Ok, once again... lol @ Bringing Home Baby

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Will you have help after baby is here?
Yes, and I'll take every minute of it! 12 34.29%
Yes, and I don't really want it, but I'm being nice... 2 5.71%
Nope, just me or me and SO... 20 57.14%
Nope, and man I wish I had some... 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM
CriscoNinja
I sort of feel bad, I watch this show just to laugh! This woman is having her mom stay with her all summer after the baby is born. And it's her first! And her MIL will be there for a week after.

I guess it's just so weird for me since I had zero help. none, zilch, zero. In fact with both of mine I had no help. And this time I don't expect any either... no offense to those who want/need help!

It's just such a foreign idea to me.

Do any of you plan on having help? Or are avidly denying help?

** Ok, now she's trying to learn to bf in front of her whole family!

Last edited by CriscoNinja; June 19th, 2009 at 09:10 AM.
June 19th, 2009, 09:11 AM
*Hayley*
my mom came out for week when i had my son and she was GREAT! now we live only 6 miles from one another so i think she'll help out with Cohen while we get adjusted to having the new baby. I'm happy to take what i can get
June 19th, 2009, 09:32 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first, we were in England. So help???? LOL No, we didn't have any. With my second, we were around family, but no, no help. I wouldn't like someone in my home, helping me. I'm just not like that. I prefer, my house, my husband, my kids, that's it!

June 19th, 2009, 09:36 AM
kathopson1's Avatar Veteran
No help with my first and no help with my sec.....Doesnt matter if they show up but im not looking for any. Would be great tho.
June 19th, 2009, 09:44 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I was watching one of these shows yesterday I think it may have been birth day and some lady had a 11lb 3ounce baby.. by c-section but still thats huge! lol ok so that was way off topic but I had to share.

June 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD we had no help & didn't want any. People were pretty respectful of that. I think my MIL wishes we were a little less capable because she always makes comments about 'how much help I'm going to need' this time around and how I can't be a 'control freak' and have to let people help me . . . I don't really feel like I want help though. I like my house to be me, df and my kids. Not us and MIL. No waaay!! She's even told me "I'm keeping all my vacation days until then so I can come over every morning and help out" ......... Um, Thanks...but No Thanks!! I mean taking DD for a sleep over or out to the park - totally fine. But to just hang out in my house every morning?? No thanks

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
June 19th, 2009, 10:46 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't vote because I don't know how I'll feel until Baby Billy gets here. I know I will need help since this will be my first, but I don't know how much I will welcome. I know I don't want someone there every second of the day.
June 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Even though this is my first I am telling family to stay away for the first two weeks. DH has paternity leave and wants to be really hands on. I'd rather take the time to bond as a family and get a semblence of a routine down before handling everyone else's opinions, personally. When he goes back to work everyone can fly in and "help!" It'd be different if this was our second and we needed an extra set of hands but I think we can handle it with two adults vs. one baby. Who knows I may be frantically calling my mother at 3am but I hope not.
June 19th, 2009, 12:14 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm.. maybe I'm the odd one out?

With my daughter, I had an emergency c-section. I was still recovering from the surgery, so taking care of a newborn on my own? No way! I couldn't even get out of bed without someone helping me. I did what I could, but between breastfeeding, recovering from the surgery and taking care of her.. I needed help!

A few days a week, my husband's grandma would come over to help out a little bit. I don't think I could have done it without her.

If I had had her vaginally, probably. But I had staples in my belly and I couldn't even walk around the house without use of the furniture and walls as support.

This time around, I'm having a scheduled c-section, so it won't be as hard of a recovery. I'm not sure if I'll need help this time, but I'm guessing yes because a new born, breastfeeding, recovering from a major surgery AND a toddler.
June 19th, 2009, 12:17 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
this is our first baby and some people in our family think we are going to need 24/7 help. i mean, my MIL wants to come down here and stay with us for 2-3 months. she says she will get up with the baby at night, etc.. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! she is a nice woman, but we really want our space and time to ourselves to bond/adjust. we want to learn things ourselves, you know? luckily, we live in the same town as my parents so if we ever do need help, they aren't far at all.

June 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Peytonsmomma
this is our first, and i would love it if my mom could come and help but she's disabled so...
i think it will just be dF and me
June 19th, 2009, 01:12 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sure family will be in and out. I am not sure who yet. It is not so much for help as is it that everyone wants to see the baby but I am sure they will help while they are here
June 19th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have any help with my first, and really didn't want any. With my second my Grandmother came for 2 weeks and she was great. She took dd for walks, and helped me around the house but totally left the mothering up to me which is exactally what I wanted. This time she is coming for 3 weeks, but part of that is that I don't get to see her too often because she is all the way in Arizona.
June 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
I had DS at 20 and I lived with my parents at the time. So of course they helped. I wouldn't have had it any other way. My parent's don't force anything on me. If something they say makes sense I take the advice, if not, I let it go in one ear and out the other. I love that they were hands on. When DS was about a week old...I almost had a nervous breakdown. I was sooooo TIRED!!! My parent's took him and let me sleep for most of the day. After that I was totally fine. If they wouldn't have been there, I don't know what I would have done. My son is soooo attached to the both of them it's cute. My parent's, especially my dad, is up in age (75) so I'm glad he's getting the chance to be around my son and my son gets an opportunity to be close to him.
June 19th, 2009, 04:22 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont plan on having any help. SO is planning on taking some time off work to help me hehe. If I end up having an emergency c-section I want my mom to come help (so she can help me keep up with laundry and cooking), but I think that would be the only situation where I'd want someone in my house for an extended time.

June 19th, 2009, 04:40 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will have help either by someone he;lping with Breana or both. but only for a week

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 19th, 2009, 04:56 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If my mom were still around I might want her here.. but since she isn't I think I have a totally different viewpoint on things.
No WAY do I want people crowding me when Parker first arrives! When people did that with Holden I really wanted to choke them all out.
Maybe a friend or two here or there, but no way in hell would I EVER have someone stay with me to help. the thought icks me out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBellski View Post
With DD we had no help & didn't want any. People were pretty respectful of that. I think my MIL wishes we were a little less capable because she always makes comments about 'how much help I'm going to need' this time around and how I can't be a 'control freak' and have to let people help me . . . I don't really feel like I want help though. I like my house to be me, df and my kids. Not us and MIL. No waaay!! She's even told me "I'm keeping all my vacation days until then so I can come over every morning and help out" ......... Um, Thanks...but No Thanks!! I mean taking DD for a sleep over or out to the park - totally fine. But to just hang out in my house every morning?? No thanks
ugh that sounds way too familiar, only my MIL decided to come out for Holden's birthday and is PRAYING I go into a labor (a month early, gee thanks lady!) so she can "stay and help"
only I DO NOT want her to stay and help. I don't even want her here period. I don't want her anywhere me and Parker.

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

June 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is no way I'd allow either my MIL or my mother to come and "help".

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

June 19th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom is coming for 3 weeks in November to help out but I didnt have help with my first 2. DH was in the Air Force so they gave him 2 weeks off for each baby, so that was all the help we really needed at the time...this time will be different, he will have to go back to work probably just a few days after I have baby boy so I will be VERY glad to see my mom when she gets here!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search