Got the sugar drink today

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2009, 07:00 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so not looking forward to mine. Makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

June 19th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have mine next month so I have awhile to go... at least you'll get yours over with!
June 19th, 2009, 08:21 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got mine today too and am NOT looking forward to it. nassttyyyyyy. I had to take it twice and the second time I had a serious sugar crash and started shaking & sweating. Don't want that to happen again!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

June 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I honestly don't think it's that bad.. I prefer the orange one to the lime one.. I had to do the lime drink when I did the 3 hours test, which I failed.. lol But with this pregnancy I don't have to do that test.. No thanks.. Plus, I think I would get such a headache from all that sugar since I've been eating so healthy the past 5 months.. Heck, I get headaches when I eat white bread.. Who knows what would happen if I had strait sugar.. lol

June 19th, 2009, 09:45 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get my test done next week. I'll make sure they don't give me fruit punch.
June 20th, 2009, 06:26 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think the orange is bad, to me it taste like orange slice. I didn't have to take it at all this pregnancy, already knew I was diabetic. Good luck on your test!!

June 20th, 2009, 07:09 AM
*Hayley*
am i the only one who has to take this twice? i already took it at 16 weeks, and i think i have it again at 28 weeks. i've never have gestational diabetes, or any type of blood sugar problems at all. i'm thinking it might be because cohen was so big at birth 9lb9oz and that automatically makes me "high risk" at the end of the pregnancy, even though i had no health problems whatsoever and neither did he.

anyway, at 16 weeks i did the lemon lime, yuck! and i passed it after having a carbo-filled lunch and two cookies. the didn't tell me to fast and i forgot i was taking the test lol.

last pregnancy i only had to take it once and it was fruit punch, a little easier to swallow.
June 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hayley* View Post
am i the only one who has to take this twice? i already took it at 16 weeks, and i think i have it again at 28 weeks. i've never have gestational diabetes, or any type of blood sugar problems at all. i'm thinking it might be because cohen was so big at birth 9lb9oz and that automatically makes me "high risk" at the end of the pregnancy, even though i had no health problems whatsoever and neither did he.
Yes, it's because he was so big.. Anything over 9 lbs is a big baby and usually moms that have big babies are at risk for developing GD.. I had GD with my daughter and she was a 6 lb 15 oz's baby and she was born at 39 weeks and 2 days.. She was a peanut when she was born. My older sister had 2 boys and one was almost 10 lbs and the other was delivered a week early and was almost 9 lbs.. But she didn't have gestational diabetes.. But it makes me wonder, if I didn't eat right, would I have had a big baby like her? who knows.. It's funny how it all works..

June 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
I remember mine from DD it was the fruitpunch one and I'll never drink that stuff again. I puked. So I ended up having to drink another one and wait 3 hours in the office. I'm so not looking forward to doing it again. Good luck with everyone and their tests!

June 20th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
I have to take it twice too. I took it at 20 weeks and I have to take it again at 28 weeks. It's because i'm overweight. They haven't told me my results yet which probably means everything was good. I had the fruit punch kind and it was fine to me. It tasted like flat fruit punch soda...the cheap kind...LOL! With DS I had the orange and they didn't have any that were cold so I had to drink it warm!!! It was the most discusting thing ever!!!!!
June 20th, 2009, 10:49 AM
kwarrell's Avatar Veteran
Ha.. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't think it was all that bad. I actually remember licking my lips when I had to drink it last time.

Thank you Eleanor Rigby for my awesome siggy!

Proud Member of Team BLUE

C-Section Scheduled for 10/21/09 @ 3:00pm!
June 20th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Peytonsmomma
i think i take mine next month
June 20th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh no, now I am not looking forward to this at all. Good thing it is a few weeks away yet. i have gag reflex so hopefully I keep it down.
June 20th, 2009, 06:23 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
BLECH! I hate that stuff too!! I almost always fail my first one too (lol) and then have to go back for the 3 hour...I REALLY HATE that one! I always pass the second though...no fun!

June 21st, 2009, 07:24 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hayley* View Post

anyway, at 16 weeks i did the lemon lime, yuck! and i passed it after having a carbo-filled lunch and two cookies. the didn't tell me to fast and i forgot i was taking the test lol.

last pregnancy i only had to take it once and it was fruit punch, a little easier to swallow.
Ha! My dr suggested I do it when I started my 2nd trimester but I refused because they were basing it on my weight and I have never had sugar problems, pregnant or not, so I told him that I'd take it when everyone else takes it unless my sugars start going up on my "daily pee" to the visit to the officce.They haven't mentioned it about 3rd trimester yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search