Second time (+) moms

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
July August September October
July August September October
July August September BABY!

I'm kind of getting depressed... I've done the pregnancy thing. It's fun. I like it. Woo hoo. I want my baby already.

I wish that pregnancy lasted for like... 4 months. It lasts for 3/4 of a YEAR! ah!!

Anyone else feel the same way?

Just venting.
July 2nd, 2009, 10:41 PM
*Hayley*
i don't know if I'm ready for a family of 4 just yet. I'm enjoying the baby in the belly and the baby running around the house for now. although this pregnancy has been easy so far, i know that I'm soon going to be VERY uncomfortable and ready for the arrival.
July 2nd, 2009, 11:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my third and I really know how you feel, I just want to be 36 weeks now so that the fun can really start, not trying to sound ungrateful or anything but i am already quite uncomfortable and 12 more weeks till then just seems like an eternity!
July 3rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
I don't know, I understand what you mean and everything but for me it's different. When I was pregnant with Rayne, I couldn't enjoy the experience. I was nauseous through the whole thing, had no energy, felt like I couldn't do anything... not even exercise because I'd quickly feel short of breath and very uncomfortable. My anxiety went through the roof and the farther I got the harder things became. I went to the Hospital several time, they even though I might go early. For the last month or two I had braxton hicks contractions ever five minutes. Also, it wasn't planned and I was very stressed about finances. Not to mention I was the first of my friends to get pregnant, and a lot of them didn't know how to deal. I lost a lot of friends, but thankfully found a few real ones in the end. Still, was a very difficult experience for me.

This time it's different. We waited till Rayne was two years old, full fledged toddler, before trying... and I must have conceived no more than a week after her birthday. I had lots of time to get in shape and take care of myself inside and out and it has made all the difference. I'm enjoying being pregnant because I didn't get to enjoy it the first time. I can work out, stay active, go places, eat better, etc.

July 3rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
I know how you feel. To me, October still seems so far away. Even though we only have to get through 2 more full months (August and September). I'm not counting October though. DS came 2 weeks early so maybe this little bugger will too. I think once I stop working it will go faster for me (I loathe my job).
July 3rd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
I am not a second + mom, but in the beggining a friend reminded me that this was our last year in our 20's. I realized every month I just wished the next one to be over and closer to October. Since we found out in Feb. and my birthday is that month, I realized I was basically wishing this whole year away. Not exactly what you're feeling, but a whole year almost, come on!
Ezra Ray 7lb. 7oz. born at 4:20

July 3rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I think I was actually more anxious last time to hold the baby then I am so far this time. I still have so much to do that I don't want the time to go by too fast. Plus I know this is my last pregnancy so I just want to enjoy it rather than wish it away.

July 3rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, this time I know is my last time to ever experience this and I'm kind of enjoying it. Last pregnancy I wanted it over with, I wanted Emily here and to hold her. This time, I'm ok waiting. I love feeling her and knowing she's ALL mine right now. lol I'm trying so hard to enjoy this pregnancy, to treasure it and remember it.
Now give me another month and I might change my mind. lol

July 3rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I've got mixed feeling about wanting October to hurry up and get here or not.

For one this is our last "planned" pregnancy. I put planned in quotation marks because short of abstinence anything can happy. This beautiful little girl will also make us a family of 5! That is honestly 2 more then I ever thought I would have. Also, dh has finally started showing interest in her movements in my belly so I'm savoring the evenings before we go to sleep and he asks if she is moving then places his hand on my belly to feel. Lastly, shortly after her birth dh will be deployed for 12+ months and that is sad.

Now as far as wanting October to hurry up and get here I would say the main reason would be so that I can hit the gym again. I can't wait to see what she looks like and watch her grow up.
July 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
I think I was actually more anxious last time to hold the baby then I am so far this time. I still have so much to do that I don't want the time to go by too fast. Plus I know this is my last pregnancy so I just want to enjoy it rather than wish it away.
Ditto! Perfectly said, honestly I'm kind of scared of what the future brings.
July 3rd, 2009, 08:41 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm totally miserable currently and every day seems to get more miserable- BUT- I'm nowhere near ready to be a mommy of 2! Stay away October!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

July 3rd, 2009, 09:01 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I definatly just want it to be October already. I've been pregnant for most of the last three years and only have one living child. Its a pain in the bum. I feel like I've had to go through two pregnancies to get a healthy living child.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 3rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieB View Post
I definatly just want it to be October already. I've been pregnant for most of the last three years and only have one living child. Its a pain in the bum. I feel like I've had to go through two pregnancies to get a healthy living child.
I can see feeling like that.

I really love being pregnant, I do. But man.. it's long! I love the big belly and the leg cramps and the food cravings and the morning sickness. I love it!.. October is just so far away and I'm super impatient, mostly because none of this is really new to me.

I'm glad that a lot of you feel the same way. In no way am I going to wish this pregnancy away at any time, and I kind of want it to last until 39 weeks (repeat c-section) just to ensure the health of the baby, but getting there is the hard part!
July 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishysticks View Post
I'm totally miserable currently and every day seems to get more miserable- BUT- I'm nowhere near ready to be a mommy of 2! Stay away October!
I have the same feelings.. lol

I personally want my pregnancy to go by slow, but it seems to be flying by..

July 5th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I strangely am not ready for it to be over. Yet, I really wish I wasn't pregnant during the summer. I have been pregnant every summer since 05 (except last but was so unfortunately messed up to enjoy it..) I love being pregnant, just hating being so miserable this time... and besides I am not even close to being ready for being a mom of 3 yet...

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
July 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM
kwarrell's Avatar Veteran
I too am torn like a lot of you above. Although DD was an accident, I wished every single day away and could not wait to get her our - I hated being pregnant and was ready to have her... or so I thought! As our first child, as newly weds, with no friends w/ young children, it was definitley a HUGE reality shock. Just a very odd feeling to not to be able to have everything revolve around yourself any more.. its about this precious little life now.
This pregnancy was also an oops, but I feel more emtionally and mentally prepared even though I still don't like being pregnant - especially the weight gain (I was ten pounds away from my pre-preg weight!!!). I'm torn between being completely ready to have my body and mind back (I've been pregnant for the past 2 years!!!) and not being ready for another little munchkin in the house. I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all... I know I am blessed beyond belief, its just definitely been a very split feeling.

Thank you Eleanor Rigby for my awesome siggy!

Proud Member of Team BLUE

C-Section Scheduled for 10/21/09 @ 3:00pm!
July 5th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have mixed feelings. I just went through a twin labor/delivery last September so I am in no hurry to go through it right now. I had a very hard recovery and the thought of going through that again scares me. On the other hand I think it would be nice to just get it over with so I can stop worrying.

July 6th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have mixed feelings - there are days I love it and days when I can't wait for it to be over so I can have my normal body back. Those are the days I try to remind myself that it is a miracle and I should try to appreciate the experience every day... but sometimes its hard!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
July 6th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Snowpeas
Honestly, I felt that way about my first pregnancy. I couldn't wait for it to be November so she would be here. Now I look at her and can't believe she'll be two this year!

To me it's going too fast. I know the instant he's born he's going to start growing like a weed & changing. And before I know it he won't be my little baby anymore. This may very well be my last pregnancy (according to dh anyway) and I am treasuring every second (even when I complain, lol). Right now he's all mine & I don't have to share him with anyone. I am enjoying that part.

I missed being pregnant so much once Olivia was born, it's such a very special time in my life.

Of course, our house isn't ready to move into yet either so that is a big factor in not being ready for October too. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search