What childbirthing methods are you using.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
What childbirthing methods do you plan to use during labor? For example, Hyppnobirthing, Hypnobabies, Lamaze, etc.

My friend is coming over to coach me in hypnobirthing, but I am also considering reading the Bradley Method.
June 17th, 2009, 08:38 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to be having a home waterbirth so I'm starting Hypnobabies soon. My midwife told me along with that she would also like me to read one of the Bradley books so I can be completely aware of the physiological changes my body will be going through at each stage. I was induced with my first so I feel like I basically wasn't there due to the epidural making me so drowsy and everything being very controlled. I am looking forward to being in control this time and actually feeling real non-pitocin contractions..lol! Good luck with your class!!
June 17th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Snowpeas
I don't really have a method, just winging it.

Last time I didn't take any childbirth classes or anything. My plan was to get the epidural immediately and just the thought of labor terrified me so I refused to think about it. lol

But I ended up laboring completely naturally until I hit transition and despite the intensity, it was a wonderful experience. In fact the minute she was born I knew that I wanted to do it again, it was AMAZING.

My dh was there and very supportive and between him being there and me concentrating on my breathing and relaxing between contractions I was able to cope very well. I surprised the heck out of myself! lol

This time I plan on doing the same thing although I've been thinking of taking a childbirth class "just for fun" since they're free here.
June 17th, 2009, 09:41 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
none!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

June 17th, 2009, 09:51 PM
CriscoNinja
Wingin' it... this is #3, from the first 2 I learned my methods, plans flew right out the window. So, My method is to go into labor, have a baby. If I need drugs, so be it... if not, GREAT! If I end up needing a section, it'll be fine! I'm just excited this time around since I'm not planning everything, I'm going to enjoy the ride!
June 17th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Peytonsmomma
doing the one day fast lamaze class and getting a epidural
June 18th, 2009, 06:39 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I really wanted to look into Hypnobirthing but no one near by offers the classes.

I want to go as naturally as possible but I'm not going to completely rule out an epi or pain meds. I don't want to set myself up for disappoint by saying that I'm going to do it all naturally and then giving in to pain management. I'm going to go with whatever works best for me during this birth just like I did with DS.

June 18th, 2009, 07:10 AM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am taking a 6 week lamaze class starting next month. I am also doing a water labor. My hospital only does water labor not water birth.
June 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm wingin' it too. And I'll be having medication.. I just pray this time around my labor isn't so long and the baby comes so fast that there's no time for the medication to wear off.. lol I felt nothing when Adriana was born.. I didn't even tear.. It was great! lol

June 18th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs. Brown
All natural. Hopefully no induction this time either. Even though it wasn't bad. But no pain meds or anything just at the hospital.

June 18th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs. Brown
All natural. Hopefully no induction this time either. Even though it wasn't bad. But no pain meds or anything just delivery at the hospital.

June 18th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
I'm winging it. My labor with DS wasn't challenging at all. I was induced because my water was leaking and I had an epi. But other than that he came right out. I'm more nervous this time around because I know what to expect even though I don't quite remember the pain. I just know that it hurt...LOL. I'm nervous about the epi because it didn't hurt the first time and I have a feeling it will this time. AND I'm terrified of a c-section. Man o Man I don't want a c-section.
June 18th, 2009, 08:09 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana's Mommy View Post
I'm wingin' it too. And I'll be having medication.. I just pray this time around my labor isn't so long and the baby comes so fast that there's no time for the medication to wear off.. lol I felt nothing when Adriana was born.. I didn't even tear.. It was great! lol
I'm actually really surprised by your answer. You seem very anti medication during pregnancy that it surprises me that you've already decided you want medication during labor. It still gets to the baby and can cause adverse effects.

June 18th, 2009, 09:07 AM
*Hayley*
no specific method, but I am trying for a pain med free birth this time around. I had an epi at 6 cm last time and i really didn't need it then. it also stalled labor a bit and they can to give me pitocin. not to mention it really only numbed my left leg and i felt everything as he came out, or at least i htink i did haha. we'll see, i'm really not opposed to having an epi again if i need it, i just think i can do it without.
June 18th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just plan to stay relaxed like I did for my last 2 (pain med free) births. I'm also planning to do this birth without pain medications. I have a feeling there won't be much time for them to get pain meds going even if I wanted them - there wasn't time last time, so I'm glad that was the plan all along.

June 18th, 2009, 10:07 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing the bradley method. I'm hoping for a natural childbirth at this point.

June 18th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No method. As natural as possible, but I won't refuse IV meds if I need them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search