deployment

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2009, 09:11 PM
kathopson1's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone I just found out today my hubby might be leaving in july to iraq. He wont be here for my c section. Im worried that something will go wrong and he wont be here. I dont know what else to say, but that im worried about him, my son and my baby. I have done deployments before, but I wasnt pregnant. I have to be the wife, mother, dad and husband. I dont know if I have the energy this time to even worry about my hubby.
June 18th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry about this. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel right now. All I can really say is "thank you." It really shows the true sacrifice an entire family of a soldier makes when there is strife in our country. Your family will be in my family's prayers. They don't have a hugs button that I can find, but hugs to you.
June 18th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks alote.....I needed that. I would never ask my hubby not to go, cuz i know how important it is to him. Im just scared to be alone with two kids and no help...pluse my c section. I just wanted to tell someone, cuz I wont tell him my concerns so he feels guilty.
June 18th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Snowpeas

Wow, that is a lot to deal with! I admire the reasons you don't want to talk to your dh about this - feel free to vent here. Wish we lived closer so we could help physically but we can be your moral support.
June 18th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks I will do that........
June 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Veteran
--- it's alot to take on alone -- but you can do it -- I'm sure you are going to build a great support system on Just Mommies -- even though we won't really be there in person we will always be here if you need someone to talk to .

Thank you --- it is a big sacarfice that miltary families make when someone gets deployed. I'm sure recovering from a section and having 2 kids alone is going to be a big adjustment -- but we are moms and we can handle anything and everything!!
June 19th, 2009, 05:15 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

but You will do great...how long will he be gone?
We are all here for support

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

June 19th, 2009, 06:00 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww sweetie, I'm sorry. I do believe it takes a special woman to be a military wife. I really hope your DH doesn't end up having to go and gets to be home for you and the baby. I just can't imagine not seeing my baby born and as a Mom I can't imagine my DH not being there. Do you have family that could come help you for a couple of weeks, while you recover? T&P and

June 19th, 2009, 06:24 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im sorry girl!

Do you have family or friends that can be around to be there with you and help?

June 19th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Super Mommy
Big HUGS! As a military wife, I feel for you!! We'll be stationed at Fort Bragg here in a few months. Are you close to it by chance?
Not sure what my hubby's schedule looks like yet. Because we're moving, I have NO clue what to expect. I had a c-section with my first and am hoping for a VBAC this time. We'll see what happens. My mom is coming out for 10 or so days and then my in-laws after that.
Sorry to hear this news! Please make sure that you talk to your husband. You could get resentful if you don't. HUGS!
June 19th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you are facing this big hurdel alone. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I also wanted to say thank to you and your family for your service and sacrifice.
June 19th, 2009, 08:51 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((((HUGS)))) I'm so sorry you have to do this alone. I don't lnow how the wives of our service men do it. You are a very strong woman and I admire you greatly. I would also like to thank you and your family for making me feeling safe.
June 19th, 2009, 09:03 AM
*Hayley*
i don't know what it's like to be a military wife, but i'd also like to offer my thanks to you. your family goes through tough times to keep us all safe, and that is invaluable. please feel free to vent your concerns whenever, we're all here to support you. lots and lots of hugs
June 19th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Super Mommy
Wow, I can't imagine. My T&P are with you and your family. By the Grcae of God your c-section will be successful. If your hubby ends up going to Iraq, may God guide and protect him through his service in Iraq. He will come back to you and your babies safe and sound.
June 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks everyone.....My grandma lives here, but just like my last section. Im planning on doing it all on my own. My hubby should only be gone for 6 months. He doesnt want to go cuz he wants to be here for the birth, but we both know that if they need him he will go.
June 19th, 2009, 10:48 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
From one military wife to another, I know the pains of deployment both pregnant and not pregnant. Dh was in Iraq for Xavier's birth though I had a doula and a terrific ob. I know you said you were going to do it alone but think about getting a doula. I got mine free using Operation Special Delivery which dedicated it's doula's to pregnant wives of deployed military.

HUGS to you and if you ever need to talk I'm here. Yes, I know I'm in Italy but heck, I have free international phone calls to the US AND email is always free...

Last edited by TulipDawn; June 19th, 2009 at 12:16 PM.
June 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Thank you for that website, but I dont think they can help with c sections.
June 19th, 2009, 11:20 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
I don't know how army wives/husbands do it...honestly I just don't. A great big thank you for the sacrifices you make for me and my family as well as all of the other Americans. I couldn't live my life never knowing what's around the next bend, not having my dh at home with me on a daily basis, worrying and wondering about my dh and if he's been hurt.

Great big to you

Please feel free to talk on JM as much as you need to and any time you'd like you can PM me or email me. I'm definitely around and I think the more support you have the easier it will be for you.

You can do this....day by day...you will get through!!

Jan

June 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhappy36 View Post
I don't know how army wives/husbands do it...honestly I just don't. A great big thank you for the sacrifices you make for me and my family as well as all of the other Americans. I couldn't live my life never knowing what's around the next bend, not having my dh at home with me on a daily basis, worrying and wondering about my dh and if he's been hurt.

Great big to you

Please feel free to talk on JM as much as you need to and any time you'd like you can PM me or email me. I'm definitely around and I think the more support you have the easier it will be for you.

You can do this....day by day...you will get through!!

Jan
Thank you so much I really did need that.....I will take you up on the talk. Thanks again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search