Anyone else .... (nursery question)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM
CriscoNinja
Is anyone else not doing a theme? We're not but I have a few reasons...

The baby will have its own room ( i don't trust my 8 yr old's "help" lol) for about a year and then the girls will share a room. I'm not doing a theme for many reasons:

1. We're flat broke.
2. This isn't our permanent residence.(we're still hoping to get a house in the next 2 yrs)
3. This is #3, and my others even my first had no theme until they were older, and then it was the sticker type dealies and were mostly blue's clues, etc.
4. I have such a mish mash of blankets, crib sheets etc that I'm good there, but nothing matches!

Anyone else not doing a theme or holding off on one?

And BTW I LOVE LOVE the pics of the theme nurseries, so keep em coming! I like to live vicariously...
June 19th, 2009, 08:34 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no theme here! Holden's didn't have a theme either until we found sticky monkeys and leaves to put on his walls last month

This baby is getting the office, which is painted red & tan- so we're just gonna get whatever goes with that

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

June 19th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
We are not going crazy with a theme.. To me, it's kinda a waste of money since in a couple years the room will need to look more grown up.. I learned this with Adriana.. For my little boy, we are doing a Dallas Cowboy theme.. At least this theme can be used until he grows out of his toddler bed..

June 20th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Super Mommy
No theme here! Chase didn't have one either and now both my babies will be sharing a room (once baby girl isn't getting up 40x a night lol) so there is no real room for a "theme" per-say.
June 20th, 2009, 06:17 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm too OCD to not do a theme. It's just one of my weird quirks. lol Just about all the rooms in my house have a theme, DH thinks I'm a weirdo. lol But if you have all the stuff already and it doesn't bother you to not have a theme, I don't see the big deal. The baby certainly won't know the difference.

June 20th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
I don't know about a theme or anything but the crib set we are getting is jungle animals. I don't see myself going over board with it. The most I'll probably do is get some stuffed animals.
June 20th, 2009, 08:02 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
No theme here really. I've found a little bit of everything so we will see how that goes...
June 20th, 2009, 09:18 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting a lot of second hand stuff given to us, so while its all in great condition, it doesnt really match or belong to any theme. But I'm not going to complain...free stuff!...we'll find a way to bring it all together once we get it set up.
June 20th, 2009, 09:38 AM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No theme.. or nursery really. She'll be in our room in a cradle for the first few months, then she'll share a room with our daughter.

The first time around I had a theme. I even had a mural painted on the wall!!! I think now that we've "been there done that" we've realized that a theme isn't all that important and we'd rather spend the money on other things.

The only things we have to buy are a cradle and toddler bed, lol.

Like you though, we're flat broke and this isn't our permanent residence by any means (living with my parents now and we own a condo that we'll be moving back into after the baby is born).
June 20th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Kyleah's Mama ツ's Avatar Veteran
i'm probably not going to do a theme, just colors

pink and brown

to match her crib which is dark coffee color.. yum.. lol

bf wants to do a theme... but they are SO expensive for name brand stuff....
this is my first baby, but i'm flat broke too
June 20th, 2009, 11:12 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
With DD I had the financial ability to go all out and do a nursery and we did a Winnie the Pooh theme. With this little boy he'll be lucky to have his own room since we currently live in a very small 2 bdrm apt. and will definately have moved before he's born. If I can find an affordable 2 bdrm place then he'll have his own room until I get DD back and then they'll share a room so I'm not doing a theme. I don't have any furniture or baby stuff left except lots of blankets and crib sheets so he's going to get whatever we can afford. If it matches great, if not all well, he won't notice

June 20th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Peytonsmomma
we aren't doing a theme, all the big stuff has been handed down to us, including the paint for the walls which we are getting for free, living on unemployment you can't buy that much.
her walls are going to be pink and we have a cream color left over from the trim in the living room.
everything else is mismatched, but she's a baby she won't know the difference
June 20th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Pautzie's Avatar Veteran
Since we only have 2 rooms other than the master the new baby will have to share with either my son or my daughter - but not until he/she is older. So.... the baby will take on the theme of whatever room they are moving into. My son's room is Chicago Cubs/baseball themed and my daughter's room is Baby Martex Blossom's themed.
June 20th, 2009, 02:51 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No theme here! I gave my hubby our extra bedroom for his guitars and amps, etc because the room heats up too much in the summer to put a baby in there. SO, we're just putting the baby in our room. He'll get half of the room. Going with a white crib and the bedding set will have animals on it...sort of soft colors..greens, yellows, and blues. Then just going to have a nice white chest for his things. Then when we move next year we'll get him set up in his own space. Plus, since I'll be nursing it will be easier to pop up out of bed to grab him for night nursings and diaper changes. Now if I could only find a crib I like that isn't going to cost a fortune..lol!
June 20th, 2009, 04:33 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No theme here. I am too cheap for that and too broke. Baby will be getting the office/guest bedroom. The walls are already painted blue so I will try to do mostly brown and blue. But if I find a good deal on something that is not that color then I am not going to stress.

June 20th, 2009, 06:56 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
We probably won't do a theme here. We decked Noah's room out in Monkeys with painted murals and furniture to match...and he just got to sleep in it for the first time a couple of nights ago lol. Noah has been nursed for the first 15 months of his life, and all of our kids' rooms are upstairs, but ours is downstairs. When our others were this young, we lived in a house where all the rooms were upstairs so they all slept in "their" rooms. Noah has roomed with us since he was born and this baby will probably do the same for at LEAST a year. After that, he'll share a room with either Camden or Noah So...a theme is sort of a waste for us, and we LOVE monkies...so I'm not sure that anything else would make me totally happy Well..frogs might. LOL. We may have to add some frog murals to the monkies

June 21st, 2009, 07:21 AM
*TJM*'s Avatar Veteran
No theme here right now. For the first few months he will be in his bassinet in our room. After the new yr we are building ourselves a new bedroom & he will move into room with Brayden, so I am holding off even setting up the crib until then.

June 21st, 2009, 01:14 PM
Veteran
No theme, just colors. Pink, yellow and green in a "bubble" pattern with a coorinating stripe accent. It's a bedding set that I found that I love because it can transition very easily to a toddler room as well. It's not too baby-ish. I'm going to buy the window valance and make some other accessories to match.

This is our first, so I really think I just need to get it out of my system to do up a baby room just like I want it.

x2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search