. The Genie sucks because you have to buy special bags for it.. and they come out looking like a long string of linked poop sausage. appetizing!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

June 16th, 2009, 08:59 PM
hoping4more
ive never used the champ, sounds interesting.... i have the elite and i love it. it isnt anything like the old diaper genie, i have had both. keeps smells out great! holds a ton of diapers, downfall a refill costs five dollars just about... however i dont totally fly threw one bag that fast. changing bags, is sooo easy, and you just press the pedal with your foot drop in the diaper let go it shuts and is all taken care off. when you need to change the bag its also supser easy. though if the champ is good at keeping out smells sounds like you can save a few bucks on refills. good luck. id like to add generally nursing babies dont smell, but if you have a sensitive nose like me you might not want to put pee diapers in a trashbag for more then one day. i put my kids diapers in the bathroom trash before their shower and if i forget to change the bag the day it smells like yucka pee in the bathroom i cant stand the smell, im very picky about that. even teh old diaper genie would leak smells that would drive me crazy! this one is great.
June 16th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beesgirl
We have the diaper champ and it has been great.
June 17th, 2009, 04:04 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the feedback ladies!

June 17th, 2009, 05:11 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had the diaper champ or something it was a pail that uses your trash bags but it broke after a year. I broke changing the bag.

Now I have a clean air one that is supposed to help with the stink but it doesn't I just spray air freshener in it with every bag change.

I would recommend one that uses your trash bags it would be cheaper.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 17th, 2009, 05:25 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I have the first years diaper pail and I really like it. You can't leave diapers sitting in there for a week because then it starts to smell but for a few days it's fine (who wants diapers sitting around that long anyway). Plus it uses regular trash bags. I just keep it in an area where we don't sit all of the time.

June 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't get a diaper genie, they get SOOO expensive after awhile with their weird twisty, turning bags. Gets to be a huge PITA!
We have a diaper champ and I LOVE the thing! It works so easily, uses regular bags, keeps in the smell and holds quite a bit. I seriously love mine!!

June 17th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never used a diaper pail. I just throw them in the main trash and I've never had a problem with smells.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search