Every two weeks????

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2009, 10:06 AM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Friday I had a doc appointment. Did the whole sugar test thing and my I say that was awfull. They didn't have the orange flavor stuff this time it was fruit punch. I swear it was like drinking cough syrup. Anyways my appointment went great. Lost more weight...kind of surprised at that one but don't mind. Doc wasn't worried. I am however measuring 4 weeks ahead still. But baby was nice and active for the doc. So all is good.

Anyways my questions is my doc wants me to start coming every two weeks already?? Does this seem early?? I won't be 26 weeks until Wednesday so I just thought it felt early then my last two. But given my last one was 8 years ago I might not have the best of memory. So I was wondering when everyone else is starting to go every two weeks?? I also was thinking maybe its because I am measuring big and they are worried about the size of the baby since my last one was so big. But who knows, I didn't get a chance to ask because he got called to a delivery. So I guess I go back it two weeks and will ask then.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

July 6th, 2009, 10:30 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I start going every two weeks starting next thursday. So I will be 30 weeks. I think that does seem a little early. I guess every doc is different.

July 6th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Super Mommy
I canít wait to be every 2 weeks, I think it would make the days go by much quicker. Iíll be 26 weeks at me next appt and I have a feeling Iíll be every 2 weeks after that (keeping fingers crossed) because if they give me 4 weeks, it means Iíll be 30 weeks and I think you are supposed to start every 2 weeks after you turn 28 weeks.

Yours might be because you are measuring 4 weeks ahead so which means you are actually 30 weeks by your measurements. Glad your appt went well, 2 weeks is around the corner, I hope the next appt goes well also.
July 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I start going every 2 weeks after my next appt, which will put me right at around 28 weeks.

July 6th, 2009, 11:43 AM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
26 weeks seems very early to start going every two weeks to me but then I read everyone else's posts and well I guess it all depends on your doctor.

I wonder if they are thinking you might go earlier because you're measuring 4 weeks ahead so they are wanting to watch you a little closer? IDK. Huh.

I personally hate going in every 2 weeks. I love my doc but well they do the same thing every time you go in. I will ask to only start the once every two week visits when I am 32+ weeks. I always ask and they always compromise with me. hehe. I've been going to the same place for like 10 years and they are all awesome there.

July 6th, 2009, 11:49 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
It seems early to me. I think I was probably around 24 weeks with DS when they changed it to 3 weeks then it was 2 weeks from 33 or so until 37 and then it was every week.

July 6th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Snowpeas
My next appt is at 29 weeks & I will start going every two weeks after that.
July 6th, 2009, 12:19 PM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My next appointment I will be 29 weeks, and I think I will start going every two weeks after that appointment.

July 6th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Veteran
I went to my appt today and my doc wants to see me again in 3 weeks. I'm not sure after that appt though.

July 6th, 2009, 01:43 PM
*Hayley*
Yah that does seem a little early. I go again on the 31st and then every two weeks after that but I should be past 30 weeks then
July 6th, 2009, 03:16 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just saw my OB today, and my next appt is in 4 weeks, so I'll be 31 weeks then, and after that I'll be going every 2 weeks.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geez I guess it is a little early. I know he is planning on me going early either on my own or him inducing me because of my odds of having a large baby. But it just seems weird. Maybe he is just going off of what I measure instead of what I really am. Oh well like faith2006 said it will make time go alot faster.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

July 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I think after my appointment TOMORROW (25.5 weeks) I'll have 1 more 4 weeks appointment THEN every 2 weeks.. but I'm not really sure.

July 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still on 4 weekly and will be until 36 weeks. Then 2 weekly till I give birth.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 6th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I start going every 2 weeks around 32 weeks. I also have weekly NST's at the hospital starting at 32 weeks because of my blood pressure.

July 6th, 2009, 05:59 PM
CriscoNinja
I start going every 2 weeks @ 30 weeks... But I'm sure every doc is different...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search