Heck of a night... **updated

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2009, 09:09 AM
CriscoNinja
So last night around 9 pm my time I started having what I assumed were braxton hicks. It's been over 8 years since I was preggo so remembering what BH feels like is sort of difficult. I figured if I laid down, drank some water all would be good. So DF and I laid down to watch a movie.

Well all through the movie I kept having them. every 6-7 minutes or so. They weren't painfull necessarily but extremely uncomfortable. And after every one Isabella would kick and kick, actually the first time my stomach rolled visably! But man. I started to get worried around midnight since they weren't easing up.

So I took a bath. No help... still every 7 mins or so. I was seriously considering waking DF up. So I got back into bed, got my "inbetween my legs" pillow, tried to get comfy and waited to see. So around 3 am I finally fell asleep. Around 4 am the BH woke me up again. So I got up to pee, drank some more water and went back to bed. They either stopped or I passed out from sheer exhaustion. Now it's 10 am and I'm up for the day and they are gone! But what in the world was last night about?

I'm feeling kind of silly now, but last night they were really worrying me. You'd think by pregnancy #3 I'd be a little less of a worry wort. Anyone else have bad BH? Or do you think this was maybe the real deal? I'm wondering if maybe I have a UTI? I have an appt tomorrow, i'll ask her to test me. I've been peeing like a racehorse these days I figured it was due to the whole organ soccer but maybe it's something else.

What do you think?

UPDATE:

Well, it was a UTI! So I'm on antibiotics again, so I'm glad it was something simple... She did do an internal, and still all closed up tight. She also said it could be dehydration so to up my water intake. Also, I only gained 3 lbs in the last month which is good so that puts me up 13 lbs from prepregnancy. Blood pressure was good, always love hearing the h/b and I'm measuring "right on". So I go back in 4 weeks and I'll be 28 weeks at that point so I'll be drinking the fun drink again for GD test. So yay! All is normal!

Last edited by CriscoNinja; July 6th, 2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: update
July 5th, 2009, 09:43 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Well if they went away hopefully it was nothing. I would mention it to your Dr though to see if something is causing irritation like a UTI.

July 5th, 2009, 05:21 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
Well if they went away hopefully it was nothing. I would mention it to your Dr though to see if something is causing irritation like a UTI.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
CriscoNinja
Thanks ladies... I'm really thinking its a UTI... And I see my doc tomorrow at 1:30, so I'll post an update!
July 6th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Snowpeas
I'm glad they finally went away but they sound like they were really uncomfortable. Let us know what your doctor says
July 6th, 2009, 05:51 PM
CriscoNinja
bump for update!
July 6th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Snowpeas
Glad it was something simple like a UTI & that everything else looks great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search