Questions about C-Section

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Super Mommy
Hey ladies – Please share your experiences with c-section. My midwife asked me to go for a consultation with a Dr just to make sure it was ok to deliver vaginally since I’ve done 2 myectomy (fibroid surgery). I was really hoping it wouldn’t be a problem since I no longer have fibroids but apparently I have too many scars to even try to push. I just found out yesterday. Said if I had 1 incision it could have been ok but I have multiple so there is the risk of uterus tearing during contraction/pushing so I have to schedule c-section. I was really sad yesterday because I was really looking forward to pushing but DH and mum encouraged me. Better safe than sorry. Ok so now my questions are:

1. How long do you have to stay in the hospital after a CS?

2. Can you move around, do light work, dance (planning a party) about a week after?

3. I heard doctor’s advice you not to have more than 3 CS. Not sure if my fibroid surgery will be considered 1, meaning after this CS I can only have 1 more kid or if the surgery is not counted then 2 more kids.

4. Did you have problems with scar tissues after your CS?

5. Is there a time period you are supposed to wait after CS before trying to have another kid?

6. Was it difficult conceiving again after your CS?

Thanks, really appreciate any comment.
June 17th, 2009, 10:09 AM
CriscoNinja
1. How long do you have to stay in the hospital after a CS? I stayed for 4 days

2. Can you move around, do light work, dance (planning a party) about a week after? I could move slowly, could do light light work, and didn't feel like dancing. lol I had some issues though with incision infection

3. I heard doctor’s advice you not to have more than 3 CS. Not sure if my fibroid surgery will be considered 1, meaning after this CS I can only have 1 more kid or if the surgery is not counted then 2 more kids. not sure about that... I think it all depends on your doc. I know some women who have had 4 or 5 c-secs and been fine. My mom had 4 and these were back in the day when they knocked you out and made a huge vertical incision

4. Did you have problems with scar tissues after your CS? not problems really, just some odd stretching in the pregnancy following

5. Is there a time period you are supposed to wait after CS before trying to have another kid? not sure, my next pregnancy after my c-sec was 10 months later... no one mentioned anything to me.

6. Was it difficult conceiving again after your CS? Nope, my dd was a SURPRISE. But a welcome one
June 17th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Snowpeas
You can also check out the c-section board here on JM:
Cesarean Section Birth - JustMommies Message Boards

I've lurked there a little bit just in case this little one doesn't turn head down.
June 17th, 2009, 10:16 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How long do you have to stay in the hospital after a CS? 3 days is the norm, but it depends on you, your baby and your insurance.

2. Can you move around, do light work, dance (planning a party) about a week after? I was carrying drywall up the stairs about a week after I was home, with my second. With my first, no way!! It took me a good week to do stairs well and I was just sore.

3. I heard doctor’s advice you not to have more than 3 CS. Not sure if my fibroid surgery will be considered 1, meaning after this CS I can only have 1 more kid or if the surgery is not counted then 2 more kids. I have no idea on this but I know several of woman who have had 4+ c/sections. It depends on how your body heals and scar tissue.

4. Did you have problems with scar tissues after your CS? I have scar tissue but not bad. My Dr said she had one woman that she told to NOT get preggers again, because her scar tissue was horrible. She said mine was a bit thick but not horrible.

5. Is there a time period you are supposed to wait after CS before trying to have another kid? Most Dr's reccomend a year, however after my 6 week pp check up, mine said I was perfect and 6 months would be fine.

6. Was it difficult conceiving again after your CS? No, having a c/s doesn't affect you conceiving.

I'll add that it wasn't nearly as bad as I had my self set up for. The first time I was PETRIFIED. I had a spinal and it went super smooth. During the c/s there is a lot of pressure but NO PAIN. It felt like someone was kneading my belly, like dough.

The first time standing up is the worst part and once you get past that, it's easier and easier. Take your pain meds and just rest as much as possible.

My 2nd c/s I was put under, due to my spinal not taking. But recovery was MUCH easier. I was up and walking by myself the same day. I felt fine on day 3 and was ready to come home. Like I said, it was about a week after I was helping DH carry drywall upstairs and 10 days after I had my dd I went to dh's 10 year high school reunion.

June 17th, 2009, 12:45 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My c-section was an emergency c-section after 20 something hours of labor with no progression, pre-e, and a fibroid tumor that was blocking my daughter from dropping. Emotionally, it was the absolute worst thing I've ever, ever gone through.

1. How long do you have to stay in the hospital after a CS? I was in the hospital for a total of 5 days, but 4 days after the c-section.

2. Can you move around, do light work, dance (planning a party) about a week after? Holy mother of god, no. I couldn't get out of bed on my own. Or out of a chair. I wasn't well enough to get out of the house for about four weeks.

3. I heard doctor’s advice you not to have more than 3 CS. Not sure if my fibroid surgery will be considered 1, meaning after this CS I can only have 1 more kid or if the surgery is not counted then 2 more kids. I think it's just precautionary. I know that some people, even one on this board I think, have had multiple c-sections. I plan on having at least three, possibly four.

4. Did you have problems with scaues after your CS? Nope

5. Is there a time period you are supposed to wait after CS before trying to have another kid?
We were told 12 months, but we conceived this little one at 9 months. Again, I think it's precautionary. I would say wait at least 6 months just because that's how long it takes for you to heal internally.
6. Was it difficult conceiving again after your CS? Hehe, no. We decided "lets try for another baby!" and two weeks later, BFP. I bought a whole pack of OPK's and never got to use them, lol.
June 17th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, this was very informative. I’ve been reading up on it since I posted the ques here this morning and there is such a difference between reading about it and hearing personal stories. Reading all the possible complications is so scary. I’ll check out the C-Section birth area on JM too.
June 17th, 2009, 03:39 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
1. How long do you have to stay in the hospital after a CS? I was in the hospital Wednesday to Saturday. Had my DS on Thursday.

2. Can you move around, do light work, dance (planning a party) about a week after? No, no , no I felt horrible. I manage to get a hemtoma in my cut in the muscles and it was horrible pain.

3. I heard doctor’s advice you not to have more than 3 CS. Not sure if my fibroid surgery will be considered 1, meaning after this CS I can only have 1 more kid or if the surgery is not counted then 2 more kids. I wasn't told how many I could have.

4. Did you have problems with scar tissues after your CS? Nope

5. Is there a time period you are supposed to wait after CS before trying to have another kid? I was told to wait two years so I could do a VBAC.

6. Was it difficult conceiving again after your CS? I had a hard time but it might have been because of my IUD I had before.

Thanks, really appreciate any comment.

I think IMO that having a schedule c-section would be a lot easier then a emergency one like mine was.

June 17th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
1. How long do you have to stay in the hospital after a CS? I was in for 4 days..I think the norm is 3 or so.

2. Can you move around, do light work, dance (planning a party) about a week after? NO WAY..not for me anyway. I couldn't get in and out of bed on my own for at least 2 weeks after. and they advise you not to drive for 2 weeks after as well, just fyi.

3. I heard doctor’s advice you not to have more than 3 CS. Not sure if my fibroid surgery will be considered 1, meaning after this CS I can only have 1 more kid or if the surgery is not counted then 2 more kids. i dont know too much about that sorry

4. Did you have problems with scar tissues after your CS? it feels a little funny (numbness) every now and then and the stretching is a littlw worse with this pregnancy. A

5. Is there a time period you are supposed to wait after CS before trying to have another kid? also not sure on this.

6. Was it difficult conceiving again after your CS? took 5 months with my son, and 9 months with this one..so 4 extra months, probably nt c-section related though.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

June 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How long do you have to stay in the hospital after a CS? I had my son on a Tues and left Friday morning. This time will be 2-3 days, depending on how I am feeling

2. Can you move around, do light work, dance (planning a party) about a week after? I was at my nephew's birthday party about a week after having Peyton. This was after shopping for a couple hours to escape my IL's who were staying at my house.

3. I heard doctor’s advice you not to have more than 3 CS. Not sure if my fibroid surgery will be considered 1, meaning after this CS I can only have 1 more kid or if the surgery is not counted then 2 more kids. I was not told how many I could or could not have.

4. Did you have problems with scar tissues after your CS?Not really. I had numbness at first and there are still areas that I cannot feel really well. And if my son stood on my belly at the scar when he was little, it would hurt a little

5. Is there a time period you are supposed to wait after CS before trying to have another kid? I have no idea

6. Was it difficult conceiving again after your CS? It took us a year, we started when our son was 2. But we were not obsessive and I am overweight and in my 30's

June 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. How long do you have to stay in the hospital after a CS? Normal stay here is 3 days. I had my 1st c/s at 4am, stayed that day, the next, and went home the next. My 2nd c/s was at 5pm, I stayed that night, the next day, and the OB tried to discharge me the next day. The nurses kept telling him I had not even passed gas yet but he just brushed them off and said, "She's fine." I told the nurse no and I stayed until the next day.

2. Can you move around, do light work, dance (planning a party) about a week after? I didn't feel like doing anything because of a ripping sensation on my right side with my first. I didn't have that pain with my 2nd so I was up doing laundry (just loading and unloading and folding, no carrying or anything. At 5 days pp I had my staples out and my incision opened back up and became infected. It was a deep wound that spread hip to hip under my skin. I was put on a wound vac for 3 weeks. Even though I felt better than my first, I could do much.

3. I heard doctor’s advice you not to have more than 3 CS. Not sure if my fibroid surgery will be considered 1, meaning after this CS I can only have 1 more kid or if the surgery is not counted then 2 more kids. I have heard different things. I think it all depends on the Dr and the patient. I am curious as to how they will classify your previous surgery. I ploan on trying for a vba2c this time. If it doesn't work out, it will be my 3rd in a row, obviously, and I am pretty sure my last pg. But, this will also 10th baby so it definitely puts me into a whole different category when it comes to how much more a uterus can take.

4. Did you have problems with scar tissues after your CS? I notice some painful stabbing down low with this pg and during my last labor, it felt ripping. I was being prepped for a c/s at the time and it freaked the nurses out a bit when I mentioned it. But, I also remember feeling the same pain when having contractions with my 4th. So, who knows what it was??

5. Is there a time period you are supposed to wait after CS before trying to have another kid? I have heard one year but I was pg with this one at 8 months. We weren't exactly trying but were also not preventing.

6. Was it difficult conceiving again after your CS? I had one m/c between my 1st c/s and the 2nd. It was a blighted ovum and my loss was at 10 weeks. I conceived that baby and the one I am pg with now after one pp af.

Good luck to you!! I hope everything goes well for you. If I do end up with a c/s this time, I am hopeful that my recovery will be easy. 3rd time's a charm, right?

June 18th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks much ladies. Feeling much better about cs after hearing your experiences.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search