bad night. and not the best morning...kinda long.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2009, 10:51 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That sounds awful. Try to drink some juice every day to see if that helps keep your system regular or have one of those Activia yogurts every day. That should help some.

I hope you feel better soon!

July 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
You poor thing. I had to get my md to order me stool softeners, metamuccile (sp?) and various other gas/constipation stuff...and it still doesn't help...
July 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you SURE it was gas pains? It could have very easily been braxton hicks or contractions because of all the walking you did. It's very easy to confuse one for the other though.

Don't worry. Labor is exciting. You know your baby is coming so the pain feels good. Gas pains suck because what are you going to do.. fart? Big woop. lol
July 3rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you're feeling better. I also get severe gas pains. My DH is getting used to having conversations about my poop (or lack thereof), lol. Unfortunately I have also learned the hard way that grease on an empty pregnant woman's stomach can lead to scary consequences! I second the pp's about the yogurt but also if that ever happens to you again make sure to drink a lot of fluids. You'd be surprised how dehydrating pooping can be and that might be why it was hard to take the tylenol. Good luck with your pizza!
July 3rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSarah1 View Post
Don't worry. Labor is exciting. You know your baby is coming so the pain feels good. Gas pains suck because what are you going to do.. fart? Big woop. lol
LoL MrsSarah1!
Erica - hope you feel better, it was probably a combo of greasy food, walking, and dehydration. What a bummer that your friend was taking so long though.

July 3rd, 2009, 08:23 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds horrible.
I went through a faze like that a couple weeks ago, luckily I'm back to normal.
Happy you're feeling better =^)
July 3rd, 2009, 09:08 PM
*Hayley*
don't feel bad. i have gas pains sometimes that hurt way worse than labor.
July 4th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Veteran
The good stuff in Activia are probiotics, otherwise known as Acidophilus...and the good news is that it's available even without the yogurt. The stuff is a godsend - it comes in a variety of little pills, my favorite are the pearls (they're teeny and very easy to swallow) It works really well for all kinds of little digestive isssues. Check out the homeopathic area of your pharmacy or grocery store - I bet they have it. And it will be good to have on hand when you do go into the hospital, just in case they give you antibiotics. (antibiotics are wonderful for killing off the bad bacteria, but they also get the beneficial ones that hang out in your digestive tract. A little acidophilus supplement will keep things more even-keel - a big plus right after delivery!)
Good luck, and I hope things are better!
July 5th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness... poor girl. I've been totally regular throughout my entire pregnancy - I know - shocking. But, I owe it all to my diet. I agree with the recommendation of one Activia yogurt a day, and as much high fiber food and water and you can eat. I always have 2 slices of whole wheat toast for breakfast, tons of raw fruits and veggies, and a couple of these crazy high fibre crackers (either Wasa or Rivita brand, with at least 7g of fibre per 3 crackers). Plus beans, etc mixed in with my meals. I probably also drink at least 4 litres of water a day. And walk.... and walk, and walk. I swear by it!!!!

Hopefully you can find something that works for you?!?! I can't imagine the pain you must be in

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search