How was Everyone's Fourth of July?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
We had such perfect weather and it was so great to spend time with friends and family. Every year we throw a big BBQ, the food was soooo good We didn't really plan for fireworks this year, turned out it was probably a good thing - lol. After it got dark hubby and I joined my father and friend Megan out on the deck to watch the neighbors setting off fireworks, we actually have a good view. It was so very loud, got Saige all excited She was kicking, rolling, jabbing, and moving around so much I was getting terribly uncomfortable. These were some BIG punches too, you could see my stomach moving all over the place. I was tired anyhow and I'm used to going to bed at 9:30, so we relaxed and watched a movie till we fell asleep. Anyone else notice a fun reaction out of baby?

July 5th, 2009, 07:59 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
We celebrated the 4th of July on the 2nd. THe base doesn't let off fireworks instead it had a pretty good laser show. Little Peyton loved the music she was rolling around, almost like she was dancing.

We are having a bbq tonight with a few close friends but that is about it. Being in another country we have to be careful. I do miss flying our American flag outside our door...
July 5th, 2009, 08:17 AM
CriscoNinja
We had an awesome day at DF grandma's house with the rest of his family! I ate WAY TOO MUCH! But man it was good. No fireworks though, and that's probably a good thing too. The neighbors set a few off, but I'm not a huge fireworks fan. Weird I know! hehe

Glad you had such a good night!
July 5th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulipDawn View Post
We celebrated the 4th of July on the 2nd. THe base doesn't let off fireworks instead it had a pretty good laser show. Little Peyton loved the music she was rolling around, almost like she was dancing.

We are having a bbq tonight with a few close friends but that is about it. Being in another country we have to be careful. I do miss flying our American flag outside our door...
Wow I didn't even think of that, I imagine that can be hard. I have never been out of the country so I forget the vast cultural differences. Glad you were able to celebrate in some way though

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriscoNinja View Post
We had an awesome day at DF grandma's house with the rest of his family! I ate WAY TOO MUCH! But man it was good. No fireworks though, and that's probably a good thing too. The neighbors set a few off, but I'm not a huge fireworks fan. Weird I know! hehe

Glad you had such a good night!
Yay glad you had such a fantastic holiday! I hear ya on eating too much, at one point I was snacking just cause everything tasted good even though I wasn't really hungry lol. I'm not a fan of fireworks either really, so I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. It was just great to see friends and family... and of course eat lots of great food

July 5th, 2009, 06:03 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we were rained out for the SECOND year in a row! it was like in the 60's all day

however, we had a relaxing weekend, we saw transformers on IMAX and it was really loud and the baby wiggled the whole time

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

July 5th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscheriezach View Post
we were rained out for the SECOND year in a row! it was like in the 60's all day

however, we had a relaxing weekend, we saw transformers on IMAX and it was really loud and the baby wiggled the whole time
Sorry you had so much rain, that's usually what it's like here in Seattle... so the fact that we had nice weather was amazing! It always rains on the fourth of July for us, but the last two years have been surprisingly good. I hope next year you get great weather!

I want to see that movie so bad! Hubby saw it with a friend because I refuse to go to the theater when pregnant. Too long and loud, baby will move so much that I'll just get uncomfortable. lol. I had troubles with that when pregnant with Rayne and I get the feeling Saige is just as active

July 6th, 2009, 07:15 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine was great. Very low key. SO got out of work early, so we hung out all day. All my friends bailed on me (I think they were more in the drinking spirit), so SO and I had his parents over for a bbq. It was a good time, his mom was pretty tolerable, so that's always good. Then we saw fireworks last night (the 5th). Nothing too crazy, but very nice.

July 6th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Snowpeas
It was good but absolutely exhausting
So glad to be back home
July 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Ours was pretty nice. We had beautiful weather. We went to a parade (DS loves parades) and then had a cookout at my parents house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search