Car Seats!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2009, 09:08 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sooooo what are we all getting??

We finally decided! Graco snugride for the winter and Britax Boulevard as soon as it warms up a little

DD had an Eddie Bauer infant seat and has an Eddie Bauer Stage 3 convertible now. We hate them both. lol. They are awful. Definitely not recommended. Install is crappy and the straps somehow get twisted ALL the time. We're getting DD a Britax Frontier soon.

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008

Last edited by BellaBellski; July 11th, 2009 at 12:00 PM.
July 6th, 2009, 10:22 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
We are going to use the Graco Snugride we had for DS. We loved it. He's in an Evenflo Triumph now and I love that as well.

July 7th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Veteran
I'm leaning pretty heavily for the Graco Snugride. Haven't decided if we want the standard or the 32 though.

x2
July 7th, 2009, 12:52 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
We have this travel system - SnugRide 32 in Zurich carseat (wasn't nearly that much when we bought it) and Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe stroller . We also bought this Britax

We bought the Snugride 32 because Xavier grew out of his regular one in a matter of months because he was so long...
July 7th, 2009, 04:54 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bought the Chicco Keyfit 30 travel system. I can't wait to put it in the car!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 7th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting the Chicco Cortina Travel System - Discovery! It's got good reviews, so hoping that we like it.

Toys"R"Us - Chicco Cortina Travel System - Discovery

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
July 7th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
We plan on buying a Graco Snugride and then after that a Recaro Signo in Midnight.. My baby boy will be riding in style in his Recaro race car seat.. lol

July 7th, 2009, 06:23 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
We are going to use the Graco Snugride we had for DS. We loved it. He's in an Evenflo Triumph now and I love that as well.
Ditto! Only we had it for our DD, not our DS. lol The Snugride is affordable and super safe. Highest safety possible, so going with a britax, is just for the name, IMO.
She also has the Evenflo Triumph and we love it too. It's so easy to adjust and the thing hooks in TIGHT and again, it's affordable. I love them both.

July 7th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Snowpeas
We have two car seats, the Evenflo & the Graco Snugride.
July 7th, 2009, 08:27 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are the infant carrier/carseats with the zigzag kinda handle actually easier to carry? I heard this, but it definitely limits the choices.

July 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
*Hayley*
We used a Peg Perego for Cohen and will for this one too. Now Cohen is in a Britax Boulevard and we love it. I think that car seat starts at 5lbs, but it's not a carrier and it's nice to have a carrier when they are that small
July 7th, 2009, 09:52 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are most likely going with the Chicco KeyFit 30

July 7th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Ditto! Only we had it for our DD, not our DS. lol The Snugride is affordable and super safe. Highest safety possible, so going with a britax, is just for the name, IMO.
She also has the Evenflo Triumph and we love it too. It's so easy to adjust and the thing hooks in TIGHT and again, it's affordable. I love them both.
It's soo much more than that though. The Britax has more 'ease of use' & safety features than the Graco. Like the headwings for SIP, the anti-rebound bar, the no re-thread harness, bubble level, and the seatbelt style Latch connectors.

Like my husband, the carpenter says, "just because something is 'built to code' doesn't mean it's the best it could be".

But the Canadian Britax Chaperone is only good to 22lbs. 30lbs in the states. The graco is good to 32lbs.... oh dilemmas dilemmas

July 7th, 2009, 11:41 AM
For a carrier, only safety matters to me. The Snugride received the highest ratings possible and that's all I cared about. They aren't in them long enough to pay more for easier features. lol
Our snugride is good to 22lbs, not 32. I could NO WAY imagine carrying that thing with a 32lb kid in it! lol I can barely carry it when she's 20lbs.

Plus don't forget your vechicle. Some carseats just fit better in some cars than others. Here, babies r us will let you take out the display model and try it in your car before buying it. The carseat that is in my dh's car is in very tight and safe, we tried putting it in my Civic and it would NOT tighten like it was suppose to, so it went back to dh's car.

July 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Quote:
For a carrier, only safety matters to me. The Snugride received the highest ratings possible and that's all I cared about. They aren't in them long enough to pay more for easier features. lol
Our snugride is good to 22lbs, not 32. I could NO WAY imagine carrying that thing with a 32lb kid in it! lol I can barely carry it when she's 20lbs.

Plus don't forget your vechicle. Some carseats just fit better in some cars than others. Here, babies r us will let you take out the display model and try it in your car before buying it. The carseat that is in my dh's car is in very tight and safe, we tried putting it in my Civic and it would NOT tighten like it was suppose to, so it went back to dh's car.

The ease of use features are to be sure the seat is installed properly, which is really important.

Yeah, I wouldn't haul a 30 pounder around in a carrier either! I'd just leave it in the car after a certain weight, but knowing I could keep my baby in that one carseat rear facing to 32" and/or 32lbs is a plus because you can then skip the RF convertible (hopefully) I have to figure out how old DD was when she reached 32" because they'll definitely hit the height max before the weight max. She's 28 months now, 36" & 30lbs. She's been 30lbs since a little before she turned 2. So I think this seat would be good for the new RF to 2 & 30 recomendation.

If I didn't live in the freaking arctic I would just get a Marathon, but I need the infant carrier for a winter baby. It gets to like -50*c here in the winter.

July 7th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
We will be using Spencer's infant seat. It's part of the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System in the Deco pattern.
Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System Stroller - Deco - Graco - Babies "R" Us

Spencer now has a Sunshine Kids Radian 80 seat that he uses. We love it!

July 7th, 2009, 12:00 PM
ooohhh I love the Radians, too. I was thinking about getting a Radian for this baby once we're done with the infant carrier, so we'd be able to go 3 across in our Buick (if we're blessed again one day ) but now I'm thinking I'm just gonna make DF buy me a mini van

July 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Em's carseat is Rear Facing for infants 5 to 35 lbs. and Forward Facing for infants 20 to 50 lbs. So it's the only one she'll need.
Her snugride had the level to make sure it was in right also. It has EPS, and the latch system, which I LOVE!
I live in snow country too and hate it! Which reminds me, I need to get one of those car seat covers for this baby for the winter. I'm use to spring babies! lol

July 7th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I'm going to look at the car seats next weekend (I live in a small town - nothing here!) I hope the Graco has the bubble level, not just the line on the seat.

DD's convertible is 5-35 RF and then 20-40 FF and then 40+ HBB. Supposed to be 'the only car seat you'll ever need' ..... but check the expiry! Because most, if not all, car seats expire after 6 years. I believe the only one with a longer life span is the Britax Frontier, its good for 9 years. Granted, you can put a 6 year old in a Backless Booster with a seatbelt, but the 5pt Harness & HBB are soo much safer.

July 8th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
I'm the same way.. If I was to get the infant carrier that goes up to 32 lbs, Adriana will still be in it and she's only 24 lbs and 21 months old.. I don't think I can lug her around in that.. I also like the Graco snugride.. I'll just spend the big bucks on my convertible car seat, since the one I want runs around $300 and it will last for a long time since it goes up to 70 lbs or I'll just use it until the car seat expires...

Quote:
I live in snow country too and hate it! Which reminds me, I need to get one of those car seat covers for this baby for the winter. I'm use to spring babies! lol
All I know is winter babies.. lol You should look into the BundleMe Urban.. I love this car seat cover and it works great in snow country..

urban bundleme | JJ Cole Collections

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; July 8th, 2009 at 07:53 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search