Mommy~2~Spencer

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2009, 09:43 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope I got the spelling of your username correct!

Hi!

... preggo brain is making me draw a blank here!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

June 22nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
Hi!!!! I'm so sorry I haven't checked this yet! I completely forgot about this forum. LOL

So how's the weather up there in Virginia??

June 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
no worries! I'm not here in the DDC as often as i'd like to be, I get sidetracked way too easily trying to keep my PR from dwindling into nothingness

Weather is humid and nasty. I wouldn't mind the heat if it weren't for the humidity! Boob & butt sweat are not a cute look!

I've only ever driven through Texas, or had a layover there on the way to CA

Was this baby a planned baby for you? Mine sure wasn't!!

June 22nd, 2009, 09:45 PM
My cycles were so screwy and we really weren't careful at all. I honestly didn't think I would end up pg because going two months in btwn. periods..what are the odds if you're not charting and temping and stuff? LOL

So this baby was a surprise. We haven't bought anything for him yet. Spencer is still so young that we still have everything of his. I think the only things we have to buy are some NB outfits (still have an abundance packed away in all the other sizes), diapers, I want the arm's reach co sleeper bassinet that I didn't get with Spencer..and eventually a new jumper since we gave Spencer's to a relative. And that's pretty much it. What all have you bought for Parker so far?

June 23rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
Same here! Weird...
I went to my annual OBGYN and that's when they told me and I thought it was completely impossible. My words were something like "Have to have sex to get pregnant", we'd been remodeling the ENTIRE month of January and there was no time for sex, plus the incredibly long cycles and late ovulation.
Odd situation to find myself in. I even called my Dr a liar and made her dip another test.

I wish I would have been smart and NOT given away/sold 75% of Holden's stuff but we really didn't expect to have another child so soon, and especially not another boy. We had to completely re-buy a wardrobe for Parker for 12 months and under.

We've basically bought everything already. Craigslist & yardsales.. just couldn't pass up the good deals! We still need more clothes, diapers & formula but we're doing well so far on getting prepared.

Are you gonna have the boys share rooms?
I think I might when they get older but I already feel bad bringing a screaming baby into the house and disrupting Holden's sleep.. I can't imagine putting Parker in the same room as him right now! Holden was a terrible reflux baby, screaming up to 7 hrs a night straight.. I might have to soundproof our room and Parker's nursery
here's to hoping he's reflux free!

June 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Spencer has always been a bit of a light sleeper though he has gotten better about it. I don't think I'll push my luck and have them share a room. We have a three bedroom house so it won't be a problem. We are going to move Spencer to his big boy room and into his big boy bed here in the next month or two. And for the first month or two after the baby is born, he'll be in his co-sleeper bassinet in our room anyway.

So are you a SAHM or do you work? What does your husband do? I'm a SAHM mom though we're hoping to put Spencer in daycare in a couple of months (before the baby is born) if DF gets this job we're praying for. I think we still have another week or so before we hear back about it. I feel bad for Spencer though. He spends all day every day with me and I can tell he gets bored. Right now we are working with one car so I can't take him anywhere and it's way too hot to play outside during the day. Plus there are things I just can't teach him..like sharing. He needs to be around other kids his age. And I can tell he wants to because of the way he acts when he is with other children. He loves having friends and playing.

Oh BTW..do you want to exchange cell phone #'s so we can update the boards about each other if we need to? I prefer to text if you can.

June 25th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Transitioning to a big boy bed isn't as bad as everyone says! Holden falls out on occasion but he never screamed all night or anything just because he wasn't in his crib.

I'm a SAHM, wouldn't have it any other way! Never planned to be in the beginning but my pregnancy with holden was so incredibly rough that I was put on bed rest starting at about.. 26 weeks. So we're coming up on that mark pretty soon and i'm a little worried about it. Much more pain this time around, a lot more intense braxton hicks.. but my blood pressure has been stellar which was the main concern last time.
I do worry about Holden not getting socialized enough.. but I don't like any of the play groups around here to be honest, and we don't have 'the little gym' or 'gymboree' anywhere near me so that isn't an option either. He sees his cousins and plays pretty well with them, and I try to teach him to share with me he occupies himself in some seriously weird ways. He did get bored a lot around Spencer's age that I can remember but now that he really loves books and animals and shapes and colors he seems to have much fuller days.
I wish I could work just for the money aspect, but I fear risking my health all over again, and who would hire me now anyways? People around here suck!!

cell phone #s would be great, I love to text! I warn you- if this pregnancy turns out to be anything like Holden's.. i'll unfortunately be in the hospital a lot
never amounts to anything- Holden had to be forced out!

What is your due date? Mine is Oct 8th, but Parker has been measuring ahead.. quite a bit.. a little concerned he'll be earlier, and I DON'T want him to be. Holden's bday is in September and I don't want them to have to share a birthday month and one of them get the shaft when it comes to parties, KWIM?

June 25th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I was put on bedrest with Spencer starting at about 7 weeks and ended around 18-20 weeks. And even though my dr said I was clear from bedrest and could go about things normally, I still put myself on pelvic rest for another 8 weeks. LOL Poor DF...

Yeah I would like to work too. I love being a SAHM mostly but I also like my breaks and like to be around other adults. I think it makes me a better mommy. So hopefully DF gets this job, Spencer can play with other kids all day long while I finish getting the house in order (we just moved a few months ago) and prepare for the new baby. I haven't checked out this particular daycare we plan to send Spencer to yet. I know we will before we enroll him but I kinda trust the place because our best friends have a son who is 6 weeks older than Spencer and they personally know the director and she gives them a discounted rate..which they said she would give us too. I know his father is wayyy overprotective when it comes to his son and I'm sure they scoped this place inside and out before letting their son go there.

I'm due Oct 27th..right before Halloween. My 2nd favorite holiday! Christmas comes in 1st! I'm pretty sure we won't be dressing the baby up for Halloween but we want to take Spencer for his first trick-or-treating experience. I'm looking forward to dressing this baby up in a cute santa outfit this xmas though! I didn't get to with Spencer because he was almost 11 months old when Xmas rolled around..couldn't find any santa outfits in his size.

I keep hearing about gymboree play dates or something for little kids and toddlers. Is that like the store Gymboree? Because we have one here....MIL shops there ALL the freakin' time. I'm glad we're having another boy. Spencer had so many clothes he didn't get to wear them all. I tried to make sure he wore the expensive ones the most..like Gymboree..but ya know, some of their clothes just aren't that dang cute. Not for the price tag anyway. LOL But she likes to blow money like it's water and it's usually on Spencer...so whatever.

July 2nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
The Gymboree play thing is ran by Gymboree.. but not at all their stores. It's weird. We have one in the mall right down the street but the closest play-date is like 45 minutes away!

Sorry it took me so long to get back in here- having some SERIOUS MIL issues lately. She bought tickets to come here in September for Holden's birthday without asking us first, and I strongly dislike the woman for a billion different reasons so that set me off. I don't want her here around me or Holden when i'm 9 months pregnant. I'll bite her evil head off.

I still have Holden's Halloween costume from his first go, a hotdog! It'll probably be big on Parker but I don't feel like buying another Holden was only a little over a month old when he wore it anyways.

Nap time!

July 7th, 2009, 04:11 PM
We have a Gymboree here at our mall..I'll have to look into the play-date thing.

Haha that's kinda funny about your MIL. Don't you just love it when they assume things? LOL
How did that turn out? Is she still coming?

I keep worrying about Spencer's first Halloween. I'm hoping that, since I'm due on the 27th, that maybe I'll still be pregnant on Halloween so I can be there with him. If I end up in the hospital or have a newborn on Halloween I'm sure DF's parents will want to take him and I'm not letting that happen. And they are not keeping our newborn son unsupervised. LOL Not until he's way older. But Spencer is still too young to understand Halloween anyway so I'll just put his first trick-or-treating off until next year if that's the case.

July 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Oh i'm sure she's still coming, but i'm to the point where i'm not allowing her in this house- and if she does come in this house I will take Holden and leave.
Lonnnnggg story as to how it got this fair- but there's really only so many times i can be disrespected and deal with it because of her relation to my husband.
How is it, she's the one being disrespectful, yet i'm the one who's made out to be the bad guy?
And aren't husbands supposed to take our sides??

What you could do for Spencer if you DO have the baby right before Halloween is get him dressed up and just take him to a few houses? maybe have daddy stay home with new baby? I found Holden really enjoyed trick or treating (the first time he was 1 month old, second time a little over a year but couldn't walk) but got VERY tired early on. He definitely won't be angry about not making all the rounds

I'm not quite sure what we'll do either. I'm due on the 8th, but our weather is wacky and I don't want a teeny tiny out in the cold for very long.

July 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM

July 20th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I'm sorry! I haven't been on much recently and we went out of town this past weekend.

Yeah I think if I do end up having the baby before Halloween we can just take Spencer to the few houses we have here on our street. Our street dead ends into a cul de sac and there's only 10 or 15 houses..I guess that's enough. LOL
It's still warm here around Halloween so I'm not too worried about a little baby being out as long as he's properly dressed and such. But if he's really newborn..like days old, then no, he can stay home with Daddy and I'll take him.

Ugh, I have to say, getting away this weekend to go see my family was the best thing ever! I got a break from this place and my family got to see Spencer. I am a bit irritated with my mother though. She never comes down here to see us. She came down for Spencer's first birthday party but that was the last time. Every other time I've had to BEG and REMIND her constantly to come visit. It really embarrasses me because DF's parents notice and casually mention it sometimes (not trying to hurt my feelings). There's no reason for her not to visit but she will come up with a thousand different excuses why she can't at the time. Instead we have our inconvience ourselves and pack up not only our crap but Spencer's (you know how much extra stuff they require to travel with) and drive 3 hours up there with money we don't have for gas just so everyone can see him. I keep telling myself that I'm not doing it for her, I'm doing it for my grandparents on both sides that are too weak and sick to travel. It just upsets me though. Even when she does visit, she'll get here early AFTERNOON the day of and leave early afternoon the next day. Usually claiming she has laundry to do before work or the dog to take to the vet, or her SO she wants to see..whom she sees a crap load more than us but apparently it's still not enough. Ugh..sorry this turned into a rant. LOL I'll shut up.

How have you guys been?

July 22nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Trust me, I understand! Thomas' family, and half of my family is the same way.

Ok, you're old, I get that.. but try packing up ridiculous amounts of crap and a toddler and driving a long distance and tell me which is more of a pain?
The only reason his grandparents ever came to see us is because they were on the way somewhere ELSE. His sister has never met Holden. His brother happened to be at his grandparent's house when we drove 3 hrs there while Holden screamed the whole time because he'd just been diagnosed with GERD (they guilted us into going, I was not pleased), so that's the only reason he's met him.. his Dad has never met him..
and my mom's family has never been to our house or even wanted to come visit. We've always had to go there.
Only ones we can count on is my Dad & his family, but really only my Dad. He comes over once a week.. even that I feel like is because his wife has prayer group (aka the 'bitter old bitties' club) and he doesn't wanna be there and we always feed him good food haha

So yes, long winded way of saying I totally get where you're coming from!

We've been fighting about Thomas' mom.. STILL. Now apparently she's having hip surgery and might not come in September? I mean, yeah, that works for me.. but it doesn't solve the problem of her being disrespectful towards me. It's a bandaid on something that needs staples!
My pregnancy has taken a turn for the awful.
My blood pressure is still good (knock on wood), but I gained 10 lbs in the past month.. and I exercise 5 days a week! crazy.
That and my braxton hicks are getting so bad lately that I literally have to stop and breathe through them. Never had to do that with Holden.
All those tummy issues you're having? Count me in on those, too. I am scared to go to bed every night in fear i'll wake up at 3am with that god awful pain and have to run to the toilet and crap myself crazy.

I don't want to have Parker early, not at ALL, I just wish it were October already!!!

How are you feeling? Stomach feeling any better?

July 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
I actually feel a lot better this morning! Yesterday I didn't even have the energy to clean the house plus I had the stomach pains. So I've got double duty today. I so badly want to nap right now with Spencer. But I know if I do I won't get anything done and the IL's are coming over for dinner tonight (read: visit/play with Spencer) and for DF's dad to work on our other car. I think I'm going to start trying to teach Spencer to help me pick up his toys. LOL I hate all that bending over. He loves to throw his diapers away in the trash so maybe this will be "fun" for him too.

What are your plans for this weekend? Tomorrow we are dropping Spencer off with his favorite great aunt to visit with her while we do our grocery shopping and errands. Then we're taking him over to DF's parents to spend the night while we have a date night and go catch a movie or something. Saturday and Sunday I'm trying to plan fun things for Spencer to do with us as a family. I was thinking Saturday we would take him to the park or to our friends house so he could play with their son who is about the same age. Sunday I think we're going to go to the beach. He's only been once but he LOOOVED it. Hehe
The pics in my siggy are from his first beach trip.

July 23rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Is it sad Holden has NEVER been to the beach and we live on a peninsula surrounded by them? bad mommy!!!

I nap with Holden every day. Really need to stop doing that and let him nap on his own but I really just can't seem to help myself
I've been trying SO hard to get Holden to help me pick up his toys.. and sometimes he will if he sees me doing it.. and THEN we went to my Dad's house and guess what my evil step mother did? Dumped out a bucket of toys right in front of him. So now guess what he loves to do? Mmhmm, you guessed it.
I was PISSED. Now we have to start all over with the cleaning up stuff. Not going so well so far!

My computer is sucking so your siggy isn't working for me right now

I think we're going to see our friends and their new baby this weekend if they don't cancel AGAIN. Their baby... I hate to say it, is so not cute not even a little. I'm hoping she turns into a gorgeous toddler. Or maybe pictures don't do her justice. Ick.

Hope you have fun on your date night! Thomas and I have not been out alone since Jan of 2008. I seriously have babysitter trust issues!

July 27th, 2009, 11:14 AM
LOL No I don't think it's sad that you haven't taken Holden to the beach yet. We live about 15 minutes from the beach and Spencer's first time was only about 2 months ago.

I used to nap with Spencer every day until we switched rooms and he had his own room. I think he was probably 9 months or so before I stopped. LOL But even then, when he would wake up in the early morning..like 5:30 or 6 am I would go get him and put him in our bed until we woke up for the day. Now we just let him fuss for a few minutes if he tries to wake up that early and then he goes back to sleep until 7 or 8. This morning was a good morning though. He was EXHAUSTED yesterday after going to a cousin's birthday party. We had barbecue, swam in the pool and visited with relatives. He went to sleep around 8:30 and slept until 9 am this morning! LOL I had to go wake him up after I had made his breakfast for him.

Did you get to see your friends and their baby this weekend? We had fun on our date night Friday night. We went to go see Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. It was pretty good..at least from what I remember of it. We went to a 9:30 showing and it's a three hour movie..so I was pretty tired by midnight. LOL We decided to save some money and eat dinner with the IL's instead of going out to eat. We were dropping Spencer off for the night anyway and they invited us to stay for dinner so we figured why not?

Last edited by Blue_Twinkles; July 27th, 2009 at 11:26 AM.
July 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Ahh I remember the days of being able to let Holden fuss in the morning! Now that he's in a toddler bed he goes running straight to the bathroom when he wakes up.. usually peeing himself beforehand and then comes into bed with me. Doesn't go back to sleep though (SOMETIMES he does, not usually).

Man would I kill for Holden to sleep until 9am! He's not been himself the past week.. pretty bad fever but no other symptoms. I'd think it were teething but all he has left are his 2 yr molars and no way is he letting me look all the way back there.
I miss my happy kid! He was much better today but got the hiccups at least 8 times. Weird??

I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies! Or Lord of the Rings for that matter (although I loved The Hobbit when I was little). A 9:40 showing is late for a preggo! I probably would have fallen asleep.

We did end up going to our friends' house, and they were actually watching Harry Potter when we got there
pleased to say, pictures do not do their LO justice! She has reflux and I was trying so hard not to be that friend who gives way too much advice, but Holden had the WORST reflux (highest dosage he could be on) and I couldn't help myself. That, and they're making the rookie mistake of popping a bottle in the kid's mouth EVERY time she cries. She won't really take a binky, but I think that may just be because they haven't found the right kind for her (Holden would only take Avent binkies) because she very obviously wasn't hungry and just wanted something to suck on to soothe herself with.

July 29th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Wow is Holden already potty training? I would love to get Spencer started..not hardcore you know..just testing the water. But I know that any progress we might make will just be pointless once the baby gets here. I can't see myself dealing with a newborn and adjusting to two kids at home full time while still trying to potty train. I was thinking a few months after the baby is here we would try potty training. Probably around Spencer's 2nd birthday which is the first of February. So Holden comes in your bed in the mornings after peeing himself on the way to the potty? LOL So I guess you have to get up and change him and everything? Ugh, I'm so not a morning person and that would not be fun for me! Haha

I notice some days Spencer gets the hiccupes a few times for no apparent reason. I think I read somewhere it has something to do with teething. Not sure though. We took Spencer to the dr about two weeks ago because he was always messing with his ears and even though we knew teething could cause that, we thought it was more than that..like an ear infection because he would cry everytime we rinses his hair in the bathtub. Come to find out he is cutting his canine teeth on the bottom and there's a nerve there that connects to his ear so that's why he was always messing with his ears. And not just tugging..he would stick his fingers in there like he cleaning them out or something. LOL He still cries when we rinse his hair though. I don't know why..that just started out of nowhere. It didn't use to be a problem. Come to think of it, he's also not so fond of the pool anymore. We sometimes take him to DF's grandparents house to swim in their pool. They have a big, in-ground pool that goes up to 8 or 10 feet I think but we always keep him in the shallow end and we always hold onto him. We took him for the 4th of July and this past Sunday for a cousin's bday party and both times it was like he couldn't wait to get out. He wanted closer to the steps, so we sat him on the tallest step and he immediately turns around and climbs out of the pool. Nothing I could do would make him want to get back in the pool. He used to be a complete water baby. So I'm confused now.

I know what you mean about trying hard to not give parenting advice but not being able to help yourself. I know that, depending on how it's said, I take offense to someone else telling me how to parent my child. I don't mind suggestions but when you start saying it like "You SHOULD do this" or something like that, then I start to get upset. I can't seem to help myself either when it comes to giving advice. Especially if I think I know what the problem is, but I'm always careful to word it so I'm not coming across as critical or a know-it-all. Not saying you didn't do that or anything. Yeah, giving her a bottle everytime she cries isn't the answer. Maybe they will see it's not working and try something else. Spencer had reflux too when he was really little. They switched his formula to a thick one with rice in it but that didn't completely help it. They decided to put him on Pepcid to help with his reflux and that fixed it. They thought it might have been just an intolerance to the formula or something but when he started spitting back his baby food too, they said it was def. reflux. Spencer would only take one kind of pacifier too. He liked the Nuk's. Even when he was first born in the hospital he would only take that kind. I tried to give him a soothie (honestly just because I thought they were cute) but he would have nothing to do with them. Maybe because they were vanilla scented, I don't know. LOL But even after he was a couple of months old, I tried the soothie's again..still a no-go.

July 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Eww Soothie's are vanilla scented? WEIRD! We tried nuk, nuby and a few others but the only one Holden would EVER take was Avent. I don't know what kind he has now.. he only has one and only gets it at nap & bed time although i'd like him to not have it at all but I tried taking it away for nap time... didn't go well at ALL.

Holden's been potty training since he could walk (which he didn't do until after he turned 1). We started out VERY slowly but kicked it into high gear when we found out about the pregnancy.
Past 2 nights he hasn't peed his diaper at all! Although, night before last he got up FOUR TIMES to pee in the middle of the night. I do too though.. so.. it's not like I wasn't up already.
Last night he woke up and hadn't wet his diaper, and didn't wet his diaper on the way to the potty exciting stuff! Thomas takes him to the potty in the mornings because he's up getting ready for work. Like i'm dragging my butt out of bed? I don't think so!
I'm not sure if Holden will be 100% potty trained when parker gets here.. I REALLY hope so though.

Hiccups and teething, huh? I never heard that before, but it would SO make sense right now. Holden was NOT himself over the weekend.. sooo bratty I wanted to break something and ran a fever and kept getting hiccups.
I know the hiccups USED to be from reflux but he hasn't had flux issues since we weaned him from the medicine almost a year ago.

Kids are so fickle! Nothing they do makes sense! One week they'll love something, the next they'll hate it. Holden is the same way. And when we first moved into this house he FREAKED OUT during bath time when usually he loved it. Got over that pretty quickly though. I'm sure Spencer will go back to looooving the water.

My baby shower is next weekend and only THREE people have RSVPd. WTH is with people and RSVPing these days?? It's like they think they don't have to do it. NOT OK WITH ME! I feel like i'm going to have to individually email everyone who was invited grrr. people suck!
We're having the shower so early so people don't cop out of Holden's birthday party, which is in September... and I KNOW they will if I try to throw 2 parties in September. again, people suck!!!

Are you having a shower?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search