24 Week Appointment

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Had my latest appointment at the Birth Center yesterday! Everything is looking great, and it was a relief to me that I actually didn't have that much to complain about. My last pregnancy was so very difficult so I'm somewhat surprised to be feeling as good as I have been. My Blood Pressure was normal for me - 120/62, fundal height was measuring where it should, and Saige's heart rate was in the 150's. I've been having a lot of right side sciatic pain off and on, sometimes making it extreemly difficult to move around or even sit so she gave me some stretching advice. I go to chat about a topic of interest on my mind, been curious about good foods to bring when I go in labor. I probably won't even want to eat when it's time to have this baby, but in case I do I want to come prepared. She gave me some excellent suggestions, things like Odwalla drinks, those pregnancy Ensure drinks, maybe protien shake, an electrolyte drink such as Recharge, string cheese, bananas, Cereal or protien bars, & miso soup. After birth she suggested foods that are warm and have protien and iron in them like borritos and pasta. I tend to worry about my Iron since I've always been on the lowest end of normal, so I took some notes of foods that are healthy and high in Iron.

At my next appointment I'll be 28 weeks, in my Third Trimester and will start seeing them every two weeks ! I also have my Glucose screening next time. I have just 108 days left until my EDD, in in just a little over a week I'll be in the double digits! June 26th will be my day 100 It's amazing how time flies. I've been happy with friend's and family's responses to the name we chose for this little one. Everone seems to like Saige Amara, and I love being able to call her by name. She's moving tons, especially when I'm relaxing and I put my hand on my stomach. She always bumps my hand, it's the best feeling in the world . Midwife said she's somewhat head down but more side to side, kind of diaginal at this point where her head is towards my left hip. No worries of course, baby is gonna move all over the place and there's lots of time to get into position.

June 18th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Snowpeas
Sounds like a wonderful appt! Wow, it's amazing to think how fast the third trimester is coming
June 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
CriscoNinja
Yay for good appointments!! Glad everything is looking good!
June 18th, 2009, 12:44 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Glad to hear everything is going so well for you this time! Will you be delivering at a hospital or somewhere else?

I know most hospitals won't let you eat or drink anything while you are in labor which sucks. It's tough to go that long with nothing to eat or drink and I think for some women it makes labor much harder.

June 18th, 2009, 09:49 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Her name is so pretty! Glad you had such a great appointment, and that things are going so well this time.

June 19th, 2009, 02:34 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a good appointment.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

June 19th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow you got a lot accomplished in that appt- glad things are going so well!
June 19th, 2009, 06:22 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
wowsa! hard to believe that you are that close to every 2 weeks appointments!

June 19th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
Glad to hear everything is going so well for you this time! Will you be delivering at a hospital or somewhere else?

I know most hospitals won't let you eat or drink anything while you are in labor which sucks. It's tough to go that long with nothing to eat or drink and I think for some women it makes labor much harder.
I will be delivering at Puget Sound Midwives & Birth Center (Birth Center) and am hoping for a water birth. The midwives there encourage you to do what ever feels natural, so if you want to eat then eat... if you don't then don't.

June 19th, 2009, 08:03 AM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
Congrats ~ I'm glad you're having a much better pregnancy this time around

I know...it's completely crazy how the time is flying by. I was just looking at my counter and I only have 22 days until I am to day 100. WOW! I just can't believe I'm already past the half way mark. hehe.

June 19th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Super Mommy
YAY!!! Congrats in reaching 24 weeks, the viability milestone. I remember when 6 months seems so far away, I cant believe we are almost all there. Every 2 weeks yikesI was actually going ask this question on my next appt. Im looking forward to the biweekly appts. I wish we could do an u/s every appt
June 19th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you had an awesome appointment. I am so jealous, we don't have any birthing centers near where I live, but our hospital is equipped with a tub, but it's only used for labor, not pushing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search