Water Birth?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Im due on the 26 August with my first baby. Im going to RBWH in Brisbane, Australia. I have had a few drama's with them as far as getting a appointment with a doc goes. I now have to wait until im 4 weeks of having my baby to see a doctor!!

I am thinking of having a water birth and wanted to know if any of you have had one and what it's like. Also, can you have gas/pain releif with a water birth?

Thanks,
Tara
June 18th, 2009, 05:58 AM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First, let me start by saying hello and welcome, to JM and the group!!! Congrats on your pregnancy!!

I am upset to hear you can't get a doctor's appointment until 4 weeks before your delivery date!! That is crazy! Have you thought about possibly switching facilities or doctors?

As for the water birth, I do not have experience with this. I believe water births are usually medication free births. I know you can't do an epidural for sure if your doing a water birth, but I am unsure about other kinds of pain medication.

We hope you stick around and look forward to hearing more about you!

June 18th, 2009, 06:24 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
at my hospital I am having an "Unofficial" water birth with a midwife - what that means is technically in the state I am delivering in babie's can't be born in water, but my midwife group doesnt make you get out of the tub ... and the policy for my hospital for pain meds is that you absolutely cannot have any if you want to stay in the water. Not even a shot of stadol or something. The second anything goes into your body other than fluids, you are out of the tub permanately. I would ask your hospital what their policy is though because I am sure it varies from hospital, especially since you are in Australia and I am in the US

btw welcome and congrats on your pregnancy
Have you not seen a doctor at all then?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 18th, 2009, 07:26 AM
ericanicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not much help on the water birth topic but wanted to say hi and welcome you to the board!

Tags
birth , first baby , water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search