3D/4D Ultrasound!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2009, 05:09 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never gotten one and me personally don't think they are worth the money. I think (again personally) they just let you see your baby sooner than when it is born.

I hope you get some answers to help in your decision.

Again this is only my personally opinion and everybody feels differently.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 17th, 2009, 05:36 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I've never had one done but I know from other people and from the woman who did my U/S that it is better if you wait until the suggested time.

The reason they suggest that time period is because then the baby has more fat deposits so he or she looks more like a baby and less like an alien! You can see their features better once they've put on more fat. So I would wait.

June 17th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one done this time around at 19 weeks and it was amazing! I loved seeing the baby move around. I wish I had done it with my other two. I agree with pp that they sugges waiting until 27 weeks because than the baby looks like a baby. I would wait if it were me, besides 27 weeks is so so close.
June 17th, 2009, 06:35 AM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your lucky I was told I shouldn't get one since I have an anterior placenta. She said all I would see is blurred pics of the baby.

But anyways I was going to get one so I would say do it. I think they are so neat and wish they had them around when my first two were born.

Good luck and hopefully we will get to see some pics

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

June 17th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Snowpeas
I never was a fan of them until I got my elective u/s at 17 weeks and she ever so briefly switched it into 3d as a treat. I immediately fell in love with my little one when I could see him snuggle against the side of my belly, with a smile on his face

He was awfully skinny though. I would definitely wait until they start putting on that oh-so-cute baby fat, when you can see them chubby baby cheeks and all.
June 17th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Super Mommy
I am contemplating getting one does as well. I think it is just personal preference if you want to have the photos/cd/dvd as a keepsake. I think I would do it more for my child than for me & DH - because when I was a little girl I would have loved to seen those pictures of me, so naturally I think my little girl would love them too

June 17th, 2009, 08:12 AM
*Hayley*
we did it last time with Cohen, and while the techs were WONDERFUL, we had to go back 3 times because he was pressed up against the placenta, or he wouldnt move his hands off his face and we couldn't get a clear shot. after it all, we decided that our next child wouldn't have the 3d/4d done but now as it's getting closer to that time period i am thinking about it more and more.

have you looked into other facilities? those prices seem pretty extreme, but again you are in another country and i don't know how monies transfer...

all in all, i'd say do it for your first.
June 17th, 2009, 08:18 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GET ONE!!! I didn't like them UNTIL, I had one with my 2nd baby. The Dr just flipped it to 3D without me even asking and I was like... OMG.. It's just amazing!!
I was so afraid it'd ruin the surprise of the looks before she was born, but it honestly doesn't, at all. It just gives you a different view of your sweet little precious baby.
I'd wait until about 27-28 weeks, to get the best pictures. The baby is fatter then and you see a beautiful picture! I wouldn't go after 30 weeks though, it gets too cramped in there and you might not get as good of a view.

June 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think they are worth it- but then again the prices the studio I go to are NOTHING compared to what you're paying! (unless your dollar amounts are much different than ours )

I had two done with Holden, and have had one done with Parker and am getting another at 28 weeks.
Since you're such a small girl, you're going to want to go before 30 weeks. I went with Holden @ 32 weeks and could barely see anything he was so smooshed in there! And i'm nowhere as petite as you

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

June 17th, 2009, 10:42 AM
*TJM*'s Avatar Veteran
I say it is your first go for it! We had one done with Brayden loved it & I think they are worth the $ if you have the extra. Do wait until the suggested time though because then they don't look so alienish But don't wait to long because then they are really squished & you won't get a great view. I think I had mine done about 28 weeks.

June 17th, 2009, 11:47 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be getting one through my dr. I considered getting one through an imaging center near me, but decided to pass on it.
June 17th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I say GO FOR IT!! It was such an amazing experience and really let DH bond with her since he hadn't felt any movements yet. I loved seeing the baby but I loved seeing his face watching his daughter just as much! I went at 18 weeks for gender determination (cause my doctor doesn't do it until 24 weeks) and I'll go again at 28-30 weeks. Thats the time when you'll get the best pics b/c Ellen will be cute and chunky and still able to move around and put on a show.

Let us know which package you pick- it'll be such a special day for you and Alice!
June 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's worth it!

June 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say get one! I wasn't planning on it, but we decided to do it when I was exactly 23 weeks. The techs I had were wonderful and we got some great shots of the baby's face. Even at 23 weeks could see all of his features...has a cute nose and a smooshie little mouth. We got to see him yawn and stick his tongue in and out of his mouth. Very cute...have it on video and I love watching it.

As far as the Aussie/US conversion...I think those prices sound on par with our prices over here. My hubby is an Aussie and his parents are still over there and just sent us a western union check for a baby gift...they said that after the conversion the money was significantly less than what they took to the bank for the check. It always costs them a lot more to send us gifts, etc. So, again I think the prices at your u/s place are even with ours over here. Good luck!
June 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
We had one the last time.... they suggest to do it later for better pictures.

It was neat, but was it worth the money?? probably not.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search